X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Magician
    • Jul 2008

^ haha thanks, very Dada.

Yeah the DC heat tends to reduce me to whatever v-necks and shorts i have in the back of the closet - but it is what i was wearing today so what the hell. Will post something steezier tomorrow.

Edit: At least I didn't do anything in drag!

Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• eat me
      • May 2009

To clear things up - good build (which can mean a great pair of legs on a girl as well as a slim silhouette of a guy) helps an outfit to look great. That's all it was. The problem I found with it is whether one should take the whole picture in the account, or just the outfit, because some might have the greatest gear on but are never going to look as good simply due to their current/permanent physique. It might be a touchy subject for some, but worth discussing imo.

the implication that for an outfit to be great it has to be "next level" (I'll confess I'm still not sure what that's supposed to mean).
      Well, me neither, to be honest. No to step on anyones feelings again :), but none of the outfits currently in HOF are pushing the envelope so far that the stuff being posted here now is unworthy of the follow-up. In fact, I'm as puzzled as Mona as to why some of it didn't get through.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Magician, don't be offended, but I wonder why would someone post a fit like that. You know it will most probably get shot down here. Just wondering if it's even worth the effort of taking a picture and posting it.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Magician
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Magician, don't be offended, but I wonder why would someone post a fit like that. You know it will most probably get shot down here. Just wondering if it's even worth the effort of taking a picture and posting it.
          I enjoy the site and I want to participate. i thought a simple summer outfit would at least give a bit of variety to a thread that can skew towards a very specific aesthetic. I also thought people would appreciate the few pictures I took form the exhibit.

I realize it's plain but I don't think it's particularly awful....
          Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

Well put chant, I can't seem to get away from always wearing dark pants (black or grey) and a lighter colored top and you have just explained why. Whenever I try to break this rule, I feel like it would look better reversed. Despite black being super versatile, this always makes it tricky for me to put outfits together with black shirts because I don't really like wearing all black.

A notable exception, your recent pic with light grey trousers and black coat. This combo works well IMO and is about the only way I end up wearing lighter on bottom, darker on top.

As for Magician's post, I think it's fine, black tee with jeans is pretty classic, even if it breaks the aforementioned rule. I'm with Faust, however, that while this is something I might be caught wearing (edit: minus the jeans shorts and loafers) when it feels like an armpit outside, I probably wouldn't put myself up for the scrutiny of WAYT if I thought the outfit was quite plain.

Originally posted by Chant View Post
            ^ Black and light blue are hard to associate.
            Black upper part + light colour under = unbalanced oufit (dark colour should be in the lower part, light, in the upper, since a dark is a "heavier" colour).
            Only suntanned legs should be shown.

But it's maybe a Duchamp outfit, where you have on purpose reversed the balance.

Last edited by casem; 06-10-2009, 07:33 PM.
            music

Comment

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by Chant View Post
              ^ Black and light blue are hard to associate.
              Black upper part + light colour under = unbalanced oufit (dark colour should be in the lower part, light, in the upper, since a dark is a "heavier" colour).
              i dont really think this is true 100% of the time. especially in the case of black upper (say shirt and coat) with solid grey jeans or pants.

Comment

• beardown
                rekoner
                • Feb 2009

C'mon magician...I've liked some of your stuff in the past but putting up an image of high cut, cuffed, faded/bleached denim shorts on here is just like dangling meat in front of a starving wolf.

Maybe it's because I'm located in the 'heart of America' but those are the shorts of choice of Soccer Moms across the heartland.
                Originally posted by mizzar
                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• GANESA
                  • Jan 2009

same shit.

chant, loved that last fit you posted.

Comment

• Canaduh0415
                    • Feb 2008

Mark Trimagistus:Emboldened by Chant's RO-Non RO Combo
                    LUC, BBS, DDx2, RO

It has been a very difficult year

Comment

• Vanna
                      • May 2008

I really dig that Canaduh. I'm sick of black, and I'm sick of those shoes, but it still looks good. I think the hat makes it (God I hope that isn't your hair).
                      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Canaduh0415
                        • Feb 2008

not the hair..appreciate it..trying to figure out if RO works with anything other than...
                        It has been a very difficult year

Comment

• Vanna
                          • May 2008

I think you proved that it can.
                          Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• christianef
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by 034936 View Post
                            i dont really think this is true 100% of the time. especially in the case of black upper (say shirt and coat) with solid grey jeans or pants.
                            or even:

is your friend in all the damir a member here chant? or just like a damir doma SA?

Comment

• Sombre
                              • Jan 2009

MailMoth's evil henchmen
                              Last edited by Sombre; 02-24-2013, 01:18 AM.
                              An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                              I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• hamham3002
                                • Sep 2008

the tuck looks a bit awkward to me... i wonder how it looks if you have your jeans over the boots (although that might cover up the beauty of those raf)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎