X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • byhand
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by im_parfait View Post
    Hi guys. My friend asks to help him sell this Carol Christian Poell Kangaroo High Neck Gloved Leather Jacket but I have no idea what's the fair price for this one? Great condition, size 50. Any help with the current prices for this type of CCP jacket is highly appreicated.

Have it dyed black by a reputable professional who has experience with leather. You'll make more money and sell it a lot faster if it's black. You might directly ask the good people at CCP to do it for you, but the turnaround time for such a project at CCP will likely be a year.

Comment

• nyarkies
      • Feb 2012

I wouldn't dye it. Yes, black sells more and easier than other colors but I find once an item was altered in any way, people tend to put a lower value on it. Besides, if I recall correctly, there was the same jacket and size in black on eBay recently and that sold for 2.1k only.

Comment

• 13we2
        • Sep 2015

Can you guys see any BBS on Ink's official site? I thought they took BBS off a long time ago and maybe decided for in-store only but accidentally I was linked to this and their BBS stock magically showed up:

Comment

• Ahimsa
          Vegan Police
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Anwar View Post
          The key word here is BLACK, I've sold my donkey version of this jacket for $3.2k, it was a size 46.
          Originally posted by byhand View Post
          Have it dyed black by a reputable professional who has experience with leather. You'll make more money and sell it a lot faster if it's black. You might directly ask the good people at CCP to do it for you, but the turnaround time for such a project at CCP will likely be a year.
          Colibri will dye it beautifully if that's the direction you want to go:
          StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• saniityhd
            • Dec 2013

I have been wanting a pair of workboots as of recently to get away from the usual slim silhouette I wear. Been looking into the Moc Toe from RedWing aswell as the S52M, but of course I have had no chance of trying the CDiem-boots, so I have a hard time knowing how the silhouette is on the feet. Of course I tried to find good pictures before posting, but didnt find any.
            Would they work for slimmer looks aswell as more wide fits?
            Also, if anyone has a picture representing them well, please refer me :-)
            Thanks

Comment

• Lohikaarme
              • Jul 2013

Anyone own the Guidi OX02c (wholecut) derby? How should I size it as a 41.5?

Comment

• minimalistplease
                • Jul 2016

Anyone know how to make your guidi 788z tighter? I bought true to size and after a few wears, now its kinda loose at the ankle part.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by saniityhd View Post
                  I have been wanting a pair of workboots as of recently to get away from the usual slim silhouette I wear. Been looking into the Moc Toe from RedWing aswell as the S52M, but of course I have had no chance of trying the CDiem-boots, so I have a hard time knowing how the silhouette is on the feet. Of course I tried to find good pictures before posting, but didnt find any.
                  Would they work for slimmer looks aswell as more wide fits?
                  Also, if anyone has a picture representing them well, please refer me :-)
                  Thanks
                  They are fine, but by now I'd prefer something like Layer-0 or *gasp* A1923. Just a tad wider and more rugged.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• richard_cao
                    • Mar 2016

Originally posted by minimalistplease View Post
                    Anyone know how to make your guidi 788z tighter? I bought true to size and after a few wears, now its kinda loose at the ankle part.
                    I have seen a post in this thread. Someone bought a pair of preowned 788(or 988) and the ankles part is too wide for him. What he did is dipping the shoes' upper part straight into water and the leather did shrink.
                    Never dress down.

Comment

• Guun
                      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by minimalistplease View Post
                      I just use a half insole. Fills out the space in the ankle nicely and makes the boot more comfortable
                      insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• minimalistplease
                        • Jul 2016

Thank you guys! might try dipping into the water half, hopefully won't change much in the colors.

Comment

• byhand
                          • Dec 2011

I've soaked quite a few pairs of leather shoes in water and then dried them in the sun to encourage them to shrink a bit. It has worked every time. Might want to condition the leather afterwards if it feels a bit stiff. I've done this with leather gloves, too.

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
                            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            They are fine, but by now I'd prefer something like Layer-0 or *gasp* A1923. Just a tad wider and more rugged.
                            I've found some of the later end cdiem shoes and boots have quite a wide toe, with augusta / layer-0 differing in that they have a more pronounced height / bulge to the toe. I'm not huge fan of the clown toe, but I can see how it works out for people.

Comment

• eloquent
                              • Sep 2016

I know you're supposed to size up one on rick leathers, but if you were to size up 2, my shoulders measure around 36cm across, would I still attain that fitted slim look? Or would I just look like I inherited something from my father?

Comment

• ian+
                                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by eloquent View Post
                                I know you're supposed to size up one on rick leathers, but if you were to size up 2, my shoulders measure around 36cm across, would I still attain that fitted slim look? Or would I just look like I inherited something from my father?
                                Rick leathers are meant to fit slim. By sizing up two the shoulders will be way off and the sleeves longer than normal.
                                ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎