X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • christianef
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post

MA+ didn't invent the red cross thats his signature..............Belgian design Duo A.F. Vandevorst was using the red cross logo since long ago....
    i think someone used it even before that too. oh yeah, the actual Red Cross

long sleeve shirts with zippers? this all looks pretty ugly to me.

Comment

• kouji
      • May 2008

im amazed by what tsutsu had said. yes, he is a singaporean designer indeed and someone whom i have known personally. he is a very talented designer and by no means someone who walk in to a shopping mall and get his clothes tailored in such cheap fashion. To be honest, he hasnt been in singapore for the longest time and wont want to get himself related to any singaporean fashion.

i know he doesnt like any of the exposure here as it cheapens the brand name. but trust me, he is more than just a designer himself. there many of his collections that were done even earlier than what you have seen on his web but those were not shown. back then, there were investor issues as well as other management problems.

rest assured, he is not out to con the people who buy his clothes. hes serious about it. just remember, he doesnt want to be associated with singapore too boldly. as for me, i personally dont recognise any of the mention designers you have labelled as even considered talented designers either.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

/\ Let's not turn this thread into a PR battle, please.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MoFiya
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by zamb View Post
          I also detest this growing narrowness of perspective where everything must be seen through the lens of CCP/ MA+/ Rick Owens....................
          I absolutely agree on this statement.
          But I think what we see here clearly is a psychological need to explain everything we encounter and of course, our perception is biased due to our prior experience. We try to sort everything in existing schemas or categories in order to make things easier to understand. By that process, attributes are being added to the "new" designer that were characteristic for the old one.
          I think what differs between an expert in clothes (like, e.g. you) and a novice (e.g. me) that the firstmentioned is able to inhibit his cognitive schemas and can in fact judge something new unbiased and ... objective.

But yeah. Kind of off-topic.
          I have dreams of orca whales and owls
          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ except John Galliano. he defies explanation. if you are reading this, John, we love you!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kouji View Post
              ...i know he doesnt like any of the exposure here as it cheapens the brand name....
              yeah designing clothing to sell and then exposing it to a bunch of clothes shopping addicts sucks.
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I wasn't going to comment on that idiotic remark, but seriously? I will be more than happy to delete this entire thread and let this guy sink into oblivion.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tgadd
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  I wasn't going to comment on that idiotic remark, but seriously? I will be more than happy to delete this entire thread and let this guy sink into oblivion.
                  Being charitable, could it not be that the designer is as PR-phobic, as it were, as someone like Paul Harnden? Or, in another direction, perhaps the designer doesn't like to see the kind of slap-fight on display here, and wants their clothes to establish their reputation before hype or exposure can define their public image.

Comment

• delphine
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by tgadd View Post
                    Being charitable, could it not be that the designer is as PR-phobic, as it were, as someone like Paul Harnden? Or, in another direction, perhaps the designer doesn't like to see the kind of slap-fight on display here, and wants their clothes to establish their reputation before hype or exposure can define their public image.
                    uh, nah.

Comment

• 123abc123
                      • Aug 2010

Sorry... I have been lurking around this thread for a while now, but decided never to post anything regarding criticism for it as I am well, to put it nicely, a novice when it comes to fashion... But I just thought that was hilarious I legit loled.
                      BLOG

"I know that I know nothing"

Comment

• cmitso412
                        • Feb 2010

He is worried about a thread with five photos, a discussion about why designer prices are what they are, and some bickering? He must be a bit paranoid. I don't think deleting this thread would have any negative impact on his sales at all.

Comment

• Darklands
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2008

PR

Originally posted by tgadd View Post
                          I really have no idea at this stage of what his take or strategy is on PR, or if he even has one. He did nothing really to draw this attention other than release a very small capsule collection of which he has been working on for years.

What I do know, is that although he is originally from Singapore, he has absolutely nothing to do with the Singapore Fashion scene. His intention for the near future is (and always was) to focus on European production, European shops and a European market.

Although given the strength of the Paris showroom he was picked up by, the chances are good that for AW 2011, we will see his product in more than a few shops around the world.

Comment

• nictan
                            • Jul 2009

as a Singapore, it is ironically hilarious that NO-ONE wants to be associated with the Singaporean fashion scene. says alot about the Singaporean scene.

Comment

• tgadd
                              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Darklands View Post
                              I really have no idea at this stage of what his take or strategy is on PR, or if he even has one. He did nothing really to draw this attention other than release a very small capsule collection of which he has been working on for years.

What I do know, is that although he is originally from Singapore, he has absolutely nothing to do with the Singapore Fashion scene. His intention for the near future is (and always was) to focus on European production, European shops and a European market.

Although given the strength of the Paris showroom he was picked up by, the chances are good that for AW 2011, we will see his product in more than a few shops around the world.
                              It's good to see a store standing by their buy. It's telling to me that nobody here who has expressed a negative opinion (and there have been more than a few) has indicated that they have seen or felt the clothes in person, or in anything but a few lookbook shots and your store shots. Until I see either a lot more shots, or see the items, there is no way I could form an opinion.

Comment

• christianef
                                • Feb 2009

place would be dryer than a shot of Fleischmanns if people completely avoided expressing opinions based on a few random pictures. last time i checked this is a fashion forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎