• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • #ruin
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by leatherscarf View Post
    wtt obscur jkt
    & with this post, the motive has finally been revealed.

Comment

• Vanna
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
      Do you like gladiator movies? Have you ever visited a Turkish prison?
      Nothing gayer than knowing how to stuff a turkey.
      Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• leatherscarf
        • May 2012

[OT OT OT OT]

Originally posted by ngoa View Post
        is it because the zipper is not straight? ;)

And what the hell guys, that wtt thing was supposed to be a god damn joke, I fucking love that leather!

I'm going home

[/OT OT OT OT]
        What is your favorite color?

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Vanna View Post
          Nothing gayer than knowing how to stuff a turkey.
          So Kentucky housewives are the fiercest flamers around? I always knew it!!!
          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• ImaPro
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by twistedSADISTIC View Post
            & with this post, the motive has finally been revealed.
            Causing Controversy around the jacket. Genius.
            Originally posted by merz
            ...which the wealthy attempt to buy taste by way of ballin' outta control & inflating values for everyone.

Comment

• springsummer1993
              • Aug 2012

in reality

stylezeitgeist is an amazing intimate space for the niche and left-field tastes regarded by its members. this thread is certainly one of those of the many that points towards that mentioned intimacy. there's banter and understanding, its great. but it also certainly points towards the outcomes of our stylistic choices if not also, of our character.

i'm sure in many ways, most of us here consider ourselves as outside the radar of normalcy. how far detached from 'reality' or normalcy are we? and do you guys find it pleasurable?
              live for conflict / die for heaven

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

It's hard to say. Personally, I wouldn't say I dress for others, but acknowledgment is sort of a nice added bonus.

I am suspicious of overt and exuberant compliments (maybe it's my Soviet upbringing, I don't know), but what I really like is when I get these intrigued looks in my immigrant ghetto - they are not hostile but rather curious. I think that's nice. And many of them come from people who definitely regard how they dress. They maybe failing because they don't know better (god, I sound like such a pompous ass, sorry - what I mean is I also used to be in that situation, trying but not knowing better - take it as empathy), but at least they are trying to put together a style.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

I can't say I find being left-of-centre pleasurable...as in, I don't get off on being the weird one. As far as sz members, I'm probably one of the more conservative in the way I dress, so maybe that's why I don't really get any attention/comments from outsiders, aside from the odd "that shirt is really long" or "wow...you're not wearing black today!"
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• springsummer1993
                    • Aug 2012

I always look forward to the weekend when I can don my own uniform instead of the regimental organisation's.

Sometimes it is a lonely road, full of hostile rather than curious looks. I've only ever received hostile looks. This weekend I figured I'd bunk at a family friend's and I got into the lift with one of the neighbours. i was in yohji apart from a black raf dress shirt with knee length sleeves. the man gives me a look of derision and bombards me with highly sarcastic comments. i feel you on the suspicion regarding out of the way compliments. one of my mates, always gives me them but he has the best poker face and it doesnt give any at all. you're not looking for acceptance or understanding but just some respect as a human being. my choices don't make me less nor do they make me more than anybody else, i'm just being me.

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Curious if you live in a city? (big, small, etc.?) I find people here just ignore, no matter how you're dressed, but I may just be oblivious.
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• springsummer1993
                        • Aug 2012

I am currently staking out in Singapore, geographically tiny metropolis but supposedly large in influence coming from across borders and a very progressive nation (i call bullshit on that though). No, I think it'd be safe to assume that where you are, people just let you get on with it. I actually am from Australia and that's what happens when I'm there.

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

meh...I guess I just don't give a fuck either way. people in Canada are often too polite to comment anyway...we just look and judge in our heads.

Comment

• springsummer1993
                            • Aug 2012

true. that's all i'd ask from someone, to keep it in their heads instead of attacking someone they don't personally know. next time, that guy though, fist to the face.

Comment

• keilani
                              • Jan 2012

In Toronto, especially the "Higher-class" area such as Yorkville, people look at me as if I'm going to hurt them, rob something or vandalize. It sometimes makes me think twice before wearing certain garments but oh well. Although I do love it when the odd fellow compliments me and asks me what I have on.

Comment

• Rosenrot
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by springsummer1993 View Post
                                true. that's all i'd ask from someone, to keep it in their heads instead of attacking someone they don't personally know. next time, that guy though, fist to the face.
                                Dude, while I can empathise with you, be thankful you haven't got tits and ass to hide.
                                Originally posted by Patroklus
                                Better too adventurous than not enough
                                everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍