Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phiman
    • Dec 2011

^oh I get that hobo thing a lot. I'm already known amongst my friends as the guy that spends all his money on looking like a homeless dude.

Comment

• Atmosphere
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
      I was wearing a bbs hooded coat today. My dad said it made me look japanese (?) I suppose because of how it draped and was tied, like a samurai attire. My sister, on the other hand, said I looked like a hobo.
      Your username means 'the reason cock' in Swedish. Therefore - dress with reason so that your dad doesn't think you look strange (i.e. Japanese) and show the world that you got BALLS and tell your sister off when she says that you look like a hobo.

Comment

• Supel
        • Apr 2011

I have a number of experiences in public and even through my own peers but can't pinpoint one in particular at the moment.

One thing I despise, is people who categorise. Unfortunately our generation tend to have a bad habit of stereotyping, often because they may perhaps be a closed off person, or just plain simply tunnel visioned. And it all falls down to not understanding which tends to be the reason why that specific individual puts you into their genre/group they've labeled you as. I'm certain many of you have covered this topic on numerous occasions over the years, however, society is different in many parts of the world and from where I live in comparison to somewhere like the US, it seems a lot more extreme here.

We've all had those times where you've previously judged someone prior to meeting them, and shortly after they happened to be an amazing person whom may even be someone special from a paramount perspective. (Musician, designer and so forth). Most often people attack others where they see a weakness, but if you show confidence in what you wear and how you come across, then people will admire that. Obviously no real secret.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

It's not just your generation, Supel. Every generation is prejudiced. If anything, I'd say each succeeding generation is less prejudiced than the one before.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• galia
            • Jun 2009

Nah, the focus of the prejudice just shifts and gets sugar coated. No such thing as progress, or regression. It's just an impression

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Oh, you are such a pessimist.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• galia
                • Jun 2009

No, I think there is lots of room for improvement on an individual level, and that people can progress. Just not humankind as a whole, and espacially not by congratulating itself about the amazing progress it has been making throughout history, while knowing virtually nothing about the past.
                Sorry, when the ideology of progress shows its bright red nose, it triggers my intellectual gag reflex

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Tell that to all the people who have made gay marriage a legal right. If that's not a sign of progress against prejudice, I don't know what one would be for you.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

Hah I really don't want to get into such a loaded debate over the internet, especially not with someone I actually know ahah. So you can just call me a pessimist and I'll consider myself a bitter realist and we'll just leave it at that. Every generation ever has always thought it was better than the one before, especially the ones that ended up commiting atrocities. Just a thought.

Comment

• messenoire
                      • Nov 2009

i was in new york over the weekend and got the "full sith lord" comment! granted i was in rick from crust and gleam so i mean it makes sense. also on another note it was cold as fuck out so not being a sith lord in the city doesnt make any sense to me!

Comment

• Patroklus
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2011

my personal experience is that a lot of people are only more quiet about hating queers, and only because it's not considered very polite to wonder aloud whether or not it's a mental illness anymore.

Comment

• Lane
                          • Aug 2010

I live in the state that legalized it first. We definitely are "progressing" for whatever minute level that may be. but society solves all these qualms now through self-segregation.

Comment

• Resonkuken
                            • Oct 2012

One day they´ll understand I have yet to wear that coat out much, but I´m thinking my family´s reactions were the first of many to come, but I´m ready

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Supel View Post

We've all had those times where you've previously judged someone prior to meeting them, and shortly after they happened to be an amazing person whom may even be someone special from a paramount perspective....
                              just out of curiosity, and for the sake of argument, how often does one pre-judge someone and then turn out to be completely right? of all the times that you pre-judge someone, how often are you right vs. how often are you wrong?

this is particularly interesting for those that work in an industry that deals directly with the public. sales, service, retail, restaurants, etc etc.

just curious what people will say...
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

I hate everyone before I meet them, and continue to afterwards. So in the end, I'm always right. 100%.
                                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎