• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soultek
    • Feb 2007

Re: Introduce Yourself

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="philip nod"]fuck the energy business. fucking rapists.
    [/quote]

he's going into nuclear energy, not oil. if anything, he'll be the one saving us from exxon-mobil.

[/quote]

Nuclear energy gets a bad rap.

Comment

• soultek
      • Feb 2007

[quote user="ironman"]

soultek: i didn't mean any offense, it's just that i have many friends whose parents are mechanical and electrical and i find they don't get paid as much as i think they should. i'm expecting 80-85 starting, and can ask my student advisor and dean if any graduates spoke of their salaries. and i don't know anything about any inflation compensation, but when searching for those things in my previous post i came across some articles complaining that OPG and Hydro One are overpaid. does that have something to do with it?
      anyway, i plan on getting my master's as stated, and am in my program's "management option" so yes, i will be selling out as you called it lol

[/quote]

I'm not offended, I was well aware of starting salary differences when I was in school. That's a lot of tough school to go through to do a management option. Personally, I'd think an MBA after your BS would serve you much better. Anyhoo, you're young. There's nothing more annoying than a bunch of geezers telling you how it really is so I'll lay off. Good luck with your studies and welcome to the board.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="soultek"][quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]

he's going into nuclear energy, not oil. if anything, he'll be the one saving us from exxon-mobil.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would imagine for different reasons (pollution and other risks to the planet) rather than for unjust enrichment.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Purity
          • Apr 2007

I [64] oil

Comment

• soultek
            • Feb 2007

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="soultek"][quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would imagine for different reasons (pollution and other risks to the planet) rather than for unjust enrichment.

[/quote]

All it takes is a Chernobyl or 3-mile Island. If its done right, nuclear power is pretty clean. Mistakes are localized, long term, and devastating. On the other hand oil/coal necessarily pollutes, however it's impact is much more nebulous and spread out. It's such a hot-button issue for people but many don't know that today 20% of US energy is from Nuclear power.

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

yeah ill believe it when i see it. energy across the board is going up dramatically.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ironman
                • Apr 2008

soultek: yeah i have to sneak in courses while i do my internship after my 3rd year...so i guess it's a bit of extra work =/. the way it's set up for me is that it's 4 years for my undergrad BEng, +10 easy intro courses for management option, then +1 year for MBA. while i agree that the master's will do me better if i had to choose just one, i don't feel i have to choose; like you said, i'm still young! it's not at all annoying; i'd rather have realistic information than dream, which is why i try to find as much solid information on it as possible, bugging my student advisor all the time. my province uses 70% nuclear power, and i know other countries use it, but i don't know how much

faust: main reason we get a bad rap is for what soultek said, those two accidents. the accidents were due to negligence, not following safety and accident guidelines, etc. even when something does screw up for whatever reason (human error or equipment failure), there are layers and layers of security measures to stop the problem there. basically, these two serious accidents could have been avoided even once they started. as a student, i've already taken a few courses regarding accident safety and reviewing those events over and over, and have quite a few more coming up. i'd upload my course map if i knew how lol.
                again, as what soultek already stated, if it's done right, it's safe and clean. the only real bad thing i know of is the long term problem of where to dispose of the radioactive waste (which i'll probably learn of in "radioactive waste management design" and "environmental effects of radiation"). but on the plus side, countries get increased energy security, so you don't have to rely on others' oil and stuff. it also pays for its initial cost pretty darn fast. and for regarding physical security for those scared of terrorist attacks, one of my professors who has been in power plants in germany, russia, canada, usa, and others said there's armed security

philip nod: what will you believe when you see it? i think nuclear power is here to stay, because it really is the most feasible replacement for fossil fuels, and all that global warming stuff has people scared. some countries are trying to phase out nuclear power, and it'd be nice if solar and wind power could replace it, but from what i know, i really don't see it meeting energy demands

p.s. thanks everyone for the welcome and replies :)

Comment

• larssss
                  • Jun 2008

Hello SZ,

I'm Lars, I'm a 3rd year fashion design and technology student in Vancouver. I don't know what else to say other than I'm done lurking and ready to contribute.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="larssss"]

Hello SZ,

I'm Lars, I'm a 3rd year fashion design and technology student in Vancouver. I don't know what else to say other than I'm done lurking and ready to contribute.

[/quote]

That's what I'm talkin about!! Welcome

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

what i meant was

that the price of energy will go down instead of up, exactly what has been promised, yet never fulfilled, for years, and years to come. amen.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• vintagechica
                        • Jul 2008

Hi, my name's Pam, I'm 16, and from Canada. I've been dangerously addicted to fashion for the past two years, but it's always really been in my life. I'm super shy so I doubt I'll be posting very much. Plus you're all really intimindating, and I feel like I know nothing compared to you all. [:$]

Comment

• DHC
                          • Jul 2007

Hello! My name is Dave and I would like to wish everyone a happy fourth!!!!!
                          Originally posted by Faust
                          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="vintagechica"]

Hi, my name's Pam, I'm 16, and from Canada. I've been dangerously addicted to fashion for the past two years, but it's always really been in my life. I'm super shy so I doubt I'll be posting very much. Plus you're all really intimindating, and I feel like I know nothing compared to you all. [:$]

[/quote]

Welcome, Pam. [51]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• awlouie
                              • Sep 2007

[quote user="DHC"]Hello! My name is Dave and I would like to wish everyone a happy fourth!!!!!
                              [/quote]

Thanks Dave...I wish you and everyone a Happy 4th as well!

A warm welcome to: Jona, Nameless, LeOn, Ironman,Lars and Pam! [75]

(Sorry, I'm a little late.)

"Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                              -Bruce Lee

Comment

• Schadenfreude
                                • Jan 2008

Yorself Yorself Yorself

I am Brian. I have come to understand someone else on this board has this completely uncommon name, so you can call me whatever you wish.

I got into fashion about 2 years ago. I had always been attracted to it but never really grasped that I was attracted to it. I have no idea how to explain that so that it doesn't sound so absurd. I work entirely too much. The construction of garments is what interests me the most about fashion. That and the small details that you don't really notice unless you're paying attention. I want to eventually start making my own clothes. I am starting with learning footwear though.

My parents grew up in East Germany and moved here when they were 20 with 300 dollars in their pocket. I watched them go from a tiny apartment (probably around 500sq ft) to owning 3 properties. Their perseverence is what drives me today, although my outlook on life is entirely different than theirs.

Here's a face to go along with the name:

oh, this picture decieves (i took it because I was trying to see what my hair looked like this way) my hair's length is similar to phillip nods. Haircut in 2 weeks.

Originally posted by ddohnggo
                                fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎