• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Can I get a free haircut?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Warg
      • Nov 2012

Maybe and it s because of your Manson quote on your "location"
      Ahah
      Are you in NYC?

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Yes, and I've always wondered why I should pay $100 for a haircut instead of $20.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Warg
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Yes, and I've always wondered why I should pay $100 for a haircut instead of $20.
          well for 20$ in new york you get a shity haircut...
          i m at 95$ but I know people paying 150-200$ for they hair... men!

come by a Tuesday, it ll be fun :)

Comment

• fncyths
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Warg View Post
            well for 20$ in new york you get a shity haircut...
            i m at 95$ but I know people paying 150-200$ for they hair... men!

come by a Tuesday, it ll be fun :)
            Whaaat?! A man's haircut should never be more than $60 for a basic cut. I don't care what sort of crazy educational background you have...

For the record if a man is paying $100 up, it should include an in depth consultation and growth profile, shampoo scalp massage, hot straight razor shave, a neat whiskey, and perfectly executed subtle witty banter. ANNND there better not be any clippers in sight!

If you don't get atleast a hint of the above, you're paying for some super fucking ego...

Originally posted by Shucks
            it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
            Originally posted by interest1
            I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Warg
              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
              Whaaat?! A man's haircut should never be more than $60 for a basic cut. I don't care what sort of crazy educational background you have...

For the record if a man is paying $100 up, it should include an in depth consultation and growth profile, shampoo scalp massage, hot straight razor shave, a neat whiskey, and perfectly executed subtle witty banter. ANNND there better not be any clippers in sight!

If you don't get atleast a hint of the above, you're paying for some super fucking ego...

Not disputing pricing lol
              But come over I ll be happy to do your hair.

Comment

• tc99m
                • Jan 2010

Hello SZ

Let me introduce my self, I’ am a struggling medical student in the Boston area, focusing in Radiology, particularly Nuclear medicine, a very objective field. I have been lurking through this forum for a while now and I am amazed by the many intellect/ aesthete members. What brought me here was mainly my focus in fashion, however, in my field, my colleagues and friends see “fashion’ as a joke, due to the mass media portrayal. As I read more through this forum, the connection of literature, philosophy aesthetics was deeper and in more in depth then I suspected, which then I asked myself “How deep does this rabbit whole go”?

As I dwell into the medical field, I apart myself from it by reading this forum. I also love to read medical literature, which involves ambiguity, truths, human flaws and transcendence, which questions my thoughts and knowledge, to deeply explore through the art of medicine using a humanistic & Biopsychosocial approach.

Anyhow, I hope I can contribute my thoughts and knowledge to this forum.

Kind Regards

Alex
                I thought, if I could draw my paines,
                Through Rimes vexation, I should them allay,
                Grief brought to numbers cannot be so fierce,
                For, he tames it, that fetters it in verse.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Welcome. You and Chinorlz will get along just dandy!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jan 2011

Hello everyone,

Been lurking for a bit, but have yet to post an introduction.
                    I've started migrating from technical brands like SI Shadow Project and Arcteryx Veilance to brands like Julius and Obscur. After years of working with animals (venomous snakes mostly) I've switched things up and am now getting certified as a personal trainer. I live in Austin, Texas, which is a nice place, if a little too hot. Looking forward to contributing to the forum.

G

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                      • Dec 2012

from Mexico

Hello everyone,
                      I discovered SZ very recently (a coupe of weeks maybe) and I have spent countless hours reading and exploring everywhere I could in here.
                      These forums are extremely interesting, specially since style and fashion designers have become a new and very recent interest in my life. I am now realizing how many years I've lost without knowing how to dress properly, and not caring about it
                      So far, my favs have been : Rick Owens and Ann Dem, but I am discovering with high interest many others (LUC, CCP, Obscur, etc, etc.).
                      I probably wont be very active in these forum at first, since I have a lot to still read and learn. And a lot to buy too, of course. Which brings me to introducing myself : 32 years old, living now in Mexico city.
                      I used to live in France before for many years, and I do have the chance to travel sometimes for work.
                      so, pardon me in advance if I start posting in the wrong threads, but does anyone know if there are decent stores in Mexico city ? I sadly don't think there are, but maybe... who knows? I didnt see any threads about that, and my research on the forum did not bring anything up.
                      I also want to catch the oportunity to ask if there are other latin-american members around here, and ask them how do they deal with their shopping! Cause ordering on-line to Mexico is not a good deal: 30% additional import taxes + other diverse taxes, ending up in huge final price....
                      Well, hoping to have a great experience around here ;-)

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Welcome. We had a good Mexican member here, Diego, but we have not heard from him in a long time. I think for these brands your best bet is L.A., if you want to check them out in person.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• josecc
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
                          I am glad to see someone from MX, I am from Mexico City but I am studying in the UK. Sadly, there is no store in Mexico carrying the brands discussed here (maybe it is a future business opportunity), L.A. and N.Y. are your best bet or if you can negotiate with the seller perhaps he may send you the parcel with a low declared value and as "a gift". Now, I am in holidays in Mex City, but if I can help you in the UK with these stores please send me a pm, I will be glad to do it. Saludos cordiales

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                            • Dec 2012

thanx to you both Faust and Josecc!
                            it's difficult for us latin-americans to have access to these brands in person. I bet it's probably the same for the rest of the latin-american countries. Still hard to believe there is no market for those brands in countries like Brazil, Argentina or even Mexico... (and many on-line stores wont ship here, such as the corner or ink... Luisavia does, but I had the unpleasant surprise of having to pay a lot of taxes to get my packages delivered...).
                            I am lucky enough to have some family in the US and in France, so I can have stuff sent to them, and my job gives me the oportunity to travel there sometimes so I can arrange to get the stuff (I'm probably going to NY at the end of january, hopefully... I've already seen there are threads on NY shopping here... ). It's not the ideal solution because I cannot try anything on before, so it's a risk I take... especially if it is with a designer am still not familiar with (and there are plenty of those since I'm kinda new around here).
                            So far I only had the chance to get some stuff from Ann D. and Rick Owens (and marginally Silent DD), so I more or less have an idea of the sizings, but from what I read in the forum, sizings may change from one season to another, or even from one item to another, so, it's kinda complicated...
                            I will probably have to plan vacations to L.A. in the near future and save A LOT of money... (the good thing of not having an easy access to those things in here is that my bank account wont get raped in the next three months!! cause I'm seeing some amazing stuff around here, I'm going crazy!!)

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
                              • Dec 2012

it's a small world !

OMG I can't believe what just happenend....!!!! after browsing through this forum I just found a guy I know ...!! what a surprise!!
                              one of the active senior members of this forum is a former colleague of mine, we worked together in the same company for like 3 years or so...!! It's really a surprise for me to discover he has a passion for fashion and luxury clothing ... well, I kinda knew that he liked expensive fancy clothes but I never imagined he was that much into this thing... his pictures are all over the forum!!
                              I have to admit that already back in that time (around 2006-2009) I already liked his style pretty much...

I'll PM him to say hi :)

what a small world...

Comment

• BSR
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Nomadic Planet View Post
                                OMG I can't believe what just happenend....!!!! after browsing through this forum I just found a guy I know ...!! what a surprise!!
                                one of the active senior members of this forum is a former colleague of mine, we worked together in the same company for like 3 years or so...!! It's really a surprise for me to discover he has a passion for fashion and luxury clothing ... well, I kinda knew that he liked expensive fancy clothes but I never imagined he was that much into this thing... his pictures are all over the forum!!
                                I have to admit that already back in that time (around 2006-2009) I already liked his style pretty much...

I'll PM him to say hi :)

what a small world...

ah ben ça pour une surprise

Tu aurais pu faire comme moi et te nommer "SCE"...
                                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎