• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nomadic Planet
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by BSR View Post
    ah ben ça pour une surprise

Tu aurais pu faire comme moi et te nommer "SCE"...
    ouais non, ça me rappelle trop le boulot c genre de nomenclatures

sympa de te retrouver par ici mec ;-)

Comment

• gavroche88
      • Jun 2010

I've been lurking on here for a few years, and just started to post with more frequency. Buying a random Cloak piece, which I came to love, got me into clothes about four years ago. And my tastes haven't really diversified too far from there! There's something I love about the subtly and reserved nature of Plokhov's early clothing, where the pieces appear simple to the observer and only the wearer realizes their intricacy.

That said, I do enjoy looking at the work of and learning about many of the other designers and craftspeople that are admired at SZ, even if I'm not interested in owning many of the items. Overall, I appreciate this forum's dedication to craft, and I hope to discover things alongside you all in the years to come.

Comment

• ahn
        • Jul 2012

Now I've come out of lurker status and posted once or twice it's only proper I introduce myself :)

My name is Alicia, I am from Melbourne, Australia.

I refer to myself as a practitioner of dark aesthetics, although I do wear mostly black these days constantly I really mean dark as a mood as opposed to merely a palette (although they are classically hand-in-hand).

Lately I am accruing and incorporating better quality garments into my wardrobe, with the intention of establishing a highly edited collection of garments that suit my style perfectly. I hate excess and am trying to buy better and buy less. Old habits die hard, it is a learning curve and a slow process - especially for one on a student's budget.

I am in my final year as a student of jewellery and object design. I love making jewellery more than anything in the world, I would give up almost everything to pursue this passion.

I have a fascination with the juxtaposition of hard and soft. I suppose this is why my two favourite designers are Rick and Ann - Rick for his more sharp-edged dystopian futurism and Ann for her romantic gothic femininity.

As it is I am probably inspired more by Ann's work as a jewellery designer and more by Rick's work as somebody who has to get dressed in the morning.
        some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Welcome, gavroche and ahn.

Alicia, not to plug the StyleZeitgeist magazine immediately, but you should check out our feature on Werkstatt Munchen, who produce Ann's jewelry.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• coro
            • Dec 2008

may i ask, since when?

Comment

• ahn
              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Welcome, gavroche and ahn.

Alicia, not to plug the StyleZeitgeist magazine immediately, but you should check out our feature on Werkstatt Munchen, who produce Ann's jewelry.
              Thank you Faust.
              My boyfriend is a member of the forums I'm sure although I don't know if he's an active poster, he buys all the SZ mags (partly why I first began lurking here) and I have enjoyed reading both of those features! It would be a dream of mine to intern with Werkstatt, although I can't speak German!
              some do it fast, some do it better in smaller amounts.

Comment

• Maxgame
                • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Yes, and I've always wondered why I should pay $100 for a haircut instead of $20.
                I totaly agree never paid more that 20 few times friends insist buying me expensive haircuts just to convince me how amazing an experience to pay 150 to hair cut I didnt care for it at all more you pay more they trying to do and convice you they wort 150 and mess the hell up your hair

Comment

• egoody
                  • May 2012

Hi,

I'm a full time touring guitarist for a moderately successful band with roots in punk/hardcore. I've been interested in fashion for a couple years but have only recently been able to start buying pieces on my income. Trying to bridge the gap between looking good on tour without ruining expensive clothing with drool, sweat and way too many other bodily fluids.

If anyone is into the new wave of "screamo" or "emotional hardcore" scrne id be happy to get you into shows on future tours i do if I can.

Comment

• schemedream
                    • Jan 2013

My interest in fashion tends to change as I age. I was in Southern Cali in a small beach town for years and watching what was trending there and in LA was interesting and often painful. I've moved to the bay and I have to admit that neither of those things have changed.

I work in the entertainment industry. I think I lied to myself in the beginning of caring about fashion because of my work, but now I know that it's because I like the expression that comes from it.

I have to admit it's easy to get lost in all of it. After lurking for a bit I realize I know next to nothing. It's refreshing to have such an interest in something and have a source of information like this website.

Comment

• MeMyselfAndI
                      • May 2012

Hi,

I've been reading SZ stuff since one year.
                      I started posting so i feel the need to introduce myself.

I'm interested in fashion since less than two years.
                      Guess that makes me kind of a noob.

I love Attachment/KKA stuff.
                      LUC knits are a grail for me.
                      Guidi boots makes me wanna sell a kidney.
                      CCP leathers makes me wanna sell my sister.

I'm a Research & Development projects manager in Paris.

Thanks for all your inspiring WAYWT.
                      Been amazed recently by what MetroBulotDodo is producing.

Have a nice day folks.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Welcome. Funny how I have come to recognize French (French speakers?) because you translate "depuis" directly into "since" instead of "for" (as in "for one year") :-) (And please don't apologize for your English, I am sure it's great)
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MeMyselfAndI
                          • May 2012

Thanks for the tip ;)

Common mistake that's true.

"for" is translation for "pour" in french.
                          It's mainly used in that kind of context "It's the best (random stuff) for (something)"

Using the word "for"/"pour" in a context of duration usually doesn't make sense in french.
                          Exceptions can be found in slang sentences like "il en a pris pour 10 ans"
                          Last edited by MeMyselfAndI; 01-25-2013, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• sixledge
                            • Dec 2011

Was looking for this thread so that I could introduce myself.

Been browsing the forum since 2011.

Bought a few things here and there from some SZ members and had a great experience so far.

Favorite designers are CCP, RICK, LUC, and BBS.

Favorite store is Atelier and I stop there every time I am in NYC.

More of a lurker when it comes to forums but hope to put up some WAYWT submissions and contribute to the discussions.

Comment

• springsummer1993
                              • Aug 2012

Don't think I've formally introduced myself on this forum. The least I hope for, by being here, is to be a sponge. A fantastic forum with a community that shows remarkable depth of knowledge. If I can contribute even a little it'd be great.

Gaws, the street photographer directed me here. I had already been captivated by Jun Takahashi's work and Raf Simon's earlier output but as I was browsing the forums, Yohji's work was really what moved me. Now, I'll say that my trio would be Yohji, Ann and Raf (debut-fw05).

As for what I do, I'm still studying to be an accountant (or perhaps I might swerve to industrial design) but most of all I am a professional athlete.

That is all,
                              live for conflict / die for heaven

Comment

• springsummer1993
                                • Aug 2012

mandatory military service? which country did you serve? and 'hey' aha
                                live for conflict / die for heaven

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎