• Show
Clear All
  • Raw
    • Oct 2009

I'm guessing maybe Singapore?

Comment

• gnow
      • Jun 2010

Besides Singapore, lots of other country have mandatory military service; Korea, Greece, Taiwan to name a few.

In anycase. Welcome!

Comment

• Raw
        • Oct 2009

Yeah I know, I was just venturing a guess

Comment

• Atom
          • Sep 2009

Been there done that got the t-shirt. Oh what a waste of time it was.

Comment

• curiouscharles
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
            Thanks for the tip ;)

Common mistake that's true.

"for" is translation for "pour" in french.
            It's mainly used in that kind of context "It's the best (random stuff) for (something)"

Using the word "for"/"pour" in a context of duration usually doesn't make sense in french.
            Exceptions can be found in slang sentences like "il en a pris pour 10 ans"
            this is precisely what trips me up at first when trying to speak French again after a long[ish] break.

thinking [& subsequently structuring] my sentences in English first [in my head] & trying to actively translate on the fly, never works.

the since/depuis confusion is a classic example with me & my french immersion class-mates, another one being sur/on - we all sounded quite silly for the better part of six years talking about television & radio programs we observed "sur" their respective devices.

-

Comment

• kythe
              • Jan 2013

I've been lurking on the forum for a few weeks so I think it's about time that I introduce myself.

I'm a graphic design student from toronto (seems like there are a lot of graphic design students in this thread )and I've admired junya watanabe and yohji yamamoto's work for a long time now.

Thanks to SZ, I now have a deeper appreciation for their work and other designers that I have been introduced to. Looking forward to talking with you guys.

Comment

• inconduit
                • Jun 2009

long time lurker, only recent participant. toronto. hello.

Comment

• MoLK
                  • Jul 2012

Hello sz,

I'm always drawn toward monochromatic clothes yet had no knowledge about so called 'avant garde' or 'artisanal' clothing before introduced to sz by a friend. Well, I realized that most of the interesting pieces I found are mostly for guys...hopefully these great independent clothes makers will make more pieces for women
                  "Life isn't about how many breathes you take, it's about the moments that take your breathe away" - Will Smith

Comment

• lionlimb
                    • Feb 2013

Slightly intimidated female poster here.

Mid-twenties Texas dweller, subsisting below the poverty line.

I arrange flowers for a living, write for a small publishing house, and sing classical / newly composed music.

I've found that (as a generalization) men's fashion tends to focus more on my interests (textiles and craft quality) so I'm excited about this forum. I'm interested in long-term minimalist wardrobe building, and geeking on the classic Japanese avant-garde, the limited world of women's denim, and collecting vintage and antique wool and silk pieces.
                    not baller

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

welcome!
                      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Ekinerkan
                        • Jan 2013

I am a Turkish high school student who lives in Pittsburgh. I am a high-schooler, and I attend arts school as a writer. I started getting into fashion after skating and the skate-culture is encompasses, and along with my interest in poetry (the culmination of artistic movements linked to poetry/writing, such as surrealism and romanticism, are prominent in fashion). I like to explore "dark" and "decay" in fashion, and am currently working on making clothing. Favorite brands are Boris Bidjan Saberi, Rick Owens, CDG, Junya Watanabe, Carol Christian Poell, Juun. J, Damir Doma, Ann Demeulemeester, Individual Sentiments, Devoa. I especially have recently fallen in love with Rip Van Winkle and Layer - 0.
                        “The noise of the bars, the grit of the sidewalks,
                        The decaying plane trees shedding leaves in the dark,
                        The omnibus a hurricane of rattling iron and mud,
                        That screeches, badly aligned on its wheels,
                        And slowly rolls its green and yellow eyes,
                        Workers going to their club, smoking clay pipes
                        Under the noses of the police officers,
                        Dripping roofs, sweating walls, slippery pavement,
                        Cracked asphalt, streams filling the gutter,
                        That’s my road—with heaven at the end.”
                        -- Paul Verlaine

Comment

• mxdvs
                          • Feb 2013

My name is Max, I'm a 19 year old photography blogger, web and graphic designer from Antwerp, Belgium. I also run a music blog and a couple of other websites.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Welcome, kids!
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• circles
                              • Feb 2013

Hello, I have been a lurker here for a while and figure I should introduce myself!

I live in NYC, I work as an assistant/industrial designer/boutique manager for a two artists here in Brooklyn. One of whom is Thomas Hooper, who I know some of you are familiar with. We have a company (artifact publishing) for which I do design and laser engraving. Relative to SZ, I have had the pleasure of a couple projects for Helmut Lang and engraving business cards for Le 21ème.

Assuming anyone would be interested I could provide some behind the scenes insight to upcoming Helmut Lang/contextually relevant projects we get. By that i mean answering questions about construction etc haha, no advertising intended.

I love Sruli, Inaisce, BBS, Obscur, CCP, clean, structural, androgyny. I fear I'm going to wear out my m.a.+ wallet after a few months because its so beautiful I can't put it down. I sometimes make garments for myself and intend to improve and do so more often !

Marc1975's stunning Gareth Pugh recreations and Heirloom's hair are my favorite recurring trends, thank you.

Comment

• Rem05
                                • Oct 2012

Hello all, I am from Calgary, Canada.

Great website you have here, I been browsing for a few months now.
                                Love Guidi, Layer-0 and Devoa.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎