Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeeven
    • Feb 2013

I am here to participate in good discussion. Hope you all my friends enjoy there with learning and sharing a lot. In this era it is a great thing available for us that we can learn everything in the comfort of our own home and all knowledge is here just need to click. I see this community is a great source where the people can share every matter of life.

Comment

• Toe
      • Dec 2012

I've been lurking here for a couple of months.
      I've found my way here when I was googling for InAisce stuffs.
      Normal guy in mid-twenties, works in garment industry. Hello all SZers.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by circles View Post
        Hello, I have been a lurker here for a while and figure I should introduce myself!

I live in NYC, I work as an assistant/industrial designer/boutique manager for a two artists here in Brooklyn. One of whom is Thomas Hooper, who I know some of you are familiar with. We have a company (artifact publishing) for which I do design and laser engraving. Relative to SZ, I have had the pleasure of a couple projects for Helmut Lang and engraving business cards for Le 21ème.

Assuming anyone would be interested I could provide some behind the scenes insight to upcoming Helmut Lang/contextually relevant projects we get. By that i mean answering questions about construction etc haha, no advertising intended.

I love Sruli, Inaisce, BBS, Obscur, CCP, clean, structural, androgyny. I fear I'm going to wear out my m.a.+ wallet after a few months because its so beautiful I can't put it down. I sometimes make garments for myself and intend to improve and do so more often !

Marc1975's stunning Gareth Pugh recreations and Heirloom's hair are my favorite recurring trends, thank you.
        welcome. let's hope these things can lure him back on sz a bit more...

Comment

• Maxgame
          • Nov 2012

Hi again...

My first intro wasnt the very pleasent one for admins and myself I was under the impression site to be little more democratic maybe english not being my first language made difficult to express myself I was just trying to share my experience however limited it was to be part of the community. Its not easy for me share in more technical areas I feel like most everyone is an expert here and how can i contribute as jsut a consumer with i believe to be with a bit of unique taste of my own.
          What encoruage me this time to share was I just read the New Rules of SZ and I really appreciate it made me feel welcome and accepted sounded little more tolerant to the newbies as myself.
          I'm relativly new to Indipendent fashion seen coming from a long background of Prada's and Balmain's however 3 years ago by total coincidance I bought a leather piece from Isaac Sellam and that opened flood gates to the brand new world of RO first than the rest of the artist and start spending my extra time wondering in places in NY such Atellier, If, Hotovelli and picking pieces here there so you guys can only imagine how I felt when I find out about SZ first as a market place because there is no other place in web as unique and some how trust worthy as SZ market place .
          Fashion, clothes and shopping in my down time my fav thing I become pretty good at making alterations and modifications ( with help of a tailor) and traetment different washes ( with help of a friend with huge textile factory)
          So few times I tried to get involve with other forums beside marketplace but didnt really know where to start, I must have purchase probably over than 30 pieces from members since I joined beside one they all been very pleasent few of them we even developed little more personal communication.
          I live in Chicago but travel a lot for work NY being my fav place I'm looking to meet some of the guys in person in near future.
          And I too Faust is big fan of Quang Park I also agree to fact her women line is stronger and die for so the PH
          Hi again
          Max

Comment

• Maxgame
            • Nov 2012

Quick note

I had 8 post count down to 3 now anyone know why? Lol...

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Some might've been in a thread that was deleted
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

You had a lot more than 8 actually...I deleted several for your useless questions & comments in the classifieds threads, and several of your posts were deleted in the former "Sz Bitchfest" thread, not having anything to do with your actual writings.

Either way, welcome. Start/continue contributing insightful posts and in no time you too can hawk your crap on sz.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Maxgame
                  • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                  You had a lot more than 8 actually...I deleted several for your useless questions & comments in the classifieds threads, and several of your posts were deleted in the former "Sz Bitchfest" thread, not having anything to do with your actual writings.

Either way, welcome. Start/continue contributing insightful posts and in no time you too can hawk your crap on sz.
                  Hail Chief, no worries -- I do my best although with hammer in your hand highly doubt I ever get there

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Have faith my son.
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Posts in classifieds don't actually show in post count, so the missing ones are from the mentioned thread
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Squat
                        • Feb 2012

Hello SZ,

better late intro than none :) I am reading, exploring, researching and educating myself here since around 2006-2007 (I don't know why I don't find the term "lurking" to be appropriate) - but only signed-up recently

I am born in 1977, live and work in Munich, where I have shifted my self-employed work from a club-dj to producing soundtracks for fashion- and art- events, installations, movies, runways etc.

I was able to gather very valuable information on items and things I was looking for, get inspired by others, some members here helped me out directly a couple of times - others I already know in real life and even friendships have developed.

So thanks for all that and hello -

H.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Welcome. Maybe you can post some of your work in the "post your work and creations" thread.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Squat
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Welcome. Maybe you can post some of your work in the "post your work and creations" thread.
                            Great! I haven't yet come across that thread or even on the idea of posting my music-related work here - but I have a next to-do now - So thanks again :)

Comment

• Kala
                              • Apr 2011

Better for me to introduce myself in the apropriate thread rather than on the small question thread

Have been lurking around SZ and buying some stuff from the big guys on the classfield for a while now.

I'm 28 yo, from Geneva, Switzerland.

My job in a commodity trading company doesn't allow me much wear of my "SZ approved garments" (aka "SUIT UP !" all week long, except on Friday of course, where polos are allowed ) but it certainly give me the pay grade allowing me to buy some nice stuff to wear on the week-ends and evenings.

Anyway, I'm a fashion ethusiast enjoying the work of the designers SZ focuses on, living in a high wage country where street shopping is terribad and overpriced, hence why internet and places like SZ are my prefered ways to shop.

Best Regards to everyone, always a pleasure to read threads like the WAYWT and discussions under Shopping and Personal style on a daily basis

K.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Welcome, Kala.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎