Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

hey michael. welcome to sz. most likely u'll find that u also have many other things in common with several of us. so keep on keepin on.

Comment

• upsilonkng
      • May 2010

Originally posted by Senekis View Post
      Hi, I haven’t posted here before but I have been buying stuff from the classifieds for a while now so I guess I should introduce myself. I’m 28 and from Australia, I live in a small town in south east Queensland. The closest major city would be Brisbane or the Gold Coast.

I recently picked up a set of Ann D triple lace boots which I love. I can’t stop looking at them, they are amazing. Also I scored some Rick Owens textured leather pants that suprisingly fit me pretty well. I have trouble finding stuff in my size, I’m pretty thin, so I mostly end up buying womens clothing even though I’m a guy. I like a lot of the stuff from Song for the Mute, especially their shirts. Obscur, I have a few of their leather jackets even though it’s too hot to wear them 90% of the time here, but I love them none the less. Julius, I have too much Julius stuff. It’s a shame their denim pants tend to look too big on me, they need to make a size below sz 1.

I don’t really know anyone else that dresses like me or that likes the clothes that I like. And I guess I found this site while searching for clothes that I know looks great but no one seems to sell around here. I don’t know, I just think it’s cool that there are other people that share my fashion sense. I’m glad I found this place.

Michael
      yeah michael we aim to share ur fashion sense.... uh this is ur first post here? u live in australia and u like australian things like sftm maybe u started at con?
      Julius does make a sz0 julius ma sz1 is quite small , we hope to be able to continue to share ur interest.....
      maybe take a step back and breath, take into account how long this board has been around, think of all the collective members here, and all the posts they've made over the years, now remember u just used the submit reply for the first time.
      would u like to restate that sentence?

Comment

• Senekis
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
        yeah michael we aim to share ur fashion sense.... uh this is ur first post here? u live in australia and u like australian things like sftm maybe u started at con?
        Julius does make a sz0 julius ma sz1 is quite small , we hope to be able to continue to share ur interest.....
        maybe take a step back and breath, take into account how long this board has been around, think of all the collective members here, and all the posts they've made over the years, now remember u just used the submit reply for the first time.
        would u like to restate that sentence?
        Yeah, I meant I didn't know anyone personally. As I said, I live in a small town.

Do Julius make a sz0 in denim pants? Never seen them for sale online before.

Comment

• skelerope
          • Jul 2009

I used to read through here regularly many years back, I know a few older members that I had the opportunity to meet, and now I have returned through my profile and hope to be more active on here in the future. I am currently a stylist and art director from Australia working with international and local labels in the fashion industry. C

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Welcome back, C.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lohikaarme
              • Jul 2013

Hi guys. I'm a college student. I'm slowly trying to expand my wardrobe this year to fit the direction I want.

Not much to say about myself... I enjoy looking at pictures of animals online.

Hopefully I'll start posting here, though I'll probably mostly lurk more so I can keep soaking in information.
              Last edited by Lohikaarme; 07-07-2014, 02:40 AM.

Comment

• the breaks
                • Sep 2007

are you finnish? (re: your username)
                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• gawkrodger
                  • Jun 2013

Hello

Been lurking a while, then joined earlier this year. I've been interested in clothes/fashion for around a decade but have been drifting further towards what I will lazily label a SZ aesthetic for a bit now, a process accelerated by a stay in Australia, where I saw people of similar builds etc wearing related garments well. Reaching a point where I have enough disposable income to afford said items helped as well! ha

Aside from the obvious my passions are similar to many on here music, art, lit as well as the less common (on SZ at least) combat sports (especially Brazilian Jiu-jitsu in which I train obsessively), revolutionary politics and screenprinting (as a side venture from my very dull day job I own and run a screenprinting club)

hmm, that all reads rather like a dating ad. haha

Comment

• Majestic
                    • Dec 2013

Allow me to humbly introduce myself here,

To begin with, I’m a student in political science in major, social science and contemporary history in minor at the University of Lausanne in Switzerland. My activities, apart from learning about fashion. are mainly workout, reading, watching good films and hang out with friends (the usual stuff I guess). I learned english and german at school and continue to practice english as often as I can, so try to be sympathetic to my writing, please. More importantly, I was brought to this forum - I’d rather say community – and the world of fashion by a very good friend of mine ; Fouineoursb who has heavy influences on my taste in clothing. I began by paying attention to all kinds of posts on a regular basis e.g. almost everyday, to become familiar with the language uses, the practices and manners. Moreover, I tried to impregnate myself of the very spirit of StyleZeitgeist (that sounds a bit like a pleonasm, therefore I’m really sorry for it). I’m impressed by the wealth of quality informations presented here and I’m very grateful for it. For that matter, I like the whole idea of deconstructing fashion, more precisely designers‘ work, with the benefit of opinions from heterogeneous people. Furthermore, it is done - as it seems - outside of any marketing pressure or consumerism urge. Thus, I am excited about the possibility to discuss fashion as an art and individual expression inserted in diverse societies. In fine, I hope, in the future, to be able to bring my contribution to StyleZeitgeist in the fields I feel comfortable to formulate a decent judgement, in particular litterature, sociology, social psychology and history.

Sincelery,

M.

P.S. If someone needs help about anything related to Switzerlanl, feel free to ask. It would be a pleasure for me to assist you.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Welcome, Majestic. I trust you will make yourself at home here.

I might visit Switzerland this summer. Never been, and I know I am missing out.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                        are you finnish? (re: your username)
                        Nope, I just tend to use Finnish for my usernames. It's an interesting place, or so I've heard.
                        Last edited by Lohikaarme; 07-07-2014, 02:41 AM.

Comment

• Mung_city
                          • Jul 2012

My name is Brian, I am 29 and I live in San francisco. Prior to that, I was a resident of Seattle for 7 years.

Always been into clothing. Didn't really know all it had to offer until i discovered blackbird years ago. I started exploring and doing my own research and education from there, even making a special trip last year o see some of my favorite flagship stores in Tokyo.

I am enrolled to start classes for fashion design at LATT this summer. I can't wait to expand, and give back to an industry that has already given me so much.

Other than that, I love culture, and art, and travel. When i'm not well dressed, i am in hostels and shuffling about. I take photographs. I make a living doing random things. I really have never had a career

Comment

• princess
                            • Dec 2013

Hello everybody! I've been hanging around for a little while but I've decided to make an account because Ahimsa keeps nagging me about it :P.
                            I recently moved from California to NYC to study fashion design at FIT. Before that, I studied psychology and women and gender studies. I'm still building my portfolio but I'd love to post some pieces in the future so I can get some feedback.
                            School pretty much takes up all of my time but when I do manage to carve out some free time, I like to eat unusual foods, tinker around with Arduino/LilyPad, dance around, and occasionally play with flaming toys. If you're in the NYC area and it sounds like we may have some interests in common, feel free to PM me because I'm always down to meet new friends.

Comment

• michael_kard
                              • Oct 2010

Princess you sound like a very interesting person.
                              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Welcome, princess.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎