Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nyarkies
    • Feb 2012

So the 25 post count applies to the men's classified section only?

Comment

• wildinthewoods
      • Feb 2014

Hey I am back to using sz after a while gone, and while I find the new format very visually appealing, I have a couple of hopefully constructive criticisms:
      -I miss being able to click in the header to go back to a previous subforum, for example, above the posts where it says "Forums - Announcements and Feedback - Forum Changes", used to be able to just click on "Announcements and Feedback" to go back to that subforum, now have to click at the top "StyleZeitgeist" forum which takes me back to the main page then make my way back to where I was.
      - Several times during a session the page just logged me out randomly while browsing so when I would go to comment I would need to sign back in. I tested safari and chrome and both same thing, so I don't think it's a browser issue, not sure if anyone else is having this problem.
      - Finally, agreeing with poster above, seems unfair Women's Classifieds needs 100 posts still, while Men's has been changed to 25.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

We changed the women's classifieds to 25 post count as well - this was simply an oversight, sorry!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

We should be doing some work on the above issues this weekend. Thank you for bearing with us.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mne
            • Mar 2016

sorry if it has been answered before but where do I check how many profile views I have ? if I recall it used to be under my profile's avatar ?

Comment

• mrbeuys
              • May 2008

Stop being so needy...

Kidding.
              Kind of.
              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Shadowvault
                • Oct 2014

Dont know if it has been posted before (i didnt find anything through search) but anyway,here are some thoughts:
                1) I cant go back from page to page using the page path.For example you got Forum->Forums->Mens Clasified->Ad
                I cant click forums and go back there
                2) I cant search posts based on a specific person.So a better search function would be nice
                3) I find the all white background really eye tiring,especially when im browsing at night.
                4) I dont know how difficult is this to be made but since i am a new member when i am trying to read the first posts of an old thread most of pictures are gone.Something more lasting would be nice. (but im pretty sure you know that and you are working on it)

Comment

• Usul
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Shadowvault View Post
                  Dont know if it has been posted before (i didnt find anything through search) but anyway,here are some thoughts:

1) I cant go back from page to page using the page path.For example you got Forum->Forums->Mens Clasified->Ad
                  I cant click forums and go back there

3) I find the all white background really eye tiring,especially when im browsing at night.
                  Man, i can't stress enough how spot on these points are.

- The broken navigation links are a real pain in the ass, it's true. The board is basically broken at this point.

- Search is weird and the last couple of times i tired to use it, i couldn't get much out of it. No search impedes the board usability.

- But the all-white background design is downright hurtful. To be honest I'm not sure why this change happened at all, but this new white background is simply unusable. It's hard to stay/read the board for more than a few minutes. At least consider making a second (darker) skin so that users could select it from their Control Panel and personalize the board to their liking.

I know that many users hate it, but they are reluctant to voice their opinion cause the're scared of the mods.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Usul View Post
                    I know that many users hate it, but they are reluctant to voice their opinion cause the're scared of the mods.
                    I don't know why you would assume that. Is anyone else finding the background hard on the eyes?

We are sorry for the delay. Coincidentally, is there anyone on SZ that knows vBulletin on the programming level? We've had some trouble addressing the issues voiced here.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• k3mist
                      • Apr 2013

yup, very much preferred the previous darker color scheme cause I read the forums at night mostly

Comment

• Verdandi
                        • Mar 2012

The white theme really is quite jarring even with Flux on at night. I would be really grateful if it were possible to have an option to change the theme to something a bit darker. A lot of other forums do have this feature.
                        lavender menace

Comment

• curiouscharles
                          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          I don't know why you would assume that. Is anyone else finding the background hard on the eyes?

We are sorry for the delay. Coincidentally, is there anyone on SZ that knows vBulletin on the programming level? We've had some trouble addressing the issues voiced here.
                          nope, not scared of the mods.

having a dark skin option would certainly be welcome, especially when i'm doing my make-me-sleepy-iphone-in-bed ritual.

most of the news aggregate sites and forums i read at this time do have the dark skin option, but i'm not personally bothered by white screens [honestly not sure how you folks deal with FB for example, teehee].

the navigation links not working IS a huge gripe for me personally though.

-

Comment

• nyarkies
                            • Feb 2012

Not very mobile friendly either. Uploading photos is a pain. For some reason upright photos upload sideways and very difficult to fix.

As for the mods... well...

Comment

• Joey
                              • Dec 2014

Originally posted by nyarkies View Post
                              Not very mobile friendly either. Uploading photos is a pain. For some reason upright photos upload sideways and very difficult to fix.

As for the mods... well...
                              For fixing upload issue, you can open the picture in Paint, rotate in a direction and put it back, then save. Pic editor apps can maybe do the work if you upload through your phone.

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Files need to be a certain size for easy uploading, usually below 800x 600

I much preferred the black background we had before. was more in line with the oroginal philosophy Aesthetic of the site.
                                I can live with this though
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎