• Show
Clear All
  • shdws
    • Sep 2011

Best music festival you have been to & anticipated festivals in your agenda

OK to start it off

festival:
    DAFT PUNK 2007 Nevereverland tour 2007 in SYDNEY
    Deadmau5 sideshow 2009 at the Forum it was like a 3-4 hour set just by him, poo got crazy in tha place! (BEST crowd ever)

Anticipated:
    Laneway Festival February 2012, Feist and Cults to play
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people
  • Czx
    • Feb 2011

So far only been to Heineken Opener last year. Even tho they lineup wasn't spectacular I had tons of fun. James Blake, Crystal Fighters, The National and Deadmau5 were great live.
    Look forward to both the Opener and Off Festival this year. So far Opener annouced The xx (<33333), Bjork and Justice. The Off Festival annouced quite a few so far but I'm looking forward to seeing Colin Stetson (!!!) , Black Face and Matthew Herbert the most. I'm still sure both lineups will get only much much better.
    Would give my kindey to be able to go to Coachella tho, the lineup there is just incomparable with anything.
    néant
    Last.FM paranoia
    Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
    0 > ∞

Comment

I want to got Sonar some day. Roskilde 2006 was the only festival i've been to and it was brilliant.

Comment

• Crowzer
        • Feb 2011

I went to the Dance Valley in 2006. It's in Spaarnwoude, Netherlands. The atmosphere was crazy, I keep some good memories even I don't listen this kind of music anymore.

Comment

• between
          • Oct 2011

these days i'm dreaming of going to CTM.12:

sadly it looks like i won't be able to make it...

and best festival i've been to was in Istanbul a few years ago, with Röyksopp. it was massive.

Comment

• sam_tem
            • Apr 2007

just the typical SXSW and FFF stuff in Austin, but it's been way too long since i've been back up there (2008 i think).

question is, is there any music festival better than SXSW in Austin? i just remember being able to eat and drink all you could possibly consume for free from noon to 3am all while seeing most of the greatest bands of the time in small bars/stage settings, usually for free.

Comment

• Denpatou
              • Jan 2010

psych fest. seriously. last year was fucking insane (roky erickson!!!) looking forward to this year's lineup as well, been waiting to see lockett solo for like three years now...
              SEMI-SORTED. / DRUNKEN HEARTED

Comment

• shdws
                • Sep 2011

Hmm

I've never heard of SXSW (but I am from Australia), from some limited images it looks like it is literally held in a street, thats heaps cool.

Yea Justice and Deadmau5 is awesome live. Seriously when you think about it, people who haven't been to at least one music festival in their lives is missing out on something so amazing imo, regardless the music genre.

Coachella looks like it draws in some nice crowds definitely . Too bad I'm not in the states, but I assume tickets sell out super fast for them as well.
                Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• Squeek
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
                  question is, is there any music festival better than SXSW in Austin?
                  I personally think SXSW is the most fun. Dirty dirty fun.

Originally posted by Denpatou View Post
                  psych fest. seriously. last year was fucking insane (roky erickson!!!) looking forward to this year's lineup as well, been waiting to see lockett solo for like three years now...
                  I heard last year's psych fest was sick after the fact.

Comment

• Czx
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by shdws View Post

Coachella looks like it draws in some nice crowds definitely . Too bad I'm not in the states, but I assume tickets sell out super fast for them as well.
                    Yeah. The tickets sold out super fast this year and now they are being reselled for sometimes crazy amount of money. I still would pay any price if I would be in the states. The lineup this year is absolutely amazing. WU LYF, GY!BE, The Weeknd and Bon Iver is enough to make me drool and there is so much more great stuff there this year.

Off Festival here just posted another few artists of their line up, featuring Iggy Pop and The Stooges, Black Face, Suicide, Death in Vegas and the one that made me uber happy - Colin Stetson. Can't wait to see him live to witness his saxophone technique.
                    néant
                    Last.FM paranoia
                    Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                    0 > ∞

Comment

• shdws
                      • Sep 2011

LANEWAY MUSIC FESTIVAL

= EPIC, hippies and hipsters = best looking crowd.

FEIST and M83!

Comment

• eleven crows
                        • Mar 2011

laneway festival = shit

buzz bands paid tribute by masquerading harlequins. a couple of my friends went.

Comment

• nycd
                          • Oct 2006

roadburn 2010 and especially 2011 curated by SunnO))) were both amazing. 2012 is looking good too.

also looking forward to killtown deathfest 2012

Comment

• Acéphale
                            • Apr 2010

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Comment

• nycd
                              • Oct 2006

wow - you went to this? i'm jealous. would have been amazing. white columns put on some great events in the late 80's/early 90's. too bad they sort of stopped later on when they moved from spring street.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎