• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endorphinz
    Banned
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by laughed View Post
    and what a gutless effort by the knicks.
    Knicks loss was not about effort or heart. it was about superior talent beating an injury decimated team. all things considered, I thought the Knicks competed well. the heat are just better and with all the knick injuries, it really shouldn't have been close....and it wasn't

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
      • Apr 2011

The shumpert injury was huge.. He is a legit top tier defender and would at least slowed bron/wade a bit more. But it's tough to see amare n melo struggle so much together.. They should look to bring in a vet pg like a Nash for next year..

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Yea,

the Knicks with two "superstar" caliber players would have had a chance if an average rookie was not injured..........

if the knicks want ot have any chance of competing they would package Carmelo Anthony and try to send him to Orlando for Dwight Howard because they can forget about getting anywhere trying to build around a bogus superstar.............

Anthony is a more likable and bigger version of Iverson and Marbury and those long list of scorers who are just that...........scorers and nothing else, and you can put Derrick Rose in that category too

Originally posted by Urbaninstitution View Post
        The shumpert injury was huge.. He is a legit top tier defender and would at least slowed bron/wade a bit more. But it's tough to see amare n melo struggle so much together.. They should look to bring in a vet pg like a Nash for next year..
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by zamb View Post
          Yea,

the Knicks with two "superstar" caliber players would have had a chance if an average rookie was not injured..........

if the knicks want ot have any chance of competing they would package Carmelo Anthony and try to send him to Orlando for Dwight Howard because they can forget about getting anywhere trying to build around a bogus superstar.............

Anthony is a more likable and bigger version of Iverson and Marbury and those long list of scorers who are just that...........scorers and nothing else, and you can put Derrick Rose in that category too
          So, let me get this straight.. Stephen Jackson, diaw, splitter, Gary f*ing Neal, and DujuAn blair are all around ballers yet d-rose former MVP is just a scorer... HAHAHA, You really know NBA talet.. I commend you for being such a visionary.. You ever even play competitive basketball?

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

No,

to our first question
            and no to your second, I never played competitive basketball, but I am no jackass either, somehow underneath this unattractiveness lies the one gift i've always had, a brilliant mind...........

isnt it obvious to you you are creating false equivalents

you dont compare Jackson, Diaw and Blair with Rose and Anthony

you compare Rose and Anthony with Duncan, Parker and Ginobili,.........I'll let you ponder that a little.........

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

Carmelo Anthony is the best (statistically)closer/finisher presently on the nba... including Kobe ...he single handedly won a NCAA title. shumbert's injury WAS huge and I'm surprised you don't acknowledge that (zamb) the Knicks weren't supposed to win a title this year. they were supposed to be competitive and they would have been if Lin & shumbert didn't get hurt.
              look,the heat have superior talent and if they play to their potential will win multiple rings

the Knicks would love to trade stat but that isn't feasible

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

If the Knicks want to trade Amare they want to trade the wrong guy, and i'm surprised all these media jackasses are promoting that kind of Crap,

Amare came to NYC last year and was the league MVP for the forst 50 games of the season when the knicks were six games above .500, and Raymond Felton was a borderline all star at the point whose game was lifted by playing pick and roll with Amare. Landry Fields was a rookie of the year candidate and basketball in NY was going somwhere

Carmelo has not proven himself since he has come to NY, and the Knicks are essential trying to build a team around a guy who is certainly not a team player.

you said it right, he won the NCAA title single handedly, but single handedness does not work against elite NBA Players, its team basketball that works........

The difference with Carmelo in Denver was he had Kenyon Martin, Nene and Chris Andersen who are all defensive minded bigs who rebound and get points from putback..............Amare is not that kind of player, but the best pick and poll power forward in the game today..........its a shame that at the prime of his career peole espect him to waste away on a tea with an isolation ball stopper who is only concerned about padding his stats..........

Good luck with Carmelo as your guy,

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
                Carmelo Anthony is the best (statistically)closer/finisher presently on the nba... including Kobe ...he single handedly won a NCAA title. shumbert's injury WAS huge and I'm surprised you don't acknowledge that (zamb) the Knicks weren't supposed to win a title this year. they were supposed to be competitive and they would have been if Lin & shumbert didn't get hurt.
                look,the heat have superior talent and if they play to their potential will win multiple rings

the Knicks would love to trade stat but that isn't feasible

Comment

• endorphinz
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2009

first of all, whatever stat was, he is no more. what he is now is a constantly injured, uninsurable player who , at the present, clogs the floor and gets in the way. the only hope the Knicks have is to use him as a super sub when carmelo is off the floor.

like I said, all this stuff us moot till lebron wins a title and decides to go back to cleveland , thereby breaking up the heat.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

A man of your age and experience should be able to think for yourself without listening to the garbage pontificated by the Dumb ass media personalities who are paid to sensationalize things and to make superstars out of bogus talents with marketable personalities.

So a guy who only last year tied the record for most 30 point games in Knicks history and was a legit MVP candidate has suddenly become a player whose career is over or should be used as a super Sub...........Yea, really.
                    If you look at Amare's career you will see a guy who has an immense work ethic, and has always come back from every injury the game has thrown at him by adding a dimension to his game. the guy was a highlight reel as the rookie of the year and a second year player playing with Mabury and Penny Hardaway in Phoenix, after his knee was injured he added a midrange game to compensate his above the rim game, his eyes got damaged, so he wears protective goggles and still dominates in pick and roll sets.........
                    Unlike boozer he is a legit Max player, with the only weakness in his game being rebounding

Carmelo is forever an isolation ball stopper, never making anyone around him better and never making an effort to even try.
                    if Carmelo was willing to change his game the Knicks would have a legitimate chance against the Heat, and the reason for this is simple.
                    As good as Wade and Lebron are, Miami is a flawed team with a below average point Guard and a big hole they have been trying to fill at Center, the two most important positions. Bosh is very good but not very good at center so the heat essentially starts two power forward in Bosh and Udonis Haslem, and while Chalmers is listed as the point, Lebron James is really the ball handler running the offense

The Knicks have the second best center in the East, the best power forward in the east, and carmelo as a gifted scorer, along with Jeremy Lin proving himself as a point guard who actually works very well with Amare.........so in essense it is a better constituted team than the heat, but if everyone is supposed to give the ball to Carmelo and get out of his way for him to play one and five, it becomes as waste of every other payer's (offensive) talent on the team
                    first of all, whatever stat was, he is no more. what he is now is a constantly injured, uninsurable player who , at the present, clogs the floor and gets in the way. the only hope the Knicks have is to use him as a super sub when carmelo is off the floor.

like I said, all this stuff us moot till lebron wins a title and decides to go back to cleveland , thereby breaking up the heat.

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

i'm not regurgitating any pontifications spewed by the NYC media and it's insulting for you to tell me "to think for myself"

I don't know if I have a "brilliant mind" but I do have eyes and have watched enuf knick games to offer my own observations.

Comment

• laughed
                        • Jul 2009

urban - you have such a funny way of twisting my words around. You said Dirk plays like a guard - I said he he runs pick and roles and posts up like a center. That was it. I never said he grabs boards, blocks shots, etc. like a center. Dirk is my favorite player and i've watched pretty much every single game he has ever played. I think i know how he plays. I was also making the point that centers guard him. Which they do. Come on son. Stop twisting my words around. Yes, he shoots 3s, he's unlike any 7 footer in the league.
                        Your point was that teams don't win with bigs - my point - and only point is that DIRK IS 7 FEET TALL. Whether he shoots 3s or posts up - HE'S A BIG. Not a CENTER - but a BIG. Because he shoots 3s doesn't make him a guard. For crying out loud.

You just admitted that you wouldn't watch the Spurs if your life depended on it, well, you pretty much can't make an educated opinion in here then. I know you don't watch the Spurs because your comments are extremely ignorant.
                        You also said it's not about ratings but talent - uh, proved my point again. If it were about talent YOU WOULD watch the spurs. It IS about ratings because people like you love watching the hot dogging show boating that is okc, chris paul, heat, etc.

And like Zamb said, for you to say that Nobody needs a bench is the most birdbrained statement of all.

and don't take any of my comments personal, just sayin.

Knicks loss was not about effort or heart. it was about superior talent beating an injury decimated team. all things considered, I thought the Knicks competed well. the heat are just better and with all the knick injuries, it really shouldn't have been close....and it wasn't

The Heat are better but injuries to who? Lin? Someone who was on the verge of being cut? Baron Davis? Iman?
                        Tyson Chandler and Carmelo Anthony were perfectly healthy. And Amare was healthy for the most part - his hand was screwed up for yes, having passion - but he's the only one. Carmelo sabotaged whatever he had left.
                        IChandler didn't come close to playing with the passion he played with last year. Chandler was a shell of himself against the Heat. Do you remember the last regular season game the knicks played against the Heat? Downright pathetic. Chandler was like a ghost.
                        He was like this the entire series. He contributed nothing.
                        The knicks organization is a joke. You have 3 huge contracts guys out there - there's no excuse for the beating they took. Had nothing to do with injury to players who play weak supporting roles. Carmelo Anthony is the most overrated player in the league. He runs D'Antoni out and you have Mike Woodsen as your coach? Please. These knicks will never get it together.
                        Even with EVERYONE healthy the never had a chance because their leaders aren't leaders - they're gutless, overrated players. Carmelo Anthony took more shoots than the next 5 players on his team combined. Ridiculous. That kid put up so many bricks it was pathetic.
                        Yes, the Heat are better, but they got blownout and barely won a game.

To say that Carmelo singlehandedly won an NCAA title isn't impressive. We're talking about amateur hour anyways.
                        And first of all, that's not even close to being true. I'm beginning to wonder if some of these people commenting even watched some of these games and teams. 2 words - GERRY MCNAMURA. This dude killed it for syracuse and if it wasn't for Mcnamura they wouldn't have even won the title game. He lit it up from 3 land and helped lead that team.
                        But don't take it from me, take it from coach....

And i'm with zamb - you trade carmelo. amare was fine until carmelo arrived. He was having 40 point games and dominating. Lin was fine until Carmelo came back. D'Antoni was fine until Carmelo ran him out.
                        What has he EVER done? EVER?
                        Anyone who watches the knicks know that Amare CAN still play. HE is clearly the only one with passion, and for crying out loud. Landry Fields is an absolute joke. They'll never trade Carmelo, and probably resign woodsen. I just hope Jeremy Lin will get out of there because like i said, unless they get someone like phil jackson and trade carmelo this team is going nowhere.

and instead of me talking about the spurs - just read what zamb said. spurs are such a good team, if anyone says otherwise, they haven't watched them. this is SERIOUS basketball being played by them.

What do i care? Looking forward to a decent nuggets game tonight, I think they'll pull out the win. We'll see.

Comment

• mass
                          • Sep 2006

let's not (although it's easy to) forget about warrick...

Comment

• laughed
                            • Jul 2009

^exactly. that was a hell of a team. never understood why melo got so much credit.
                            though this guy would have to be my favorite syracuse player of all-time....

those were the days...back when they actually used to make shots in college basketball and stick around a couple years....

beginning to wonder if the lakers can finish off the thunder. bynum and gasol have been no shows the last 2 games. can't wait for game 7.

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

you don't need to get bent out of shape or to take what I said personal, you know on one on one level that I do have a lot of respect for you, and would never made any attempts to personally insult you.

however what you said id exactly the argument being postulated by guys like Stephen A. Smith, Michael Kay and a lot of these guys in the media whose pendulum seem to swing from the earth falling apart when the Knicks loose to them being the greatest show on each in one day with no level headedness in between.
                              instead of holding Carmelo accountable to playing team ball, which is necessary to win anything at all, they are promoting underutilizing every one else's talents to give him 30 shots to score 35 points a night but still lose.....

to say that Amare needs to be a super Sub, the best power forward in the Eastern Conference, and a higher percentage scorer that Carmelo is just crazy.........you need him on the court with Carmelo to keep other teams defenses honest.

you only need to look at how badly Carmelo shot in game three where Amare never played, in comparison to what happened in game 4 where even though its being promoted as Camelo saving the Knicks with 41 points, its Amare's presence, his inspiration from playing with one hand and still dropping 20 and 10 that gave the Knicks a chance

this is why the Knicks have not won anything in over 30 odd years...............too much sensationalism
                              i'm not regurgitating any pontifications spewed by the NYC media and it's insulting for you to tell me "to think for myself"

I don't know if I have a "brilliant mind" but I do have eyes and have watched enuf knick games to offer my own observations.

Comment

• endorphinz
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2009

zamb, no worries! it's all good.

I never get "bent out of shape" over anything exchanged on a net board.

as far as he Knicks go :
                                they really are a mish mash of talent and have no real identity. i'm not singing the praises of mello because I agree with much of what you said. I really do think stat is hurt and will have a hard time returning to the player he was.
                                I personally don't like lin, at least the way he played this past year. he's too frenetic, gives up his dribble, leaves his feet and passes when he's in the air with nowhere to go. and, he's a bad free throw shooter for a pg. hey, he was a scrub buried on the bench. however, with a full training camp to practice and a set team to integrate with, he may be ok

I honestly don't know what needs to done but having watched the holzman years court side, i can state that the knicks are,and have been, a travesty to msg... the mecca of basketball. the garden is a magical place when ny teams win. fuck, it's a magical place for the opposition when they win. just ask mj or reggie miller. the garden is, as it's slogan proclaims "the world's most famous arena"

nyc fans deserve better... and it will get it tomorrow nite when the rangers play game 7 (still tryin to scrounge a ticket)

and yes, dolan is clueless.

*edit* just wanted to add that bringing the "zen master" home ain't the answer.
                                Last edited by endorphinz; 05-11-2012, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎