X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Urbaninstitution View Post
    I don't usually do this but... I was wrong haha... the Spurs are legit, there is said it. after the complete domination of the Clips it is clear.. should be a great series SAS v OKC
    I can respect a man who is honest
    you gotta give it up for the old guy,
    26 and 10 with two assist and two blocks thrown in,

if he is playing as inspired as he is now

they are gonna be tough to beat........
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• laughed
      • Jul 2009

I don't usually do this but... I was wrong haha... the Spurs are legit, there is said it. after the complete domination of the Clips it is clear.. should be a great series SAS v OKC

agreed. sas okc will be awesome. i think it's pretty clear that the winner of that series will take it all. i think duncan's smarts and experience will be too much for what okc has down low. deandre jordan is no slouch and duncan was shaking him like it was nothing.
      i just can't get over how well they pass the ball. it's like everyone who plays for them is passing like magic johnson.

when kobe won those rings with shaq, it was shaq who was really the dominate one (and finals mvp throughout) - lakers have got to feed those big guys like their playoff life depends on it. sessions and blake need to play some defense, but i don't see them on their best day even coming close to stopping westbrook and harden. it should at least be a good one.

Comment

• coup de grace
        x
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laughed View Post

agreed. sas okc will be awesome. i think it's pretty clear that the winner of that series will take it all. i think duncan's smarts and experience will be too much for what okc has down low. deandre jordan is no slouch and duncan was shaking him like it was nothing.
        i just can't get over how well they pass the ball. it's like everyone who plays for them is passing like magic johnson.

when kobe won those rings with shaq, it was shaq who was really the dominate one (and finals mvp throughout) - lakers have got to feed those big guys like their playoff life depends on it. sessions and blake need to play some defense, but i don't see them on their best day even coming close to stopping westbrook and harden. it should at least be a good one.
        some really cogent analysis!

i can't even tell who you're rooting for

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by laughed View Post

The sas v OKC will be really good, and is basically for the title.. I think it will be an epic 7 gamer

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
            • Apr 2011

wow nice comeback by OKC, but the lake show def blew it down the stretch.. Steve Blake with the final shot?! Ouch...

Comment

• fncyths
              • Apr 2010

/ \

Totally! Great game to watch!
              Originally posted by Shucks
              it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
              Originally posted by interest1
              I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• laughed
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by coup de grace View Post
                some really cogent analysis!

i can't even tell who you're rooting for
                i hate both okc and the lakers with a passion so i'm not rooting for either team. just hoping for a decent series at least.
                my horse left in the race are the spurs...(mavs are my team, spurs are my runner-up team - being from texas and all....thus my hatred for okc)

wow nice comeback by OKC, but the lake show def blew it down the stretch.. Steve Blake with the final shot?! Ouch...
                ouch indeed. WTF.?!?!?!? i'm sure every laker fan in the country was livid over what happened. there is no excuse for that, none. Steve Blake was not going to hit that shot no matter how open he was. Kobe HAS to have that shot. Period. That were was plenty of time to get him the ball and get a little something going. Unbelievable.

Once again, as in the Mavs series, OKC are extremely lucky to have gotten away with that game. Costly turnovers by LA in the last few minutes, Durant was not impressive (9-15 but 4 turnovers and he just didn't stand out at all), Westbrick was not impressive, LA lost the game rather than OKC win it. Being down 2-0 is bad but I don't see LA going down without making this a series. OKC has had a couple nice victories this postseason but for the most part, I don't see them playing like a championship team, and they have more victories where they escaped or the other team blew it. Like many have said, "you live by the j, you die by the j" and i've seen the 2 big boys go cold too many times.
                James Harden was terrible. 5 turnovers, only 3 baskets?
                What stood out for me was just not being impressed with Durant again. Like Derrick Rose, I would have to put him in the category as overrated (at least for the time being), because like Derrick Rose, I don't see the huge playoff games. He hasn't really stood out like an MVP, i don't see any killer instinct. Rus is showing his true colors again, as someone who is either hot or cold and goes cold just as much as he gets hot.
                The Thunder can't knock down threes. They miss so many. I'll refrain from getting into the Spurs, but the spurs are a better shooting team - they hit major 3s in Game 1. Outside of OKCs "big three", no one else contributes on offense for the most part.

Thank God the series is going back to LA, i could barely stand watching these games with the obnoxious okc fans doing their many synchronized routines. It's like they are more interested in being super fans than being real fans who watch the game and are genuinely excited.

again, steve blake finished with 5 points, hits 1/5 from 3s and his sorry a** gets the last shot? WOW.

this guy.

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
                  • Apr 2011

^I would agree with most of your post, but check last years playoffs and drose had some huge games. But, let's be honest the bulls still don't have another guy to go too consistently.. Its d rose or nothing (just a bunch of journeymen).. I would say no player means more to his team than him, I mean look what appenrd against Philadelphia ..

Comment

• laughed
                    • Jul 2009

He misses too many shots (he needs to develop his jump shot).
                    Last year against the Heat in his 2 best games he was -
                    10 for 22 in Game 1 and
                    8 for 19 in Game 3
                    those aren't great numbers, but in contrast his worst games...
                    Game 2 - 7 for 23
                    Game 4 - 8 for 27
                    Game 5 - 9 for 29 (2 for 8 from 3)
                    Those are DREADFUL numbers.
                    He missed the game-tying free throw with 25 seconds left - had two turnovers in the last two minutes. missed multiple shots in the last few minutes.
                    And this is the year he was named the MVP. He is not an MVP.
                    The Bulls made the playoffs without DRose this year - he missed almost half the season. They were winning. They lost because John Lucas didn't get the start, who pretty much played better than Rose did all season when he took over for the Bulls.

Now, I will give you that the Bulls still suck and that doesn't help. Carlos Boozer is the worst defender in the entire league and he's up there with being one of the worst shooters. Korver is worthless and Noah isn't exactly Dikembe Mutombo. Deng is no slouch though....

I like the Bulls as a franchise (MJ, Scottie) - but Rose is as fragile as a china doll and I have a feeling that sadly, his best days are behind him.
                    I like DRose - I just want to see him get better. He without a doubt is the most explosive player when driving to the basket (even more than BronBron, Westbrook and Parker) - but he needs a J. And he should change his name to Errick Rose, because he has no D.

Anyway, it just bothers me when people get the MVP when they don't deserve it. Or when someone is named the MVP and they don't lead their team to the Finals. I think it should be named after the season. For example, I think Tony Parker should have gotten the MVP this year. If they beat OKC, they'll eventually win the title, and Parker will have played probably the biggest part in that. He should win.
                    Hey, if OKC wins, give it to Durant or Westbrick. But stuff like giving LeBron the MVP over in over when he chokes in the playoffs and only has 3 quarters in him - it's getting ridiculous.

Look at what Dirk did last year in the playoffs - he DOMINATED.
                    He missed 2 free throws the entire playoffs!
                    He DOMINATED the Thunder - a 48 point game where he ate every player alive for breakfast, a 40 point game, 29 point game, etc.
                    Brought the Mavs back from 18 down very late in the 3rd.
                    Against the Heat, he was dropping about 30 every night, and had the game winning shot MULTIPLE times.
                    That's an MVP baby!!! That was one of the most dominant playoff performances of all-time.

THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO SEE!!! Where are the dominant performances this year? Where are the 40 point games? There's been plenty of opportunities for these "great" players to hit game winners...but they are missing them.

Hopefully we'll get one of those tonight from The French Prince or The Big Fundamental! (doubtful because they share the ball too much, but would be nice at least)

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
                      • Apr 2011

"They lost because John Lucas didn't get the start, who pretty much played better than Rose did all season when he took over for the Bulls."

this is just a ridiculous comment... please tell me you are not serious... he totally deserved the MVP when he won it, he was a one man show and they won more games by far than anyone in the league..

Comment

• laughed
                        • Jul 2009

this is just a ridiculous comment... please tell me you are not serious... he totally deserved the MVP when he won it...
                        oh boy...here we go again.
                        Lucas took over the Bulls and played lights out while Rose was out. When Rose came back - they lost. Maybe you missed the game where Coach Thibs benched Derrick Rose in the 4th and all of overtime in favor of John Lucas (because Rose was busy hitting 3 shots the entire game) -
                        Am I saying John Lucas is better than Derrick Rose? No. I said John Lucas CARRIED this team into the playoffs while Rose was out. Which is true. I said if Lucas would have started they would have at least made a series of the 76ers series. Just do a Google Search for John Lucas and learn a little -
                        If that's a ridiculous comment then I guess about 1000 stories written about the guy are ridiculous too
                        This just can't be debated.....uh......this actually happened.

as far as Rose winning MVP, the stats speak for themselves. He was terrible in the final round of the playoffs. End of story.

and they won more games by far than anyone in the league..
                        they won 1 more game than the spurs. Come on guy. Really.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                          • Jan 2011

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh indiana outrebounded the heat by 16

Comment

• laughed
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                            ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh indiana outrebounded the heat by 16
                            before the game i thought
                            "indiana will definitely win game 3 but lose the series"
                            after the game i think
                            "indiana won game 3...could win series!"

2 more games in indy, heat are terrible on the road, so indy just needs to split a game here and steal one there (miami). hey, it could happen.
                            wade was a never ending mess, the team as a whole is one dimensional.

end of first quarter spurs/lac....this game is over.

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

as I have said before and I say again

the heat has the best player and probably two top ten players in the league, but they are a flawed team, a very flawed one.

they have no true point guard, they have no real center to speak of, and Bosh was their front court.
                              the Heat wins because Wade and Lebron are indeed great players, and the two a exceptional rebounders for the positions they play, but the truth is Bosh is even more valuable to this team than Wade is........ I am not saying he is a better player, because he isn't, but his rebounding and high percentage shots cannot be replaced by a guard.
                              For the Heat to have a chance of winning, Mike Miller has got to find something and play heavy minutes at the three, because LeBron is gonna have to be the power forward from here on out. He is big enough and strong enough to do it, but the problem is, playing PF, he cannot be the ball handler that he is at the SF position, thus the need for a legit point guard.

The Heat can still beat indiana, but good luck against Pierce, Bass and Garnett at center without Bosh.
                              Garnett as old as he is is too good a matchup for anything the Heat can throw at him upfront. If Bosh doesn't get healthy I don't see the heat beating Boston to get to the finals.......

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Here comes the Spurs rain..........to end the game early

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎