Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laughed
    • Jul 2009

i didn't think chris paul could have a more awful game than game 1....boy was i wrong. 5 points....SEVEN turnovers...and counting.
    i actually feel kinda sorry for him. he's getting shut down big time.

like the mavs team of last year, the spurs just have so many weapons. bang....bang....bang.....they just keep knocking down shots.

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by laughed View Post
      i didn't think chris paul could have a more awful game than game 1....boy was i wrong. 5 points....SEVEN turnovers...and counting.
      i actually feel kinda sorry for him. he's getting shut down big time.

like the mavs team of last year, the spurs just have so many weapons. bang....bang....bang.....they just keep knocking down shots.
      Cp3 has been awful to put it lightly.. 16 pts, 13 to's?! Wow, just terrible.. Clips have less than zero chance if cp3 doesn't have a huge game...

Comment

• laughed
        • Jul 2009

boy, i'm glad i'm not a clippers fan (if there are any real clippers fans)...
        what an absolute dagger by the spurs today.

kobe's gonna need to shoot a lot better than he has been for them to win. bynum and gasol really haven't helped much. everyone is picking okc for tonight's game but i think l.a. will pull it out again and make it a series. they haven't really played a good game yet, so they're due for one.

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
          • Apr 2011

boy, i'm glad i'm not a clippers fan (if there are any real clippers fans)...
          what an absolute dagger by the spurs today.

kobe's gonna need to shoot a lot better than he has been for them to win. bynum and gasol really haven't helped much. everyone is picking okc for tonight's game but i think l.a. will pull it out again and make it a series. they haven't really played a good game yet, so they're due for one.
          There are def real clippers fans, it's just hard to decifer between the new regime or fair weather.. That was a clinic I must say..

Comment

• laughed
            • Jul 2009

well, lakers are done. kobe is done. terrible 4th quarter by kobe, as usual. this guy bricks more shots than anyone in the league.
            terrible decision making by kobe on multiple plays...again.
            and okc didn't win this one, l.a. lost it....again.
            they got away from their game plan and kept giving the ball to kobe to brick shots instead of going inside, where it was working the entire first half.

lakers really screwed up this year by getting rid of lamar (even though he's worthless and cares more about being the next p.diddy (his words not mine) ) and getting rid of fisher (even though he's old)...
            sessions and blake are average at best. they have ZERO D.

okc spurs will give me what i've wanted all along....thank you nba.
            the joy of seeing the most hyped team in the western conference, if not the league, be exposed for what they truly are, by a true championship team. i can't wait.

would love to see the heat go out this round.

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
              • Apr 2011

^you seem to refuse to give OKC any credit...they won it as much as la lost it..

Comment

• laughed
                • Jul 2009

You said OKC is the team to beat for the next 5-6 years.
                You want me to give them that much ludicrous credit? lol

Until they win a title or beat the best team they don't deserve high praise. They've only proved to be the second best team in the western conference all year. No more, no less.

The Spurs have been the best team in the league all year. OKC has been in the top 3. Congratulations OKC. I'm not jumping on OKC's bandwagon if that's what you want me to do.

Who have they beaten and how? It's pretty simple.
                They beat a Mavs team that wasn't even close to being the same team they were last year. They lost FIVE key players, yes, FIVE.
                They squeaked by them in 2 games. Mavs were a 7 seed.
                Not impressive.

They've gone up 3-1 on a Lakers team that was swept last year and dealt away 2 of their key players and what some call the greatest coach of all-time. In 2 wins the Lakers turnovers and bad shooting ruined the game for them - games the Lakers SHOULD HAVE won.

Is OKC good? Yes.
                Am I going to say something stupid like say they are the best team in the league by far and will be a dynasty? Of course not.
                OKC is a product of the NBA. A Hype machine. You said yourself you would never watch the Spurs...why? Same reason everyone else doesn't watch them. Because "they're old". Not flashy enough, no young superstars, etc. And what have i heard all year? OKC and the Heat are the greatest teams, etc. etc.
                And what have the Spurs done? They've won 32 of 34 games and stomped the living crap out of every team they've played.
                Why in the hell would I give OKC credit when they haven't even come close to do what the Spurs have done?
                OKC will be another loser, just like everyone else. I don't care about 2nd best or 3rd best. LOSERS don't get credit. Until OKC beats the Spurs, they're no better than they were last year. 2nd best in the Western Conference. PERIOD.

Comment

• laughed
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Urbaninstitution View Post
                  Let's not get overexcited about the spurs winning the west.. And not sure how you can say Parker is playing like the best pg, when cp3 is basically single handedly winning games for the clips..
                  chris paul...terrible series. game 4 he single-handedly lost the game for the clippers. (siighhhhh) couldn't even help his team to win a single game.

tony parker...has led his team to two dominate sweeps in the playoffs. NICE.

you should just start agreeing with me. for your own sake.

Last edited by laughed; 05-21-2012, 12:28 AM. Reason: sweep

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Boy you guys are bigger trash talkers than the NBA players themselves.

Parker played better in this series and his team swept the Clippers, there is no match between the clippers and the Spurs...........truth be told, barring an injury to a signignificnt player, which I hope dont happen, I dont see anyone beating San Antonio four of seven this year. I dont even see them playing a seven game series against any team, inlcuding OKC.

Chris Paul is the best PG in the league, with Rondo being second, but Paul is injured, and even if he was fully healthy he may have had a great series but there is just no way to slow Parker...........
                    Parker has never been the outside shooting, perimeter PG, he is a PG that gets into the paint, right now the Spurs have too many weapons, are too balanced and just too versatile for any team to beat.

Basically San Antonio is running three kinds of offense in a single game and there is no way of knowing at what point in the game what sets are going to be run as the offence is adjusted based on who is in the game and and what kind of defensive Scheme the opponents are trying to use.........

The addition of Boris Diaw has also been deadly, because now there are about six players on the team through which the offense can be run.

you can go through Ginobili and Parker in the backcourt of you can go through the Post in Diaw and Duncan, you can go through Stephen Jackson when is is on the court or through Patty Mills who isnt even playing a lot............

With the Lakers looking like they are going home I dont see OKC beating the Spurs,
                    I think the Lakers with the big frontline would have had a better chance against the Spurs,
                    but Serge Ibaka and Kendrick Perkins are not gonna be able to handle the versatility of the Spurs frontline, and they dont score enough to make the Spurs work defensively up front.
                    Ibaka will not be able to contain Duncan, and Perkins will have a hard time handling the range of Diaw's game.

The only advantage I see the Thunder having is in Durant and that's only if he is efficient from long range as he is too tall and too good for any of the Spurs wing defenders.........I see Captain Jack getting a lot of minutes on him, as Leonard might draw the defensive assignment of slowing either harden or Westbrook..............it will be an interesting series, but my pick is Spurs in five or six
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
                      • Apr 2011

^Zamb, "Chris Paul is the best PG in the league, with Rondo being second, but Paul is injured" agree.. as tony had a good series, it was again the total team effort of the spurs, but t. park is def a handful no doubt.. i say it goes 7 sas v okc.. should finally get a series to rival the suspense of the clips v mem..

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
                        • Apr 2011

chris paul...terrible series. game 4 he single-handedly lost the game for the clippers. (siighhhhh) couldn't even help his team to win a single game.

tony parker...has led his team to two dominate sweeps in the playoffs. NICE.

you should just start agreeing with me. for your own sake.

well i find it hard to believe you can even root for the spurs if you really are a mavs fan.. thats like me (a packer fan) rooting for the vikings.. NEVER... but, ill give it to you parker and the spurs def put on a clinic to raise even my eyebrows.. I must admit, I cant TOTALLY hate the spurs as a UNC grad, as Danny Green is bleeding tar heel blue as well..

Comment

• laughed
                          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                          Boy you guys are bigger trash talkers than the NBA players themselves.
                          i wish the kid would just leave me alone!

i don't want to get deep in the pg argument. i like chris paul, but rondo can't shoot worth a damn. mo williams came in and really kept the clippers in the games against the grizzlies (which i'm sure urban will dispute because he didn't actually watch the games, but whatever, it's true)...

i would still take deron williams over chris paul ANY DAY. come on main!

i'll save my thunder spurs talk for when it happens....really hoping Kobe will back his big mouth up and make some shots tonight and show up in the 4th. For once, I'll be rooting him. So sick of him calling out his teammates when he is going 0-for in the last few minutes of the game.

But like you, OKC will be lucky to get more than one game against the Spurs. They are playing near perfect basketball.

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

So laughed,
                            you believe that Deron Williams is a better PG than Chris Paul?

If Deron was a great PG, then the New Jersey Nets should have had a better record than they did,
                            Paul is a master if controlling the tempo of the game and playing it to his teams advantage. the Spurs won and rightfully so (indeed I am happy as a die hard Spurs fan) but I doubt they would have swept this series if Chris Paul was healthy

Listen, Rondo is not the best shooter, but he is better than the pundits give him credit for, and the guy reminds me of a slimmer, darker Jason Kidd in the way he controls the game and elevate the play of everyone around him......he is also an exceptional rebounder fro his position, and that matters alot.
                            as if you have a PG who can rebound and start the offense right away, you will always have a very competitive team as it means easy baskets.......

you cannot use a players weakness to judge how good he is, you have to look at the players game comprehensively.
                            Duncan is a terrible free throw shooter, but there is no question that he had been the best player to have come along since Jordan left the league........and that includes Kobe and lebron
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
                              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                              So laughed,
                              you believe that Deron Williams is a better PG than Chris Paul?

If Deron was a great PG, then the New Jersey Nets should have had a better record than they did,
                              Paul is a master if controlling the tempo of the game and playing it to his teams advantage. the Spurs won and rightfully so (indeed I am happy as a die hard Spurs fan) but I doubt they would have swept this series if Chris Paul was healthy

Listen, Rondo is not the best shooter, but he is better than the pundits give him credit for, and the guy reminds me of a slimmer, darker Jason Kidd in the way he controls the game and elevate the play of everyone around him......he is also an exceptional rebounder fro his position, and that matters alot.
                              as if you have a PG who can rebound and start the offense right away, you will always have a very competitive team as it means easy baskets.......

you cannot use a players weakness to judge how good he is, you have to look at the players game comprehensively.
                              Duncan is a terrible free throw shooter, but there is no question that he had been the best player to have come along since Jordan left the league........and that includes Kobe and lebron
                              Well said zamb, well said

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
                                • Apr 2011

i wish the kid would just leave me alone!

i don't want to get deep in the pg argument. i like chris paul, but rondo can't shoot worth a damn. mo williams came in and really kept the clippers in the games against the grizzlies (which i'm sure urban will dispute because he didn't actually watch the games, but whatever, it's true)...

i would still take deron williams over chris paul ANY DAY. come on main!

i'll save my thunder spurs talk for when it happens....really hoping Kobe will back his big mouth up and make some shots tonight and show up in the 4th. For once, I'll be rooting him. So sick of him calling out his teammates when he is going 0-for in the last few minutIes of the game.

But like you, OKC will be lucky to get more than one game against the Spurs. They are playing near perfect basketball.
                                I watched every game, and your contentions are ludacris.. I'm speechless, first john lucas is better than rose, n now mo Williams won all 4 games for the clips... I would leave you alone if you had any pertinent info/stats, not just randomly rambling nonsense...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎