Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

ended up going to Stonehome in Brooklyn on a whim. Expensive wine bar with "great food."

Do not go. The wine is not overpriced, but completely generic plonk on all the tasting flights, and the food so amazingly oversalted that my companion got sick.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Theetruscan, you should go to Centro Vinoteca as recommended by laika and xadam. It's awesome.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• raddy
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
        isn't the Alinea book sick?!
        YES. Just got mine today.

I need to go back and do the tour instead.

Was back at Avenues and Tru last week. Avenues was awesome, Tru somewhat disappointing again -- I haven't really been impressed by it yet, though the place is gorgeous.
        Looking for CCP Rain in 50, IS/MA+ loose trousers (IS S/S10!!)

Comment

• Diego
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
          isn't the Alinea book sick?!
          I love it, you ordered one more right A?. I decided to pre-order the fat duck book for 160usd.

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

I want the fat duck book... but with the Alinea book and French Laundry, I've got my hands full already :)

I did order another one through Amazon like you had suggested earlier (saved some bucks!). The Alinea edition came with the cardboard sleeve which is really nice. The "regular" issued version does not but is otherwise completely identical. I just don't feel as bad getting this one covered in methylcellulose ;)
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I HATE having bad food, especially for lunch. It makes me want to get something else good, to forget the bad taste, which is not healthy. Fuck. Maybe I'll just have a coffee and a biscotti.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• swami
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                I HATE having bad food, especially for lunch. It makes me want to get something else good, to forget the bad taste, which is not healthy. Fuck. Maybe I'll just have a coffee and a biscotti.
                I know what you mean ...Even though i rarely do it..got some mid-town chinese takeout...too much sodium,grease,skin on the meat Threw it out and trated myself to a lion bar...yummmm

Comment

• therapysessions
                  • Jul 2007

I'm a huge huge foodie. I think its natural for designers to like cooking. I don't think I've met a designer in my circles that isn't good in the kitchen, I think it comes with creating things. In any case, I'm usually too busy to cook now that I'm working like a madman, but every sunday I cook a meal for my gf and I and blog about it.

I did miss the last two sundays but am going to make up for it soon, but if anyones interested in what I've made so far check it out.

The blog tag is Sunday Gourmet

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

momofuku milk bar
                    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• kompressorkev
                      • Dec 2006

i have to make it out to new york...

re: momofuku bakery/milk bar, nice find ^. kimchi foccacia, miso cornbread? sounds intriguing.

anyways, how about LA - favorite sushi? i haven't been to Urasawa; while i'd love to, i'm not at the point where i can justify spending that much on one meal yet. i think Sushi Zo is very, very good, and Sushi Sushi is very traditional and very good as well. i'm looking for something not as expensive as Urasawa, but am hoping i can add some others to the list besides Zo and Sushi Sushi. when i go to Sushi Sushi, i wear Volga Volga, but that's besides the matter. any rec's for sushi in LA?

Comment

• maldoror
                        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                        grabbed a pork and egg bun + grapefruit softserve this morning, both solid, neither mind blowing. there was about a 10-15 minute wait, which could be as likely attributed to newness as a sign of things to come.

ate at l'atelier de joel robuchon on saturday with chef robuchon in house as promised, as well as philippe braun from laurent, which was a pleasant surprise. chef braun was maybe a little bit drunk, definitely having a great time. mr. robuchon divided his time equally between the kitchen and the dining room (more or less the same space) and happily talked with anyone interested. the meal was excellent through and through, but one dish in particular stands out as easily (and by a large margin) the best thing I've eaten in recent memory: sea urchin with earl grey infused carrot mousseline, beef broth gelée, and osetra caviar.

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

This sounds fun--I would so love to meet Ruhlman('s hair).

Under Pressure: An Evening with Thomas Keller
                          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

it's 1;40 in the morning and nothing on this island is open. guess i'll have to walk over to 7-11 for some cheap microwaveable curry

had one the other night (morning), surprisingly good and filling. Better than some tea restaurants out there who serve the same thing for triple the $.

these days in general , even if looking for a decent meal, i really find myself avoiding places that are either high-end brand names or marketed as such. Really into the more simple stuff, street stalls, etc.

think the only expensive restaurant in HK i still have a fondness for is Ginza, but that's been a constant since my childhood.
                            www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• reborn
                              • Aug 2008

I had an amazing lentil and tasso ham soup last night at Icarus in Boston. Awesome!
                              It was spicey, hardy and elegant at the same time.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                                • Nov 2007

speaking of cookbooks my friend just published this:

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎