X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I once talked to the owner of Riccardi's, and he told me he brings all the shit because that's what sells and then on top of that a little bit of what he genuinely likes (CDG, Junya, etc.). Take it for what it's worth...
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

No worries Real Real. The De Haro's get angulas every so often so theres no real guarantee at any point. I've actually not eaten them there myself but they were one of the unwritten specials (you have to actually ask the server. otherwise they won't even tell you about specials. Usually the specials are items they honestly have a very small amount of... something actually special be they baby clams or something else). No matter what, I'm quite certain you'll enjoy Taberna.

Riccardi is eurotrash hell for the most part... although according to the web-time-capsule search engine they used to carry CCP! They also used to carry Helmut as well.

They do take risks in terms of some of the pieces they carry. You'll not see some of the CDG and especially crazy Junya anywhere else really like Faust said, but in terms of actual stuff that you'll enjoy browsing and wearing, you should just cart yourself over to the good folks at Bilzerian.

*edit*

looks like Taberna has a website now: http://www.tabernaboston.com/index.html
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• reborn
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I once talked to the owner of Riccardi's, and he told me he brings all the shit because that's what sells and then on top of that a little bit of what he genuinely likes (CDG, Junya, etc.). Take it for what it's worth...
        the owner is super cool...so is the cashier (I cannot remember her name).

And, Tealuxe is at the corner (a couple of stores down). I recommend the Irish Creme tea and if you ever have a sour throat the Throat Tender is the best remedy (it has cardamom for soothing and clearing nasal passages, cherry bark to suppress coughing, slippery elm to coat the throat and clove to numb that pain). No joke, I live on that tea when I am sick...also love having breakfast or tea and crumpets with devonshire cream there.

Comment

• Raw Edge
          • Jan 2008

To add another Bostonian to the mix:
          East Coast Grill is good, at least by Boston standards.
          Legal seafood has become a bit overrated but is still solid.
          Daily catch is real nice, although I'm biased towards it as its my friend's place.

Sushi- uni in back bay is real good but obviously ricic expensive.

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

Grant is on topchef right now. They are making soup.
            ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• kira
              • Mar 2008

So trying to go out to dinner to a new place in my new hood once a week and I went to Al Di La. Yummy!!!!! I took a friend there to say thank you for helping me. We shared a homemade potato gnocchi with a pork ragout and creamed goat cheese. They had the tripe appetizer and the rabbit with polenta and I had the hanger steak with arugula and a side of roasted brussels sprouts. I will definitely go back there (its right around the corner). It was packed and they dont take reservations. Incredibly yummy and reasonably priced.
              Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

How long did you have to wait? I really want to go back - haven't been there in ages.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  How long did you have to wait? I really want to go back - haven't been there in ages.
                  no wait. went around 645 and they had two tables left.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kira View Post
                    no wait. went around 645 and they had two tables left.
                    They had TWO tables set aside for you?! You ARE a ballerina!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

So trying to go out to dinner to a new place in my new hood once a week and I went to Al Di La. Yummy!!!!! I took a friend there to say thank you for helping me. We shared a homemade potato gnocchi with a pork ragout and creamed goat cheese. They had the tripe appetizer and the rabbit with polenta and I had the hanger steak with arugula and a side of roasted brussels sprouts. I will definitely go back there (its right around the corner). It was packed and they dont take reservations. Incredibly yummy and reasonably priced.
                      dammit, I can't read all this and not salivate. Killin me Kira!

Sounds like a lovely place.
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kira
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                        dammit, I can't read all this and not salivate. Killin me Kira!

Sounds like a lovely place.
                        My favorite thing is when you can go get food that is simple, but something so tasty that you think about it the next day. I have had some crazy extravagant meals in my life, fortunately. But I do so appreciate being able to just order something homemade and simple, to allow the natural flavors to come out, pairings that enhance those flavors and have it be sooooo incredibly tasty that you want to lick the plate clean... That is my test of a good meal/chef. If I want to lick the plate then it was a good meal.

That gnocchi was so light and melted in my mouth...yum.
                        Last edited by kira; 12-06-2008, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

My favorite thing is when you can go get food that is simple, but something so tasty that you think about it the next day. I have had some crazy extravagant meals in my life, fortunately. But I do so appreciate being able to just order something homemade and simple, to allow the natural flavors to come out, pairings that inhance those flavors and have it be sooooo incredibly tasty that you want to lick the plate clean... That is my test of a good meal/chef. If I want to lick the plate then it was a good meal.

That gnocchi was so light and melted in my mouth...yum.
                          this reminded me; when I was in nyc I went to little owl as it was suggested by several people, and it was indeed excellent. just the type of simple, super tasty and well made food, no uneccesary quirks.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Made reservations at 11 Madison Park for my bday next week. woot!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                              this reminded me; when I was in nyc I went to little owl as it was suggested by several people, and it was indeed excellent. just the type of simple, super tasty and well made food, no uneccesary quirks.
                              Just got snowed in in Portland, Oregon for a week (airport shuts at a hint of snow), and this is really what they do best. They're a budding foodie town, and their experimental foods are just not good yet, but their "brilliant basics" or whatever you want to call them, are heavenly and cheap.

Also, I just made the tastiest black-truffle eggs, mmmmm.

Albert, plans for immersion circulator and anti-griddle were put on hold, but they will be resumed beginning of January. Still shooting for $200 maximum for each, and thinking I'll hit it.
                              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• reborn
                                • Aug 2008

Fire destroys 7 shops in Fenway

This may not be the best place, but I thought I would share...

"A four-alarm fire tore through a block of shops early this morning near Fenway Park, destroying six restaurants and a dry cleaner as it caused an estimated $5 million in damage...The restaurants destroyed by the blaze include Thornton's Fenway Grille, El Pelon Taqueria, Greek Isles Restaurant, Rod-Dee Thai Cuisine II Fenway, Umi Japanese Restaurant, and Sorento's Italian Gourmet. The fire also inflicted minor damage on a two-story garage behind the row of shops, MacDonald said."

El Pelon and Rod-Dee are 2 of the best cheap eats in Boston...this is very sad.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎