X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinoy
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
    Let me know how you like Mozza. like I mentioned we were a bit underwhelmed to be honest, it was good but not great
    have you been to pizzeria mozza? pretty incredible in my book. im hesitant to say the best pizza ive ever had, but it comes pretty damn close

nancy silverton + mario batali = amazing.

if u haven't been, i'd recommend the bianca pizza with three cheeses n sage. life changing, really. :D and if you're feeling like clogging up your arteries even more, try the bone marrow app, the chicken liver crostini, the guanciale & egg pizza, and finish it off with a butterscotch budino. :D

Comment

• DHC
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
      Let me know how you like Mozza. like I mentioned we were a bit underwhelmed to be honest, it was good but not great
      I went with my wife and a friend and we all enjoyed it very much. We literally ordered half the menu (not exaggerating), and I thoroughly enjoyed every selection (with the exception of the trotter). We also tried enough of the dessert menu to know that nothing noteworthy is offered there (just pass on desert). Our sommelier did a beautiful job pairing and the mixologist was one deserving of the title. Man, that was a night of excess in full glory and one that I won't soon forget. A thumbs up from me.
      Last edited by DHC; 01-08-2009, 04:23 AM.
      Originally posted by Faust
      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by danieldy View Post
        have you been to pizzeria mozza? pretty incredible in my book. im hesitant to say the best pizza ive ever had, but it comes pretty damn close

nancy silverton + mario batali = amazing.

if u haven't been, i'd recommend the bianca pizza with three cheeses n sage. life changing, really. :D and if you're feeling like clogging up your arteries even more, try the bone marrow app, the chicken liver crostini, the guanciale & egg pizza, and finish it off with a butterscotch budino. :D
        def' hitting it up soon. Very reasonably priced if the food is at the same level as Osteria. Marrow? Sold!

Sartorialoft

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by DHC View Post
          I went with my wife and a friend and we all enjoyed it very much. We literally ordered half the menu (not exaggerating), and I thoroughly enjoyed every selection (with the exception of the trotter). We also tried enough of the dessert menu to know that nothing noteworthy is offered there (just pass on desert). Our sommelier did a beautiful job pairing and the mixologist was one deserving of the title. Man, that was a night of excess in full glory and one that I won't soon forget. A thumbs up from me.
          ah, glad you had better luck than us, guess we were just unlucky with our selections. I had the beef tagliata which was literally soaked in balsamico to such an extent that the only thing you could taste was vinegar - just poorly executed
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• DHC
            • Jul 2007

/\Oh, you had the beef tagliata? That's actually one of the few dishes that we didn't order. I typically don't do beef dishes where an acid is featured, so our secondi beef choices were the brasato and lamb. The highlight of that course was the orata for me. Next time your in town we should hit up Animal.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• kompressorkev
              • Dec 2006

I like Pizzeria Mozza better than the Osteria. The Osteria is great for the pastas (the pasta tasting menu is great to split), but the main courses at Osteria weren't as worthy of the praise that the Pizzeria garners. The Osteria in my experience has good main courses, excellent pastas, while the Pizzeria just "wowed" all-around.

For LA, what do you guys do for good steak? I went to CUT and it was good, but not quite as good as i had expected. A restaurant called SUR (i ate at it a few years ago but it seems like it's changed, at least in its decoration) had an awesome ribeye steak, that so far is one of my favorites (but it's not a steakhouse). Still looking for an awesome steakhouse.

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

I guess the Osteria experience is better when the gm is a friend of someone at the table. I'm really looking forward to Pizzeria Mozza. Any place that serves up marrow gets points from me.

I'm a fan of Mastro's for steak, but go to the BH location if you haven't yet, as they set the bar for the chain. They have a great ribeye there as well.
                Last edited by DHC; 01-08-2009, 10:52 PM.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• rlschwart
                  • Jan 2009

I'd highly recommend the clam pizza at Mozza. I'm typically not a seafood on pizza fan, but they use fresh littlenecks.

Comment

• Real Real
                    • Feb 2007

Going to drive up to Montreal next weekend. I'm planning on going to Au Pied de Cochon - anyone have any food/bar recommendations?

Comment

• theetruscan
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Real Real View Post
                      Going to drive up to Montreal next weekend. I'm planning on going to Au Pied de Cochon - anyone have any food/bar recommendations?
                      Haven't been in Montreal in years, but there's a lot of good food. Strangely one of the best Jewish delis I've ever seen.
                      World Famous Original Smoked Meat! Over 90 years of tradition - a Montreal Classic. A true Montreal landmark situated on the historic "Main".
                      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Not that strange - Montreal had (has?) a big Jewish population. Lots emigrated there during the Russian revolution. Where do you think Leonard Cohen gets his genius and bagels from (wink, wink).
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• grapz
                          • Sep 2008

Anyone know any good quality restaurants in Toronto?

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

Got back from WD50 tonight and thought it was all great. We were the only ones in the place for at least 75% of our dinner and the service was impeccable.

Tried the corned duck, eggs benedict, and octopus appetizers. Then for main; Had the tilefish, pork ribs (amazing!), and skirt steak (the peanut butter pasta is PB overload, in a good way). Then dessert was the hazelnut tart and jasmine custard/banana. Then we received a nice complimentary pistachio tart and a chocolate covered ice cream ball with cookie inside (tasted like an oreo).
                            I'm not the biggest foodie but I was pleased with everything I had. The service was great as was the ambiance.
                            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• DHC
                              • Jul 2007

the eggs benedict..mmmm...

Sartorialoft

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                                • Jan 2008

In my time in home making smoothies, I thought
                                I wanted to share what makes and breaks a
                                Strawberry/banana smoothie, a very important
                                ingredient. For some reason it's grapes, you will
                                taste a wonderful different, when they are added!

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                                Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍