Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jumpoff
    • Jan 2008

I like your pics MoFiya. Everything looks delicious.

Comment

• MoFiya
      • Sep 2007

Did anybody see Heston Blumenthals "In Search of Perfection" yet?
      I love those shoes... simple meals in perfection.
      I remember his spaghetti bolognese cooking for 24hrs or so.

But Blumenthals restaurant was just closed, due to some costumers having problems with the dishes (maybe because everything was cooked just too slow... think about chicken an salmons and stuff - I guess they prefer those temperatures and dont die)
      I have dreams of orca whales and owls
      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• MoFiya
        • Sep 2007

Nice to hear...
        When I visit GB next time he's on top of my list...
        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• MoFiya
          • Sep 2007

Back from Barcelona trip...
          Some impressions:

HIGHLY recommended: Commerc 24, big tasting menu for only 80 Euros.

codfish with pine-nut jus and spinach served along with

codfish purree and artichoke ice-cream

sirloin with roses and berries

me facing the dessert
          (on picture: mandarin-passion-mint, mesli-yoghurt-passion, nougat with tuille cigar chocolate and coffee
          not pictured: sablé with pineapple and meringue, bread oil chocolate and salt, black sesame oreo with vanilla)

The bouqueria market had awesome fresh fish! I loved the tapas, too (altough me as a runner is now looking forward to some carbohydrates :D)

Carme Ruscadella - a restaurant an hour away from Barcelona... Got three michelin stars, I was a bit disappointed to be honest. Had rather spend the money on some tapas / commerc 24. Nice to look anyway:

Foie Gras, Banyuls, Apple, Pistachios

"Spring Ikebana" - flowers, strawberries, vinegar, pear, cherry tree leaf
          Last edited by MoFiya; 03-21-2009, 11:21 AM.
          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• MoFiya
            • Sep 2007

Since nobody is replying... should I post more pictures of recently cooked meals? :-X
            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• MoFiya
              • Sep 2007

Well, it was my first time travelling to Barcelona - my parents been there before twice and visited Madama Ruscadella also twice :D
              They told me back then it was way better - so maybe I just got her on a bad day.

However, meals were not well-thought-out or flavoured.
              If you take, for example, the first pic I posted (the foie gras and banyuls). You had the foie which was rather decent (which I, personally, like - liver doesnt always have to taste so much In-Yo-Face!) but in addition, the banyuls (spherized under the foam) was MUCH to intense and overflavored everything else.

Also, the dessert Ikebana... the vinegar was too intense and the whole mash-up didn't taste very sophisticated.

And for the cheese dish (click4pic) I have to say, that cheese and topping didn't always collaborate very much (IMO, the topping has to add or underline the flavors of cheese). This was only given for the first and the cheese before the last (fourme dambert & baked strawberries)...

Overall... it wasn't really bad at all BUT for a 3-star restaurant I expect more well-according and flavored meals.
              Would recommend spend the money on Carlos Abellan @ Commerc 24.... 60 Euros cheaper, 2 stars less and better :)
              Or to some of the great tapas bars in Barcelona. Even cheaper, even less stars and more money left to spend on intense expensive clothes :D

It was my dad's birthday today. Mum and I prepared a simple, yet tasty menu. If interested I could post pics.
              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Avantster
                ¤¤¤
                • Sep 2006

Keep posting, MoFiya I'm enjoying them, but do post the actual pictures like you previously did instead of the link :-)
                let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• MoFiya
                  • Sep 2007

Consommé Double with semolina dumpling

French Chick with homemade pasta and herbs-chicken-jus

xocolat cake with blood-orange-sorbet

That was the small menu we had yesterday for my dad's birthday... Rather simple, as already mentioned. Just had another two pieces of the cake :P still tasty
                  But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

Looks great!

Damn, those semolina dumplings remind me of a dish I made the other day, I should have taken pics. It was a quenelle of ocean prawns, light and fluffy served with a rich stock of prawns & snapper, blanketed with velouté and topped with gruyère, lightly grilled until golden brown.
                    OK yeah, I'm just jonesing for Tour d'Argent.

Edit: here's a pic (not mine)

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• MoFiya
                      • Sep 2007

Gilthead with carot-ginger-vegetebles, umami-chips and couscous

homemade vanilla ice cream (with one hull of tahiti vanilla)

We just had our easter lunch...
                      The main dish was adapted from a molecular cookbook. Once again, this was very interesting (yet also tasty).
                      The umami chips are composed of flour, soy sauce (1:1) and only little water and olive oil. Dried in the oven...
                      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• munch
                        • Aug 2008

the carrots actually looked like some kind of red wine sauce, which made my mouth water.. but it kind of dried up when I realized they were carrots. still looks good though!

Comment

• crz
                          • Apr 2008

any recommendations for cookbooks?? i need to get my cook on!

Comment

• theetruscan
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by crz View Post
                            any recommendations for cookbooks?? i need to get my cook on!
                            I've been flipping through Ratio and On Food and Cooking lately. Neither is truly a cookbook, but both are fantastic.

I've had good luck making things from Think Like a Chef by Colicchio, Simple to Spectacular by Vongerichten and Bittman, and of course How to Cook Everything and the Joy of Cooking.

Bittman's Minimalist column in the NYTimes consistently covers easy to make and tasty recipes.
                            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• MoFiya
                              • Sep 2007

Had some oriental summer dishes today.
                              Pictures are due to sunny day a bit shitty.

Roasted-paprika-rucola salad, Guacamole, some filo rolles filled with feta spice & vegetables, fennel salad

Homemade vanilla icecream (once more.. just cant get enough of this tahiti stuff) with strawberries & mint (not so oriental, I know, yet very tasty)

Considering cookbooks - I could give you lots of recommendations if you speak german :|
                              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• rogelro
                                • Mar 2008

them filo rolls looks delicious!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰