Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
    faust, what are those cookies please?

craving: honey; scrambled eggs and truffles
    Ooops, ALMONDINA. So delicious.

I too am craving scrambled eggs!!! Since yesterday night.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

^i just made some, slow-cooked, jean-georges style,
      w/ chopped fennel fronds and truffle oil
      (no wallet for real truffles, alas )
      also toast w/ honey

cookies look good; i think i want biscotti now, i'm so suggestible!
      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

haha! cookies are fantastic!

I bought some salami yesterday, uncut. Going to make eggs Russian style tomorrow.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

what's eggs russian style?

i think i will bake some cookies this week, i feel inspired now.
          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Lots of thick cut fried salami or kielbasa in the omelet, a pickle on the side and a piece of bread (we didn't know what a toaster is in SU). Russians love their fat and salt! God, I'm hungry!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Lots of thick cut fried salami or kielbasa in the omelet, a pickle on the side and a piece of bread (we didn't know what a toaster is in SU). Russians love their fat and salt! God, I'm hungry!
              wow. in Lithuania, they put flour in the eggs to make them more filling--a hangover from soviet days, no doubt. i think yours sound better though. i also love pickles.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

The real feast is to take the left over fried potatoes from the dinner before, and pour the egg mixture over them. SO GOOD.

I know about the flour, my grandpa used to do that. I never liked it - eggs become pancakes.

And, yes, pickles are great. Sour or half-sour. You should come to my hood one day and check out all the Russian delicacies.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fadetogrey
                  • Apr 2009

Oh god, this page is killing me! I would kill to have some eggs right now- the Russian omelet sounds delicious! But, I just went on some new dietary restrictions via my naturopath. I'm now having a gluten/wheat/dairy/peanut free existence. I'm dying for some bread. But I've already decided the diet's off on my vacation to France/Spain/Germany/Belgium this winter. There's no way I can keep it up with all the temptations!

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post

And, yes, pickles are great. Sour or half-sour. You should come to my hood one day and check out all the Russian delicacies.
                    i like all pickles, but half-sour are my fave, they remind me of my grandmother's old garden in summer. yes, i def need to check out your hood, i could use some comfort food.

on another note, i am presently confronted with having to cook this vegetable....scratches head

Comment

• fadetogrey
                      • Apr 2009

what is that? It's strangely pretty.

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

it is, isn't it?
                        they call it a karela in India, but it's essentially the same thing as a chinese bitter melon.
                        i decided to go macanese,
                        so cooked it with chourico, shallots, soy and a bit of sugar.
                        it's not bad for a first attempt!

Comment

• klangspiel
                          • Apr 2007

not sure how many outside of australia will be able to get their hands on these but jesus almighty, they're absolutely beyond divine especially the "burnt fig jam, honeycomb & caramel" flavour.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Damn you, people, I want Ippudo now. But it's so far, and it's so cold. But it's soooo good in this weather....

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Vanna
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by laika View Post
                              i like all pickles, but half-sour are my fave, they remind me of my grandmother's old garden in summer. yes, i def need to check out your hood, i could use some comfort food.

on another note, i am presently confronted with having to cook this vegetable....scratches head

My mom actually grows this. She hallows it out, stuffs it with hand minced pork and noodles and cooks it in a soup. It's delicious, though a little bitter. At least I think it's the same thing.
                              Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Please throw some South-East Asian (meaning anything sans Indian) and Japanese restaurants recommendations my way. Any kind of cuisine and budget, as long as the food is excellent. Yes, I know about Ippudo. Also, are those Momofuku restaurants all they are cracked up to be, or are they mostly hype by now?
                                Last edited by Faust; 12-16-2009, 01:39 PM.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎