X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Yan View Post
    It always amazes me Albert, how much of an artist you are on so many different levels. Words, fabrics, cars.....I think your patients will be very lucky.
    Thank you for the kind words Y :) Some day we will have to get together for a pint in London!
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
      You forgot the Shabu Shabu A! I went to Momokawa three days in a row...they started laughing the last time when i entered the door...
      Hahaha, I haven't had shabu at Momokawa yet. I always find myself in Flushing at Shanghai Tide where $25 gets you all you can drink beers, all you can eat shabu-shabu and dim sum and then after the 2 hour cap, somehow everyone manages to stumble/cab it to Woorijip in K-town for even more insanity.

Looking at Momokawa's photos though... I think Shanghai Tide is the polar opposite

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Yan
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
        Thank you for the kind words Y :) Some day we will have to get together for a pint in London!
        You are on!

Comment

• Halber Mensch
          • Oct 2011

Yeah, banned to eat boring dark chocolate...
          You probably have to try the right chocolate, because there is such variety of taste in high quality dark chocolate, that I can hardly imagine that anybody will be bored.

Comment

• kompressorkev
            • Dec 2006

I'm not even going to delve into the entire realm of sushi/sashimi because that subject alone can go on for pages.
            you can even make a movie about it! pictures of sushi for 81 minutes

Originally posted by Halber Mensch View Post
            You probably have to try the right chocolate, because there is such variety of taste in high quality dark chocolate, that I can hardly imagine that anybody will be bored.
            i was allergic to chocolate most of my life, and when i finally could eat it, i didn't really care for it, until i tried Amano and Amedei bars. now i'm completely hooked. it's really amazing what complexity and nuance of flavors these chocolate-makers can evoke from just a few ingredients. i'm allergic to dairy, but there are some incredible dark chocolate bars out there...really easy to get hooked fast. SA, i know dark chocolate's not for everyone, but i hope maybe it'll be a pleasant surprise in the future!
            Last edited by kompressorkev; 12-14-2011, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Ahimsa
              Vegan Police
              • Sep 2011

Yeah, banned to eat boring dark chocolate...but now...I will buy a whole wedding cake..muahahahahahaaaaa
              Glad to help haha.
              Organic Nectars makes a cashew based white chocolate bar if you're interested.

Also, direct bean to bar chocolate (dairy free of course) from the Mast Brothers. My apologies to anyone outside the US XD
              StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Oh man, I had no idea they did a documentary on Jiro Ono.... one of the big reasons that I want to visit Japan is to eat at his sushi bar.

I hope to be able to before it is too late.

I can't even begin to write about the awe and respect I have for someone like him. To love what you do so much and to have such a desire to take it to another level and to spend your life pursuing perfection in a singular art... incredible.

To have the honor of sitting down and having him serve you what he creates and knowing that there is well over half a century of knowledge, experience and precision in those hands would make every piece transcendental.

It's also the reason why I try to go to DiFara's when I'm in Brooklyn. Domenico has been at it for close to 50 years and it shows. Just like Jiro, it's about clean, simple, good ingredients that need very little (if anything) extra.

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Oh man, I had no idea they did a documentary on Jiro Ono.... one of the big reasons that I want to visit Japan is to eat at his sushi bar.

Yes. Do it. Rush, he's getting on.

Seriously, sell a kidney (not one of your own, of course), or whatever you have to do. Last time I was in tokyo, I think I hit ~25 well-edited restaurants, Subayashiki Jiro was without equal.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                    Vegan Police
                    • Sep 2011

Pure Food and Wine.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                      • Jan 2011

I can't even begin to write about the awe and respect I have for someone like him. To love what you do so much and to have such a desire to take it to another level and to spend your life pursuing perfection in a singular art... incredible.

It's also the reason why I try to go to DiFara's when I'm in Brooklyn. Domenico has been at it for close to 50 years and it shows. Just like Jiro, it's about clean, simple, good ingredients that need very little (if anything) extra.
                      kind of off topic.... IS THERE ANYTHING YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT? WHY ARE YOU SO FREAKING WELL VERSED IN EVERYTHING!!!!!!

you can breakdance, you're a designer and therefore versed in fabrics & tailoring, you are (going to be) a doctor, you're into coffee... I'm sure there are more that I haven't listed yet...

@ ahimsa that looks totally delicious!!! i do believe in pure ingredients but alas i cannot forego the love of meat... (which i know to be harmful... but so is the overpopulation of human species ;) )
                      Last edited by cowsareforeating; 12-16-2011, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Raw
                        • Oct 2009

Going through my photobucket and came across some photos of one of the nicest meals I've ever had.
                        At Maze by Gordon Ramsey in Melbourne.

Seared yellow fin tuna, white radish, yuzu, enoki mushrooms, black garlic.

Marinated beetroot with goat's curd, cabernet sauvignon vinaigrette, toasted pine nuts.

Pan seared scallops, caramelised kelp, samphire, mussels, Champagne.

Slow cooked octopus with chorizo.

My favourite dish of all time. Coral trout, chicken skin, trompette royal, fennel, lemon thyme consommé. AMAZING!!!

Pan seared baby snapper.

Venison with dark chocolate and red wine reduction.

Ox “tongue and cheek”, caper and raisin, carrots, horseradish pomme purée.

Lamb cannon and sweetbreads, tomato chutney, caramelised onion.

Comment

• Raw
                          • Oct 2009

Sheep's milk yogurt, frozen blackberries, walnut icecream, oat crumble.

Maze "lamington", rosella jam.

Hot chocolate fondant, sour cherry ice cream

Comment

• Ahimsa
                            Vegan Police
                            • Sep 2011

cowsareforeating, my vegan food will seduce you yet!

Raw, was that just your meal or everyone at your table's?

Comment

• theaddict
                              • Apr 2008

not that you guys get me wrong, i love all the variations of dark chocolate...but i miss eating cakes, muffins, pancakes, crepes and so forth...

And to Albert...he is just living my motto: Hedonism forever...
                              keep on going guys, enjoying all the nice pics!
                              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Raw
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                                cowsareforeating, my vegan food will seduce you yet!

Raw, was that just your meal or everyone at your table's?
                                Haha there were 4 of us and some of the dishes we ordered multiples.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎