Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lionlimb
    • Feb 2013

The man I've recently started seeing just told me that he's bringing me 5 pounds of freshly cured and smoked bacon on his next trip.

TRUE LOVE.
    not baller

Comment

• MoFiya
      • Sep 2007

Hmm, I just ordered a slow cooker.
      Anyone using one? Mind sharing some sites / favorite recipes?
      I have dreams of orca whales and owls
      But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Jan 2011

I'm going to Vancouver in a week or so, does anyone here have any recommendations on restaurants I should try? I'll be in Seattle as well.

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by lionlimb View Post

The man I've recently started seeing just told me that he's bringing me 5 pounds of freshly cured and smoked bacon on his next trip.

TRUE LOVE.
          If meat is murder, I can't think of a lovelier way to die. He's a keeper.
          sain't

Comment

• CAIN
            • Jun 2013

I went not to long a go to NYC and I really was amazed by the ramen and pork buns at Ipudo, if you are fan of the Asian food (like me) you should give it a try! and if you are in a low budget you should try Joe´s Shanghai the soup dumplings are wonderful!

Comment

• croatoan
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by 888 View Post
              I'm going to Vancouver in a week or so, does anyone here have any recommendations on restaurants I should try? I'll be in Seattle as well.
              In Seattle Sitka & Spruce is a must. The Walrus & The Carpenter is also great. I've been gone for a year and I know since leaving a lot more highly spoken-of places have also opened.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Eggs in Europe taste better than eggs in America. Somewhere along the way we fucked up our chickens.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Miso
                  • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Eggs in Europe taste better than eggs in America. Somewhere along the way we fucked up our chickens.
                  Europe has banned caged hens! Happier chooks better eggs.

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    There are plenty of good eggs in the US. You just have to track them down, and pay rather dearly. As with many things here, the baseline is awful, but good quality is readily available, though $$$.

In Northern California, I think Lazy 69 Ranch, Alder Springs, Rock Creek are the most widely available great eggs. Wish I knew in NY.
                    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

NY please! Hook me up, so I can stop having Proustian moments in Europe.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MoFiya
                        • Sep 2007

Just look for pastured eggs, maybe best to shop at the farmer's market.

I've recently started fermenting my food. Good some sauerkraut and radish in my kitchen. My first try with a lacto-fermented apricot chutney turned out being too alcoholic Plus, I just finished my first serving of self-made kefir!!
                        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• dji
                          • Feb 2008

need to find pastured eggs here on the east coast, the hyper-yellow yolks of the supermarket varieties are weird and they don't taste "eggy" enough..

coming from Australia I haven't been particularly impressed by the wines they have here in the States, definitely miss the ciders too (Australia has gone through something of cider renaissance in the past 5 years). the craft beers on the other hand are fantastic.

Comment

• Simari
                            • Aug 2013

I think milk in Europe and the UK taste a lot better than the stuff in the states too. For some reason milk here makes me sick and sometimes the flavor is very overpowering. I drank milk all of the time abroad and felt a whole lot better.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Milk in Finland makes me sick. Apparently half of Finland is lactose intolerant.

Try milk from a local farm and in a glass bottle next time - see if that makes a difference. It definitely tastes better. In any case, drinking milk is not recommended for adults. Go figure!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                                • Nov 2008

Hell, for the price of a couple of Rick tees, you can just get your own cow and pull it fresh, daily.
                                sain't

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎