Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

New Brooklyn Fare restaurant to be opening up on Manhattan at the end of next month? Any further news on what this will be like? Certainly different from the chef's table in Brooklyn...
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

bought pastured eggs over the weekend, they still kinda suck flavourwise compared to what we have back home. wheat versus corn fed birds perhaps?

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Well, supposedly pastured birds shouldn't be eating corn :-) But, yeah, we have fucked up our chickens somewhere along the lines. Gotta book me a flight to London and hit up Mr.Beuys for some eggs.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

Proper pastured birds should be eating grass and bugs, with a bit of seed and grain. But if there's a corn/wheat supply supplying most calories it's not going to be all that great, in my opinion.
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

had poached eggs while in Jamaica over the weekend, missed that flavour..

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
              had poached eggs while in Jamaica over the weekend, missed that flavour..
              Bought the most expensive eggs at Whole Foods today that claimed to be purely pasture fed. Will try and report. If this doesn't do the trick, I'm moving back to Russia!
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

cheers E, the ones from Mom's Organic Market don't cut it unfortunately.

Comment

• Picasso
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Try milk out of a glass bottle. Tastes better.
                  We're the only mammals that drink milk past infancy, it's not meant to be. Pretty sure all it does is fatten you up. Plus the radiation levels in milk have spiked up but none would know as its hardly reported

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Picasso View Post
                    We're the only mammals that drink milk past infancy, it's not meant to be. Pretty sure all it does is fatten you up. Plus the radiation levels in milk have spiked up but none would know as its hardly reported
                    Oh no, another milk argument!!
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• AngelofDeath
                      • Jun 2012

Very few mammals eat eggs, too, but that doesn't necessarily make them bad for human consumption. Like most food, most of the negative effects lie in the human touch, the need to twist nature into an industrialized commodity - pasteurization, irradiation, hormones, steroids, etc.
                      I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

• mike
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Bought the most expensive eggs at Whole Foods today that claimed to be purely pasture fed. Will try and report. If this doesn't do the trick, I'm moving back to Russia!
                        why not just get some at the union sq farmer's market?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

To be honest I don't have a lot of trust in farmer's markets, simply because I don't know what's marketing and what's the real deal. They are often more expensive than Whole Foods, which I find strange.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                            • Jan 2008

They take a bit of research, but if you go a few times, and do a bit of homework, the same people go to the farmer's market week after week and you can shop at the good ones.

Whole foods is expensive, but not high quality. I see no reason not to pay a tiny bit more sometimes for good food. That being said, most everything at any of the farmer's markets (other than one specialty cattle rancher) near me is cheaper or as cheap as whole foods, and the food is much better.

To get into most whole foods, it seems like a product needs to be industrial organic (a la Earthbound Farms), and that doesn't play nice with flavor... or the world really.
                            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Don't get me wrong, I would like to go to markets and willing to pay a little more for good produce. But, like I said, I don't know what's what. Take produce, for example. Often times it's not organic and it costs as much or more (don't forget I'm in NY, and you are very lucky to be in Cali) than organic produce at Whole Foods, which is fairly expensive to begin with. Now, I know many small producers are not able to do the USDA Organic certification, which I also know is not that high of a standard, but how do I know which is better? I find it hard to believe that small farmers don't use chemicals and pesticides when they are so easily available.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                                Vegan Police
                                • Sep 2011

^It's hard when you're in the city, yeah. I'm from upstate (Otsego), and there are random organic farmers and non-organic one's who don't use pesticides that don't sell beyond the region. We even have our own organic maple syrup, breweries, cider mills...But there are also plenty of small farmers who do use nasty chemicals cause, as you said, it's just too easy not too. When I got to NYC I felt weird because I had no idea about any of the produce or the people who produce it. I feel like being able to talk to a farmer is a really big privilege now. (lying about it there means you basically lose all business if someone finds out)
                                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎