• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trendy Andy
    • Jun 2007

Re: What's Going On In Your Town?

[86] John.....!!! </p>

Imagine Danielle from Fred Segal and add about 36 more blonde's and brunettes and thats how many were there not including other women who were invited to attend the party. </p>

I wanted to DHC to come but he was in New York City I think.</p>

</p>

[quote user="JohnFG"]</p>

I can imagine you within all those bunnys :)</p>

Hope life is good to you?!</p>

JFG </p>[/quote]

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

free sonic youth</p><table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td bgcolor="#ffffff" height="17" valign="top" width="51"><span class="showText">Fri 7/04</span>
      <span class="showText">3:30 PM</span></td><td bgcolor="#ffffff" height="17" valign="top" width="181">

<span class="showText">Sonic Youth, The Feelies</span></p></td><td bgcolor="#ffffff" height="17" valign="top"><span class="showText">Battery Park (Tickets available 7/12 at noon - see ticket link)</span></td><td bgcolor="#ffffff" height="17" valign="top"><span class="showText">All Ages</span></td><td bgcolor="#ffffff" height="17" valign="top"><span class="showText">free</span></td><td align="right" bgcolor="#ffffff" height="17" valign="top"><span class="showText">Buy Tickets
      Invite A Friend</span></td><td align="right" bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="top"></td></tr></tbody></table>

</p>
      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• klangspiel
        • Apr 2007

^^ never mind the yod man. the fucking FEEEEELIES!! [75]</p>

reunited with the original lineup. hot dang.</p>

Comment

• Seventh
          • Dec 2006

Has any one else seen the Carnegie International ? Thought it was a mixed-bag. Personally, I was a little underwhelmed by the show, nothing really
          blew me away like the previous one had, it was more consistant than the
          last one, but safer as well. There was one interesting
          photographer whose work I really liked (Noguchi Rika), and a
          couple cool sculptors/instalations (loved Matthew Monahan and Susan Philipsz). My friend called it very minimal '70s and
          European, the mood was kinda cold and intellectually distanced. The Mike Kelley was a bit of a disaster...

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="merz"]

FUCK ME. FUCK. ME.</p>

jesus fuck
            </p>

[/quote]</p>

Has anyone read No Wave or whatever it's called yet? Just about bought it the other day at Opening Ceremony but didn't have time to flip through it.</p>
            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• klangspiel
              • Apr 2007

^ lets just say, the pedigree of moore/coley should guarantee one helluva document.</p><p class="spip">for those in paris, murnau X nww (the stapleton + liles incarnation) -- 20th may
              </p><p class="spip"><b class="spip">Ciné concert

La Terre qui flambe - Musique de Steven Stapleton / Andrew Liles[/b]

Film muet de Friedrich Wilhelm Murnau

Allemagne, 1922, 112 minutes.</p>

<p class="spip">«<b class="spip">La terre qui flambe ou le drame d?un ambitieux[/b].

Un film perdu, réapparu à la faveur d?un prêtre italien qui en
              possédait une copie qu?il projetait dans un asile d?aliénés sous le
              titre
              Il Campo del Diavolo, nom donné à cette terre filmée comme une
              malédiction. [?] Un film trésor à l?instar de celui, aussi inflammable

que du nitrate, qui fait courir le héros de ce drame de la cupidité
              opposée à la pureté de la nature (ici alchimique, enflammée de neige).
              Divisé en six actes, le film raconte le drame d?un jeune ambitieux, Johannes, qui préfère les tentations de la fortune

à l?héritage de la ferme paternelle.»</p>

<p class="spip"><b class="spip">Steven Stapleton / Andrew Liles.[/b][UK - Nurse with Wound ]

Aux commandes depuis 1979, Steven Stapleton mène en solitaire le
              projet «d?art total» Nurse With Wound qui entremêle littérature,
              peinture, cadavres exquis sonores et visuels.

Pour la première fois, accompagné de Andrew Liles, il crée une
              bande-son originale; sur le film légendaire de Murnau, ils improvisent

à partir de bruits, d?objets triturés, de fragments de voix, de piano et expérimentent avec le silence.</p>

<p class="spip"><b class="spip">Informations pratiques[/b]
              <b class="spip">Cité de la Musique[/b]
              221, avenue Jean Jaurès 75019 Paris
              Renseignements &amp; réservations: 01 44 84 44 84</p>

<p class="spip"><b class="spip">À lire dans le numéro de<i class="spip"> Mouvement[/i] d?avril 2008[/b]:
              "Nurse With Wound, Intuitions obliques: rencontre avec Steven
              Stapleton, le plus serein des monstres de la musique expérimentale,"
              par Franck Marguin et Christophe Taupin.</p>

</p>

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

built to spill with the meat puppets and dinosaur jr.
                </p>

09-25 New York, NY - Terminal 5 ^ (performing Perfect From Now On!!!!)

09-26 New York, NY - Terminal 5 ^ (performing Perfect From Now On!!!!)
                </p>

Comment

• Jon
                  • Apr 2008

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

built to spill with the meat puppets and dinosaur jr.
                  </P>

09-25 New York, NY - Terminal 5 ^ (performing Perfect From Now On!!!!)
                  09-26 New York, NY - Terminal 5 ^ (performing Perfect From Now On!!!!)
                  </P>

[/quote]</P>

I hate you New York... </P>

Still haven't decided on whether or not to go to ATP in Septermber... this is so frustrating... </P>
                  Originally posted by merz
                  perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• klangspiel
                    • Apr 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"] built to spill with the meat puppets and dinosaur jr.[/quote]</p>

sign of the times isn't it? a bucketload of reunions, albums-as-full-setlists-as-nostalgic-trip-down-memory-lane "don't look back" shows, lou and j in the same room ... lol</p>

anyway, happening in the same city but much earlier (sunday the 18th).
                    for a good cause with very very cool people.</p>

god willing, i'll be there in attendance... heckling mr acconci through his spiel (haha) </p>

<u>Myat Moondog Haggart benefit</u></p>

May 18th 2008, at St. Mark's Church in New York City, marks an evening where
                    decades of experimental performers from around the world will gather to buoy the
                    spirits of their friend, 2-year-old Myat Moondog Haggart.</p>

7PM sharp/ $20 donation entry fee</p>

Confirmed acts include *Captain Sons and Daughters* (artist Kara Bohnenstiel
                    and <a href="http://www.discogs.com/artist/Drew+McDowall/" mce_href="http://www.discogs.com/artist/Drew+McDowall/" class="external text" title="http://www.discogs.com/artist/Drew+McDowall/" rel="nofollow">Drew
                    McDowall</a> of Coil), *Vito Acconci*
                    (delivering a 'textual architecture' oration), *Scott Haggart and Lary Seven
                    performing DISKONO 017 * (announcing the rebirth and continuation of legendary
                    Scottish Dada-anarcho record label DISKONO), *David Grubbs*
                    (Squirrel Bait, Gastr Del Sol, myriad solo projects collaborations and critical
                    works), *Backworld*(World
                    Serpent, Current 93), *Little Annie*(CRASS, Coil, go-to chanteuse for 30 years plus),
                    *Paul Wallfisch *(from Botanica)and DJs *<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._G._Thirlwell/" mce_href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._G._Thirlwell/" class="external text" title="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._G._Thirlwell/" rel="nofollow">J.G.
                    Thirlwell</a>* (Foetus, Steroid Maximus, Manorexia) and* Fabio Roberti* (WFMU).
                    *Melissa Rocha* will present a puppet-filled animated short plus *<a href="http://upcoming.yahoo.com/venue/22209" mce_href="http://upcoming.yahoo.com/venue/22209" class="external text" title="http://upcoming.yahoo.com/venue/22209" rel="nofollow">Secret Project
                    Robot</a>* projections.</p>

This bill forms a roster of incessant voyagers, passionate collaborators,
                    true anarchists, and conscientious scholars. It is a festival-quality roster,
                    and a rich, beautiful roster: please graze the Internet for a moment to see how
                    deep these artists' creative roots run.</p>

A door raffle and silent auction will take place on the sidelines: donations
                    thus far include a package of Coil, JaDa, A Room Forever and other record rarities, Vito Acconci
                    artwork, <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Richardson/" mce_href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Richardson/" class="external text" title="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Richardson/" rel="nofollow">Terry
                    Richardson</a> photography, Sebastian Mlynarski photography, Michel Gondry
                    drawing, Todd Fisher photography, Mae Fatto photography, Little Annie painting, Andrea Aimi
                    painting, Shannon Lucy print, Robert Munn 3-D
                    image, Dawn Breeze painting, <a href="http://www.artcal.net/event/view/1/4584" mce_href="http://www.artcal.net/event/view/1/4584" class="external text" title="http://www.artcal.net/event/view/1/4584" rel="nofollow">Patricia
                    Iglesias</a> painting, Cameron Michel collage, Arik Roper
                    silkscreen print, Raul de Nieves sculpture, Micki Pellerano drawing, Nanette Lepore clothing, Other Music voucher, Beacon's Closet gift
                    certificate, Bumble + Bumble
                    haircuts, Vashti Windish (Live with Animals) chocolates and many more.</p>

Myat Moondog Haggart is a hilarious, pugnacious, beautiful and beloved child
                    beset by health problems relating to his brain that are proving very difficult
                    to diagnose. This event exists as a party for him as he begins what may be a
                    difficult journey to health, and as an immeasurably helpful boost as his medical
                    bills continue to mount. This is an event for punks, nerds, parents, perverts,
                    students, children, priests, pagans, ravers: an event for everyone.
                    </p>

</p>

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

ICFF! I went today and had so much fun! It's like a 3-D interior design magazine where you can touch and feel... or like a big playground for the design conscious.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mamaboy
                        • Mar 2008

5 28 the virgins in irving plaza
                        but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• soultek
                          • Feb 2007

[quote user="Faust"]ICFF! I went today and had so much fun! It's like a 3-D interior design magazine where you can touch and feel... or like a big playground for the design conscious.
                          [/quote]</p>

Hey Faust, I went on Sun. Was pretty cool. I especially liked the Materials Library booth (well, I'm an engineer..) they're located in Chelsea I guess. Might go back today if I have the time.</p>

Man I wish I had the $ or the place for nice furniture. </p>

Comment

• soultek
                            • Feb 2007

</p>

Cluster in LA on Thurs [:O]</p>

</p>

http://www.donutsparty.com/la.html</p>

</p>

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

anyone go to no fun fest?

Comment

• Re: What's Going On In Your Town?

derided by some, but the tokion conference happened this past weekend in new york. the most relevant panel for this forum was "young fashion designers", with patrik ervell, tim hamilton, and two of the loden dager guys. generally, it was a bit awkward, none of these guys were totally comfortable discussing their work. </p>

patrik said that he got his start primarily because of his relationship with opening ceremony; they gave him the flexibility to grow at his own pace. he bristled at a question that involved his work referencing americana -- this question was glossed over for the most part, which was unfortunate, because it would have been interesting to hear a deeper discussion on whether they identified with an american design aesthetic. tim hamilton got his foot in the door because robert burke from bergdorf's got him a deal; he's looking to branch out to womenswear. they all referenced style.com and patrik claimed that it was a more important tool for brand-building than attributions in magazines.</p>

separately, harmony korine was a dick.</p>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎