X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hanajibu
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
    Frodus will make their triumphant return to NYC on May 10th at Death By Audio, flanked by Limbs, Himalaya, and a special guest!
    WOW, on Mother's Day no less... and Limbs are/is dope.

Keiji Haino and Tony Conrad play the Studio @ Webster Hall this Saturday, tix $15 I believe. And that same night, Blank Dogs plays Silent Barn.

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

oh shitttttttttttttttttttt. keiji haino and tony conrad? mind blown. do you know what time it starts?
      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• hanajibu
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
        oh shitttttttttttttttttttt. keiji haino and tony conrad? mind blown. do you know what time it starts?
        doors at 7p and C. Spencer Yeh is opening, so 8-ish for him then 9 for Haino/Conrad?? I'm estimating though, I don't frequent Webster Hall.

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

damn, that's a legit lineup. i have to go to a co-workers house warming thing though. ugh.

Comment

• polishmike
            • Jan 2007

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but Gagosian gallery has two exhibits now that are worth checking out.

Yayoi Kusama on 24st. Some of her paintings are fantastic and the light room is vaery cool.

and Picasso's Mosqueteros on 21st. I wasn't sure if I would like this but it's a really impressive amount of work in one space.

Comment

• hanajibu
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by polishmike View Post
              I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but Gagosian gallery has two exhibits now that are worth checking out.

Yayoi Kusama on 24st. Some of her paintings are fantastic and the light room is vaery cool.

and Picasso's Mosqueteros on 21st. I wasn't sure if I would like this but it's a really impressive amount of work in one space.
              Agreed to both. the Kusama in particular blew me away; I see her infinity-nets paintings differently now after being in that light room.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

PJ Harvey 6/18 at Beacon
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LustMord
                  • Mar 2009

Steve Mcqueen Photo exhibition

There is a photoexhibition about Steve Mcqueen taking place in Munich for about 3 weeks.
                  The opening party will be at the 30th of April just for invited clientel
                  at http://hsc-realitaetenbuero.de/
                  Gärtnerplatz 5, Munich

Comment

• croatoan
                    • Jul 2007

I randomly found a show listing telling me that Peter Brotzmann was going to be playing in ten minutes from when I saw it. I stopped making my dinner half way through, caught the next bus that came, and made it to the venue with about a minute to spare. Really amazing show.

(Nasheet Waits, Eric Revis, Peter Brotzmann)

Brotzmann looked like he was out of Demeulemeester SS09.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

upcoming shows NYC:

big business (ex karp and murder city devils): 5/10 @ Mercury Lounge in New York, New York
                      no fun fest: 5/15-5/17 - holla at me if you have an extra ticket or two for sunday
                      wolves in the throne room: May 22 - Europa Brooklyn, New York w/Thrones, A Storm of Light
                      wolves in the throne room: may 26 - webster hall w/krallice, a storm of light
                      gas: 5/30 @ columbia
                      sir richard bishop - 6/13 @ studio in webster
                      jay reatard - 7/2 @ some place
                      Scanner, Mountains - 7/7 @ some place

lastly, my friend's duo (brother raven) is playing a few nyc shows in may. they sound like early electronic music ala tangerine dream and are pretty dope.

5/9/2009 6:00 PM at Eat Records w/tom carter and marcia bassett
                      124 Meserole Avenue, Brooklyn

5/10/2009 9:15 PM at West Nile w/ marcia bassett
                      285 Kent Ave 2, Brooklyn

you can download their tape here:

Comment

• Magician
                        • Jul 2008

^ Gonna be in NY on the 22nd and would love to try and get to the Wolves show. Are you going?
                        Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                          • Sep 2006

NOTHING!
                          Due to the swine flu all events are cancelled, all restaurants/bars/cinemas/theathers/sports arenas/schools/universities/even churches are closed until further notice

People are working at homes and hoping for the best, luckily i live in one of the cities less affected by this epidemic but still it's a delicate situation

Comment

• SunshineSometime
                            • May 2008

Audi will be bringing in the gareth pugh fw09 collection coming may. Can't wait to see the pieces in person.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

say what? /\
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mamaboy
                                • Mar 2008

the kills...but i guess im the only fan....o well....
                                but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎