X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Don't understand the fascination with Beuys either, maybe others can chime in? Mr.Beuys?
    Only saw this now...
    I do have a bit of a fascination for Beuys, but can't entirely understand it myself... I used to be entranced by 'Blitzschlag mit Lichtschein auf Hirsch', a huge collection of sculptures, which was installed in Frankfurt for a while, precisely because I couldn't understand it, yet it had such a strong presence. Then I got an art historian to take 2 hours to explain it to me, and I still liked it... Been to countless retrospectives since and it still resonates with me, and I still don't want to know why.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
      Only saw this now...
      I do have a bit of a fascination for Beuys, but can't entirely understand it myself... I used to be entranced by 'Blitzschlag mit Lichtschein auf Hirsch', a huge collection of sculptures, which was installed in Frankfurt for a while, precisely because I couldn't understand it, yet it had such a strong presence. Then I got an art historian to take 2 hours to explain it to me, and I still liked it... Been to countless retrospectives since and it still resonates with me, and I still don't want to know why.
      Priceless. Fuuma needs a new signature, I think.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• polishmike
        • Jan 2007

Marina Abramovic at MoMA in ny is really great. Even if you're not into performance art, it's probably one of the best shows at MoMA this year.

Comment

• klangspiel
          • Apr 2007

^ splendid call. but what's probably even better @ moma right now are the year long screenings of frederick wiseman films. i can count a very small handful of american filmmakers that i actually like and wiseman's certainly one of them. if i recall correctly, someone asked for documentary recommendations in the cinema thread? well, everything by wiseman is most definitely highly recommended.

Comment

• calv
            • May 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Every SZers wet dream.

Antwerp
            fashion
            "Black" examines the fashion history of the color black, showing paintings, costumes and contemporary fashion by designers such as Ann Demeulemeester, Givenchy (Riccardo Tisci), Chanel and Gareth Pugh.
            Modemuseum
            March 25-Aug. 8
            32-3-4702-770
            www.momu.be
            will definitely go there!

Comment

• endersgame
              • Aug 2009

hcb at moma 4/11-6/28

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

/\ Now that's worth going to - thanks for posting.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• todestrieb
                  • Mar 2009

I like Bresson, but nothing screams cultural gentrification and bourgeois chicness more than HCB. Fucking coffee-table books.

Comment

• endersgame
                    • Aug 2009

heh, you're going to have to sell yourself out with coffee table books and calendars. sometimes gallery sales isn't enough to support a foundation..

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by todestrieb View Post
                      I like Bresson, but nothing screams cultural gentrification and bourgeois chicness more than HCB. Fucking coffee-table books.
                      Who doesn't have a coffee table book these days?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endersgame
                        • Aug 2009

candida hofer at sonnabend until april 17.

former becher student. large format interiors. very german..

i have no idea what they are showing since sonnabend has no real website??

Comment

• chameleon
                          • Jun 2008

Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo is doing an exhibition on Hussein Chalayan until June 20th.

"From Fashion And Back" (ファッションにはじまり、そしてファッションへ戻る旅)
                          Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo explores diverse approaches to contemporary art through exhibitions, collections, and educational programs.

I never had any real experience with Hussein's output (except for a few garments I've seen in stores) so this was really fascinating for me, and an eye-opener on just how conceptual his collections are/have been. Highly recommended.

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                            • Jan 2010

Deciding if I should go see MONO tonight.
                            THE HOUSE OF DIS
                            embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Only if they project Great Expectations in the back.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• munch
                                • Aug 2008

I very much think you should, mono (at least the japanese mono) are great.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎