• Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

Re: PORTRAITS OF PAST REUNION?!!!!!!!

[quote user="xadam"][quote user="ddohnggo"]

this is for the OG emo kids</p>

"The band consisting of Rex, Rob, Matthew, Jeremy, and Jonah have
    already met up and confirmed they plan to play 4 shows in late summer.
    One at 924 Gilman St. in Berkeley, one at Bottom Of The Hill in SF, one
    in NYC, and another somewhere in the Midwest."
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

Dear god please let the opener be Mohinder.</p>

[/quote]</p>

i fucking wish! mohinder was so brutal and fast. </p>
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

Re: PORTRAITS OF PAST REUNION?!!!!!!!

mohinder is one of the best band names ever, i just used to repeat that over and over
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

Re: What's Going On In Your Town?

teenage jesus and the jerks reunionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn</p>

http://www.knittingfactory.com/show.php?event_id=111664</p>

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

<p style="font-weight: bold;">I'VE GOT A NINJA SWORD AND ROTTEN TOMATOES. WHO IS WITH ME FOR SOME KITSCH KILLING?! </p><p style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: normal;">Wow, museums just love outracing each other on the way to irrelevance. Open wide, corporate cock incoming.</span>
          </p><div id="a010021more"><div id="more">
          <blockquote>THE BROOKLYN MUSEUM &amp; LOUIS VUITTON HONOR JAPANESE ARTIST TAKASHI MURAKAMI AT GALA CELEBRATING
          © MURAKAMI EXHIBITION

WHO:

Artist Takashi Murakami, Louis Vuitton Artistic Director Marc Jacobs,
          and musical performer Kanye West along with celebrity guests (TBA)</p>

WHAT:

The Brooklyn Ball will celebrate the opening of © MURAKAMI, a major
          retrospective exploring the accomplishments of artist Takashi Murakami.
          The celebration will also honor the Chairman and Chief Executive
          Officer of the Forest City Ratner Companies, Bruce Ratner, with the
          Museum's highest honor, the Augustus Graham Medal. Louis Vuitton will
          be opening a fully operational store within and as part of the ©
          MURAKAMI retrospective that will carry products created by the artist,
          as well as editioned canvases specifically created for the Brooklyn
          <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">presentation</span> penetration, which will be available exclusively at the Museum for the
          duration of the exhibition (April 5-July 13, 2008).</p>

The evening will feature a special one-night-only Louis Vuitton
          <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">performance </span>penetration in support of the protection of intellectual property. This
          <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">performance</span> penetration is an unprecedented and daring way to bring attention to
          the serious issue of counterfeiting and our global responsibility to
          protect <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">artists and designers' creativity and creations</span> our profits. Louis Vuitton
          plans to donate a portion of the revenues generated at the Louis
          Vuitton store within the Brooklyn Museum on the evening of the Gala to
          the Federal Enforcement Homeland Security Foundation. There will also
          be <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">special</span> very expensive items, created by Takashi Murakami as part of the latest
          collaboration with Louis Vuitton, which will be auctioned during the
          Gala dinner to benefit the Brooklyn Museum.</p>

The event will also feature an exclusive performance by Grammy award-winning <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">producer and artist</span> prostitute Kanye West.</p>

Co-chairs of the Brooklyn Ball are Louis Vuitton President and CEO
          Yves Carcelle and <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">Artistic Director</span> gym bunny Marc Jacobs, along with music and
          fashion mogul Jay-Z, President and CEO of NETS Sports Entertainment
          Brett D. and Museum Trustee Andrew B. Cohen and Suzi Kwon Cohen;
          Trustee Joseph Finnerty and Donna Paparella; Trustee Stephanie
          Ingrassia and Tim Ingrassia; and Trustee Joanne Minieri.</p>

WHEN:

Thursday, April 3, 2008

6:30 p.m. Exhibition preview and cocktail reception catered by Nobu

8:00 p.m. Dinner

9:30 p.m. Kanye West performance

10:30 p.m. After Party with DJ Cassidy</p>

WHERE:

The Brooklyn Museum, 200 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn</p></blockquote>
          </div></div>

</p>
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

[quote user="Faust"]<p style="font-weight: bold;">I'VE GOT A NINJA SWORD AND ROTTEN TOMATOES. WHO IS WITH ME FOR SOME KITSCH KILLING?! </p><p style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: normal;">Wow, museums just love outracing each other on the way to irrelevance. Open wide, corporate cock incoming.</span>
            <blockquote>THE BROOKLYN MUSEUM &amp; LOUIS VUITTON HONOR JAPANESE ARTIST TAKASHI MURAKAMI AT GALA CELEBRATING
            © MURAKAMI EXHIBITION

WHO:

WHAT:

<span style="text-decoration: line-through;">presentation</span> penetration, which will be available exclusively at the Museum for the

<span style="text-decoration: line-through;">performance </span>penetration in support of the protection of intellectual property. This
            <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">performance</span> penetration is an unprecedented and daring way to bring attention to
            protect <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">artists and designers' creativity and creations</span> our profits. Louis Vuitton
            be <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">special</span> very expensive items, created by Takashi Murakami as part of the latest

The event will also feature an exclusive performance by Grammy award-winning <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">producer and artist</span> prostitute Kanye West.</p>

Yves Carcelle and <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">Artistic Director</span> gym bunny Marc Jacobs, along with music and

WHEN:

Thursday, April 3, 2008

WHERE:

</div></div>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

am totally in. start with the met and then continue onwards to brooklyn museum sounds like a great week. </p>
            Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

boredoms are playing other music on monday for free. first 50 people get in.

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

get there sunday night

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

[quote user="kira"][quote user="Faust"]<p style="font-weight: bold;">I'VE GOT A NINJA SWORD AND ROTTEN TOMATOES. WHO IS WITH ME FOR SOME KITSCH KILLING?! </p><p style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font-weight: normal;">Wow, museums just love outracing each other on the way to irrelevance. Open wide, corporate cock incoming.</span>
                  © MURAKAMI EXHIBITION

WHO:

WHAT:

WHEN:

Thursday, April 3, 2008

WHERE:

</div></div>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

am totally in. start with the met and then continue onwards to brooklyn museum sounds like a great week. </p>

[/quote]</p>

saw this crap in LA, same opening, dinner w the scene. would rather kill myself. i can take shots at the crowd from my apt. </p>

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

&lt;goes to buy a BB gun&gt;
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jay
                      • Mar 2008

There is a great retro exhibit at the MCA in Chicago I may check ouot this weekend.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                        • Nov 2007

I just lost my shit over this one: the most uber-cult (no pun intended) psychedelic band of all time - Ya Ho Wha 13 (if that means anything to anyone here) - reunites sans their long-dead prophet at the Knitting Factory in New York on April 8. Unfuckingbelievable! I'm so there.</p>

http://www.knittingfactory.com/artists.php?band_id=2996 </p>
                        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

i thought ya ho wha 13 played last month with excepter?</p>

either way, i'm going to try and go to this show. i still haven't seen nnck yet</p>

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

Really? Damn, I totally missed out on that one. I got tickets to this already so if you decide to go send me a PM. We'll show up in CCP and teach those old hippies a thing or two about goth ninja style.</p>

* Oh, and speaking of CCP, I'm very eager to see how you'll respond to the $7,000 offer for your fencing jacket that Ionn made in the classifieds section. This could be the advent of a new SZ phenomenon: baller disabling.</p>

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

i think i'm gonna go. i'll pm you after i buy my ticket.</p>

7k for the fencing...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. probably not!</p>

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                                • Nov 2007

I wouldn't sell it for less than 10.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰