• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Eternal
    You can be young and "broke" and own one Carol suit but at the same time look better than all those fat bankers.
    There is maybe one thing here that is even more irritating than rich kids spending their parents' money, it's rich kids pretending that they're poor.

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

If you feel that way don't dare step foot into williamsburg

Comment

• Vanna
        • May 2008

Or watch "Girls."
        Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

same thing

Comment

• Vanna
            • May 2008

Totes.
            Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• schemedream
              • Jan 2013

Ouch. Too close to home. Not to mention all the kids who live around Oakland / SF who choose to dress like they're poor in one of the most expensive cities in the nation.

My roomies all watch it and I can't stand it. The usual response of "but she writes, directs, produces the whole show" doesn't really mean shit when I don't agree with the message.

Comment

• BSR
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                So I heard but you still unquestionably beat Americans in your wealth of knowledge and respect for education.

By "living fashion" I mean that someone like Dr. Steele buys the clothes, goes to the shows, etc. etc. Does what we do, only she's mad smart.
                ok, so basically it's participatory observation, which is perfectly fine. But at the same time, the obvious risk for the fashion theorist who is part of the game is the bias and the lack of critical distance, which can only be achieved through financial independence (academical recognition is a way for this i suppose, and Dr. Steele seems to enjoy it as well).
                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                  ok, so basically it's participatory observation, which is perfectly fine. But at the same time, the obvious risk for the fashion theorist who is part of the game is the bias and the lack of critical distance, which can only be achieved through financial independence (academical recognition is a way for this i suppose, and Dr. Steele seems to enjoy it as well).
                  She's not part of the game the way a fashion journalist is. She is removed enough to remain critical. I am just saying she's not locked up in an ivory tower.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎