• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by nvsnli View Post
    Le Pen is going win by a landslide in next election in France.
    It is beginning increasingly hard to justify tolerance, so I would not be surprised.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nvsnli
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      It is beginning increasingly hard to justify tolerance, so I would not be surprised.
      I try to be tolerant for everything and for everyone and people can do what they like as long as it is not harmful to anyone.
      Somethings just cant be tolerated when they are forced upon you.

I hope everything will work out eventually and things will go smoothly but i will not hold my breath.

Comment

• Nickefuge
        • Nov 2014

I’m disgusted by the sheer amount of people using this tragedy for self-expression on social media e.g. when they post pictures of their trip to Paris from years ago or display their saddened faces via selfie.
        Ironically, speaking out against it on social media wouldn’t be a tad better, so I’m venting here. Kthxbye
        "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
        -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Lucky Strike
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
          I’m disgusted by the sheer amount of people using this tragedy for self-expression on social media e.g. when they post pictures of their trip to Paris from years ago or display their saddened faces via selfie.
          Ironically, speaking out against it on social media wouldn’t be a tad better, so I’m venting here. Kthxbye
          Yeah Im surprised so many of my atheist friends are posting #prayforparis. As an atheist I dont believe what we need is more religion.

Comment

• nvsnli
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Lucky Strike View Post
            Yeah Im surprised so many of my atheist friends are posting #prayforparis. As an atheist I dont believe what we need is more religion.
            Less praying and more deeds towards stopping hateful ideologies what people should do.

Comment

• En.
              • May 2015

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
              It's a poor form of sympathy. It's like what happened with the Oregon Shooting.
              Originally posted by nvsnli View Post
              Less praying and more deeds towards stopping hateful ideologies what people should do.
              That would be all Abrahamic religions then. I'm fine with that.

Comment

• nvsnli
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by En. View Post

That would be all Abrahamic religions then. I'm fine with that.
                Me too, not a fan of religions in general.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I could not agree more.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deadboy
                    • Jul 2013

Now people are French flag-ifying their Facebook profile pictures. Ecch.

But as much as I loathe all the 'my thoughts and prayers' posts (Anthony Jeselnik's bit on this is great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FLGEr1zJYo), people's Eiffel Tower holiday photos that so often seem to include their smiling faces, and the stupid graphics all over the Instagram accounts of Ria Dunn and so many others, I so much more hate when people use things like this to score sociopolitical points, whether it's justifying xenophobia or antitheism, or any number of other things.

Comment

• nvsnli
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by deadboy View Post

But as much as I loathe all the 'my thoughts and prayers' posts (Anthony Jeselnik's bit on this is great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FLGEr1zJYo), people's Eiffel Tower holiday photos that so often seem to include their smiling faces, and the stupid graphics all over the Instagram accounts of Ria Dunn and so many others, I so much more hate when people use things like this to score sociopolitical points, whether it's justifying xenophobia or antitheism, or any number of other things.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Antitheism (what the fuck is that anyway - another recent invention - atheism used to suffice) needs no justification at this point in history - theism does. Nor is pointing out that terrorist acts are perpetrated by Muslim fanatics amounts to xenophobia.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

... I so much more hate when people use things like this to score sociopolitical points, whether it's justifying xenophobia or antitheism, or any number of other things.
                          can you elaborate? intolerance toward people who are intolerant of intolerant people that kill people in the name of an intolerant god
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                            can you elaborate? intolerance toward people who are intolerant of intolerant people that kill people in the name of an intolerant god
                            More PC bullshit. Conflating genuine concerns with right wing fanaticism.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

i know, and i'm growing tired of that type of thinking.
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Nickefuge
                                • Nov 2014

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                                -Paris Hilton

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎