Clear All
  • endersgame
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by SuperTurboTaco View Post
    Let`s keep that inspiration flowing
    polaroid emulsion transfers on glass
    Crown Graphic/Fuji FP-100c
    Polaroid 680/600
    very beautiful. nice to see large format being posted here.

Comment

• SuperTurboTaco
      • Oct 2009

Endersgame

How did you start doing alternative processing? Self taught, schooling? Very good work along with your tintypes from, post your own works and creations. Bought an alternative processing book years ago but never tried anything. Glad to see digital has not completely taken over!

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

i learned from school, workshops, and from work. but i haven't been doing much shooting or printing lately. some of the chemistry is too hard to find these days. like wet plate ingredients– silver nitrate, p cyanide, and collodion. not stuff you can find at your neighborhood drug store or anywhere to be exact.

there are other alternative processes that is pretty easy to execute. if you can add water, measure things, and work with negatives, you can do a lot. i don't know where you can buy photo chemistry in japan, but in america, there's the photographers formulary.

even in printing, i still prefer silver over digital pigment. it's so much nicer working with chemicals..*inhales*

Comment

• SuperTurboTaco
          • Oct 2009

It`s very sad that you can`t get some of the chemicals for these processes. It`s a dying art for sure and thats a real shame. I can appreciate digital photography and I love what others have done with it. But for myself, nothing replaces the magic that takes place in a darkroom, it is a truly special experience, noting like it in the world.

Comment

• endersgame
            • Aug 2009

well, my colleagues and i have pretty much accepted that silver printing is gone. you can still shoot film, but the printing will be digital. the alternative processes will still be around if someone wants to pay for the materials. you're lucky fuji still makes polaroids, for now..

and now for something different. i don't know if anyone here enjoys shooting macro plant/wildlife. these are shot on a hasselblad 120mm makro. this lens is out of this world...

on a lightbox. endive sliced paper thin. i wanted more contrast but i fucked up the processing...

shot wide open against black velvet.

Comment

• jcotteri
              • Jun 2008

mortalveneer I can only concentrate on the face in the second picture down...

Endersgame and STT.. Wonderful..

Endersgame I was looking at that lens the other day on ebay :) Beautiful.
              May I ask what else was used there please..
              WTB: This

Comment

• mortalveneer
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
                mortalveneer I can only concentrate on the face in the second picture down...
                I see a face in my photo with the old abandoned mine entrance (a page back)...is this the one to which you referring?...having trouble seeing a face in the second photo of my most recent post...
                I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Avantster
                  ¤¤¤
                  • Sep 2006

great stuff, endersgame and superturbotaco. i'm a big proponent of film and the darkroom.

Kodak T-max 400, 120 film.
                  let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

a Rollei, right?
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endersgame
                      • Aug 2009

thanks jcotteri and avanster.

jcotteri, which one would you like to know more of?

Comment

• SuperTurboTaco
                        • Oct 2009

Hey guys, thank you for the kind words
                        Good to see other fans of film and the darkroom

As for myself, mostly into Polaroid these days but my film is slowly vanishing. About 300 shots left in my refrigerator. Happy that Fuji still makes packfilm though and actually a new "Polaroid" film is going to be released this month!

First photos I ever took and developed(film & prints)myself.

Canon EOS 650/Ilford HP5

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

Venice, city of textures.

sain't

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

superturbotaco, have you heard of? http://www.the-impossible-project.com/2009

this was an attempt to revive the old polaroid factory in Enschede. they made a working polaroid in september last year. plans to market it are still in the air.

interest1, do you have anymore pictures of people (portraits) in your travel pics? this is a grail subject for me in terms of picture taking.

Comment

• SuperTurboTaco
                              • Oct 2009

Yes indeed I have heard of the impossible project. That is what I was referring to in my last post. Looking forward to seeing it but not looking forward to seeing the price of it! I really hope it succeeds, must have taken a shit load of work to get it produced. Polaroid is such a great film, I know a lot of people associate it with instant party shots and its iconic white boarders, but it is far more than that.

Comment

• interest1
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                                interest1, do you have anymore pictures of people (portraits) in your travel pics? this is a grail subject for me in terms of picture taking.
                                Endersgame, here are some people pictures from my travels you might like. I'm in no way a good photographer, but I do know what moves me. People are the most fascinating subject, hands-down–whether at home or on the other side of the planet. And for me, traveling to a foreign place without the benefit of interacting with its local people, isn't being a traveler at all–it's just being a tourist.

Really beautiful shot of the lily, Endersgame. Just perfect.

SuperTurboTaco These are the first shots you ever took and developed yourself? I'm blown away. Beyond incredible.

Avantster This should be one of those iconic posters of Paris. Classic.

First 2 photos taken at Ta Prohm Temple of Angkor Wat, near Siem Reap, Cambodia

Little Peddler.

Young monks of Yangon. Yangon, Myanmar (formerly Rangoon, Burma). I was surprised to find all sets of eyes open when I looked at this shot! With 2 dozen faces, usually someone is caught blinking or looking away. I got really lucky with this one. Not many people visit Myanmar since the military junta overthrew the government, imposing anti-democracy propaganda onto its citizens while ensuring their compliance with the presence of machine gun-carrying soldiers on the streets, so I think these young monks were just as surprised to see me as I was to see them.

Young fisherman. Inle Lake, Myanmar (Burma).

Lotus weaver. Inle Lake, Myanmar (Burma). You wanna talk about artisanal clothing? It doesn't get more authentic than this.

Selina's tot. Negril, Jamaica. The fact that the horizontal lines of this little guy's t-shirt are the exact colors of the vertical lines of the backdrop made for the best possible coincidence.

Schoolgirls of Sa Dec. Sa Dec, Vietnam. I took these from a car window. Sa Dec, btw, is where Marguerite Duras' film, The Lover, was shot.

Last edited by interest1; 01-19-2010, 02:13 PM. Reason: Fit of conscience.
                                sain't

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎