Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cowsareforeating
    • Jan 2011

^ life advice always appreciated; now is this encouraging sticking to your guns or is this encouraging giving in (i understand there is no absolute...)

Comment

• gone
      • Oct 2009

What I do is really not fashion related at all... anyway.

I'm studying for a masters degree in plasma physics. I will be getting my thesis topic in about a week, it will probably have something to do with nonlinear waves or turbulent transport in plasmas, so next year I will begin my thesis project which will take me a year.

I do some lecturing and science communication on the side, and it is really fun talking about science to people with a different background.

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by StatlerWaldorf
        tobsucht,

wind turbine's are beautiful to watch in action. i have a question for you, have you ever seen a vagina? just messing with you. a simple "i am a grad engineer student with rhino skills" would have sufficed here.
        Have you?
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• luke
          • Mar 2011

i'm a front-end developer / designer. i work with javascript and css3 mostly. i'm finishing up some work on a few different open source projects that i'll be releasing (hopefully) soon.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Luke is also the web designer for sz-mag.com :-)
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• aussy
              • Jul 2011

Received my BA in Political Science almost a year ago. Since then I've been working at a high end, boutiquey independent music retailer. Doing product photography and management, website maintenance, graphic design, some marketing stuff, business communications, etc. Under payed, but using it to build my resume. Applied to a few entry level positions in NYC seeking 'professional growth' but to no avail.

Any suggestions on what step I should take next? Noticed a few forum members work in similar fields.

Comment

• volta
                • May 2009

details on the account suicide above? that slowclap gif always comes in handy.
                Last edited by volta; 10-13-2011, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• josecc
                  • Feb 2012

It is really nice to see there are many economist interested in garments discussed in this site. I worked as a research economist in the Ministry of Finance of my country (Mexico) and now I am studying a PhD in Economics in UK, I am in the first year and I realized that I have to learn. So, cheers to all the people who have found passion and meaning for their style.

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                    • Oct 2011

At present I'm a first-year student at Washington state's Amazon/Microsoft/Google peon farm pursuing a double degree in Computer Science and Finance. Hobbies include moonlighting at a local startup (internship #5, starting to get a bit bored of them), running a consulting business, and furiously working on Y-Combinator, MassChallenge, and TechStar applications for my pet project of the past ~year, a suite of tools to help eating disorder sufferers in outpatient with their recovery.

Should that avenue close for whatever reason, there's always Google or Goldman ><

Comment

• shah
                      • Jul 2009

Currently helping someone figure out how to live forever by means of pseudo-alchemy. My apologies, but I cannot expand any further on the matter.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Let us know how it goes.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• shah
                          • Jul 2009

well, I have no interest in eternal life myself. So I can't really be sure if it works as I don't expect to be around long enough to be certain. It's quite at the preliminary stages, as you might imagine. It involves taking advantage of your inner workings to create something that otherwise exists quite rarely within you, and coupling that system with what [theoretically] prevents aging.

I hope to share some links in due time that can further expound on this overzealous effort.

Comment

• ACM
                            • Jan 2011

Currently, I am a sophomore fashion design/merchandising/piano major at Kent State University. I spent my freshman year studying piano and management at the Cleveland Institute of Music and Case Western Reserve University.

Working mostly as a freelance musician, I am permanently employed as a church pianist in Cleveland, and am constantly being hired around the area from musicals, weddings, auditions, private concerts, among many other events.

I am planning on applying for internships, preferably with Barneys, next Spring. I ultimately want to end up as a buyer for them.

Comment

• Magic1
                              • Jan 2011

Currently finishing up my BA in Philosophy. I've been a professional magician for 8 years, working private functions and publicly at the Magic Castle, in Hollywood. I specialize in sleight of hand close up magic with an emphasis in cards. Not sure if I want to pursue the field more as my interest is shifting toward the fashion industry. But I'll certainly continue performing on the side until my career path is more clear.

Comment

• Magic1
                                • Jan 2011

great meeting you too merz! Hopefully I'll come by again soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎