Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

I kind of feel like we need to bring back public shaming. Specifically, whoever made Microsoft Word capitalize the letter I every fucking time I write it needs to be paraded around the country so that people everywhere can throw things at him.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

yeah there's so many things about Microsoft operating systems that are just terribly inefficient. It's the small things that aggravate us the most. I much prefer the old Word to the current Word on my Vista operating system.
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

J&D’s Specialty Foods is all about the flavor of bacon! Our Bacon Salt products make everything taste like bacon. Whether you're a bacon lover, vegetarian, or follow a kosher diet, you can savor the flavors of J&D's Bacon Salt and enjoy the taste of bacon without sacrificing your dietary restrictions.
        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

glasgow mega lulz
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

can someone please teach me who to embed the video...
            Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

if you're doing it in a blog

there's an embed link on the right hand side of the page. just copy that whole blurb of HTML coding and paste it into your blog entry.
              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Cheney indicted by grand jury for organized crime!? what?

More news coming out of TX... Cheney is accused of investing some $85 million in the Vanguard Group that houses federal inmates. The grand jury a
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                  There's been a lot written about that guy being cured. The consensus seems to be "it's very good science, and very cool . It can't scale, and is unlikely to be the basis for a widespread cure." I haven't checked the NYT article, but New Scientist basically explains that it's a very time consuming, expensive, inpatient procedure with a 30% fatality rate, which requires a donor from the 1% of the populace with a gene mutation who is compatible with your body.

Hopefully, it will be something that can save a few people a year, and hopefully, they find a way to propagate this gene without bone marrow transplant!

People like albert will be painfully aware that I'm parroting what I read, and have no idea how medicine works.
                  don't put yourself down :) you can learn and understand a hell of a lot just by reading up on things.

Its definitely an interesting case but like you said, it was The Perfect Fluke. The more viable cases for actual HIV cure potential are those patients who don't seem to be able to be infected (I read another article on this bone marrow case... Was the donor one of these? I can't remember ). Its a matter at least in part due to the cell receptors being different in these patients so the virus can't bind to infect.

Needless to say, a drug based application of this may unfortunately be a ways away, but at least its a start no?

By the way, glad that prof had a sense of humor about the mixup! Hope it all works out!
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                    Its definitely an interesting case but like you said, it was The Perfect Fluke. The more viable cases for actual HIV cure potential are those patients who don't seem to be able to be infected (I read another article on this bone marrow case... Was the donor one of these? I can't remember ). Its a matter at least in part due to the cell receptors being different in these patients so the virus can't bind to infect.
                    Yes, the marrow donor was one of those. That appears to be the cause for the cure.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

gotcha :) couldn't write a response and check the article at the same time on the iPhone ;)

As I was writing my response I thought that this was probably the case but just couldn't remember fo sho
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kira
                        • Mar 2008

the dow is down again 5.6% -752.44- lowest level since 2002 7552.29.

the national gas average is down to $2.02/gallon.

Comment

• kira
                          • Mar 2008

sorry tried to paste the embedded code and just does not work for me

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

new worst way to die

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                              • Jan 2008

The Kiss Auguste Rodin(1889)

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                              Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰