X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endersgame
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
    Yes, they're made for a necklace. The appear sharp but are quite dull. It's more shine than sharp.
    i think this looks amazing. it's wonderful craftsmanship and the spotted patina looks very authentic.

but it's a very unusual piece of jewelry. perhaps your client is a butcher?

Comment

• munch
      • Aug 2008

I feel that I need one of those in my life... were they hard to make?

Comment

• Peasant
        • Jul 2009

They're not all that difficult to make. But you've got to have the right tools. They're a little labor intensive as well. You need a good blacksmith set up. Grinder with cutting wheel, drill press, sander... A forge is nice to, but not completely necessary.

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

very nice work Peasant....don't wear jewellery myself, but if I did I'd probably want something kind of like that.
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Vanna
            • May 2008

The cleaver is the only knife I use to chop stuff with. So versatile!

(Nice work!).
            Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• Enaml
              • Apr 2009

that looks really good, ganesa. Post some more pics when it's finished! Bestial, your project sounds quite interesting. As for the necklace... There's definitely a level of camp involved. Some people here could pull it off though, for sure.
              How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• bestial
                • Jun 2008

I'm having a small problem with the table. the concrete top has become a bit stripey. I have sanded it a little bit, but don't want to to that too much to avoid getting the bigger stones in the concrete to show. now it's a bit to blotched for my liking.

Comment

• try waxing it to even out the surface and polish it.

Comment

• bestial
                    • Jun 2008

been there done that, although I haven't polished with a machine, only by hand with a cloth. and now the wax is dry and I think I need to sand it of to do it again, looks like I've got some white spots of excessive wax.

Comment

• bestial
                      • Jun 2008

I'm going crazy over this concrete! Here's a picture of the surface, you see the lines, I don't like them. Also the superfluous wax have dried and makes white marks. Have gone over it a few times with a dry sandpaper, don't make much difference. I don't dare to go on with a machine, don't want to take away too much of the concrete surface.

I wanted it raw and natural, but this is just bad.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

The lines might have something to do with the casting, might be hard to get rid of it in that case. Do you think you could add a thin layer of concrete? Maybe that would create an even surface
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
                          • Jun 2008

Yes, I'm beginning to think that myself. I used a shiny plywood (plyfa) in hope to not get any marks of the cast, but I have noticed that it has taken on some of the circular wood lines. I have been over it with a machine and wet sandpaper, so now it's better. This is probably the best I can get without doing another cast.

At the moment I'm oxidizing with egg and salt, had it outside all night but this damn snowstorm ain't the optimal weather for this. I'm now looking for a good varnish to seal the rust.

Comment

• bestial
                            • Jun 2008

made the final welding (only welding I've done myself) on the table today. I really love to weld, it feels modern utopia creative and working man labour at the same time! :D it was easy also, cause I borrowed the MIG-welder at work, so no extra sticks or anything, just go nuts over it.

will put some varnish over the rust tomorrow and then take it to my appartment for the final test, a nice little party with my friends.

Comment

• bestial
                              • Jun 2008

So, here's a couple of pictures of the table, I'm pleased with the result!

the not-so-scanidinavian-minimalist green carpet has a cute story to it. looking to get a new one from linnie design in the future

Comment

• thaiison
                                • Dec 2009

that table looks great man! I like the simple design and how raw the metal looks from the first pic. Bra jobbat!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎