Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Who?
    • Aug 2007

Whitney- The wallet is around 14x24x2.5cm so its probably a bit smaller than Mona's, though I am going to work on the design to make it about the same size with pockets instead of card slots. The leather is a 6oz calf, perfect weight and density for holding the shape but still being flexible enough to fold. Below is a shot of the leather before any treatment.

Mona- Thanks, the color had more depth to it before the treatment but you are correct steam and low heat. It set the creases very well and allows the leather to stretch a little to fit into the from created by the folds.

WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

just finished this:

2160x700mm, 5mm raw steel L-profile
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• DRRRK
        • Aug 2009

Beautiful. I envy your and Christian's craftsmanship. I bet what you can see in the mirror is even cooler than the mirror itself.

Comment

• nictan
          • Jul 2009

lowrey: may i know what camera you are using? thanks!

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

canon 550d
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
              • Mar 2009

Mirror looks fantatstic Lowrey!

NITCAN: 1 woman, 1 V, No persuasion, a million possibilities
              merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

Shye I dig your ethos.

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                are you referring to the girl or the photograph?
                this is one of the funniest things I've read on the board this week. Thanks E
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• thomcat
                  • May 2009

I hope this is not a wrong place to post these:

but recently we (a college photography group) had to deal with the subject "das Böse - (evil, vicious, bad etc.. i realised it doesnt really have a direct translation in english)" in a photographic manner and here is what ive come up with:

a friend of mine commented that i really am taking a "fashion photography" route eventhough i didnt intend to with these photos. I would like to share it here cos, well the people in college talk about an aspect of it (excluding the styling aspect) and maybe some of you might find it interesting.

Comment

• I see a hint of a concept, but I think it can be developed further. I don't know the time frame you had to deal with, but it looks like embryos to something that could grow if you investigate more in what is considered evil, why it is evil, what we feel confronting the evil, fleeing from it, ignoring it, and so on. I don't see an articulated view point or a reflecting, merely some people looking a bit scary, but i have no idea where they're coming from or why they're the way they are in the photos.

Are these the final shots, or were these a few picks from a larger series? I don't see any correspondence inbetween the pictures.

Comment

• thomcat
                      • May 2009

hey heirloom.

no this is not a series. there is a series that is being displayed but i just randomly picked out a few pics. for example the last pic did not even made it in the series in the end. the intention i have/ had is really quite difficult to articulate here.

the questions you poised were all definitely intended to be confronted by the recipients. but i was intending to be abstract as possible. most ppl who saw the initial pics thought immediately of apocalypse, the hollocaust etc because of the gas mask. im not saying they are not intended but not just. so i didnt want anything concrete at all. most of the other pics are of them (the guy had a gas mask on at all times in the series) in various locations in a sorta detached manner to their environment, which is then detached to the outside world (i framed the series with 2 pics of clouds on either side). but as you can read, im sure it isnt really that easy to visualise..

Comment

• MoFiya
                        • Sep 2007

Yeah, but besideds your intention of being as abstract as possible and thus are willing the viewer to infer their own interpretation, you still need to give the whole thing more of a structure... I mean, the pictures are too abstract and, well, normal in way. I personally wouldn't even define them as abstract but rather as unfocused. Abstract, for me, is when something causes emotions (in this particular case your intention might be fear), and I cant really tell why. There is nothing special about these shots, nothing you dont understand. Especially when it comes to unpleasant emotions I feel the best way is is creating a feeling of uncomfortableness in the viewer and he cant even tell why. In your shots, the attribution of (eventually felt) arousal is too obvious.

My 2 cents :)
                        I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                        But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• shima
                          • Jan 2009

Oh wow, there are so many great things in this thread. I have only looked through the last few pages so far, but I'll keep looking in to it.
                          Especially liked the table from Bestial, the prints from Shye, the mirror from lowrey and the two first photos from thomcat.

Comment

• mesko
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                            are you referring to the girl or the photograph?
                            The van, of course!

Comment

• sistersuzie
                              • Jun 2010

lowrey, it's awesome

cotton and corn blend
                              sheep burial

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

thanks!

that looks neat, how long does it take to make something like that?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎