Re: .

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

bumping this since I made something a couple of days ago:</p>

</p>

</p>

took several paint coats to get the right gothninja shade [86]</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Mike thank you for posting this. It is now the inspiration for my new place. My project will consist of (depending on the parts available) a desk, night stand, wardrobe, couch and book case. The Lego kid in me is thrilled.
    </p>
    WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• B.S
      • Nov 2007

Re: .

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>
      <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

we were missing a light fixture so I decided to make something from toolbox leftovers and a broken ceiling light:

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

/\ ha, that's so cool!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

here is something else I recently worked on, I came across this late 19th century table top which looked really cool and beat up, so I decided to use it as a coffee table. I made the frame out of 25mm rectangular iron rail.

this is something I did for our bedroom, its very simple storage system as I wanted it to look as much like a blank wall as possible. I had a carpenter make the doors as I wouldn't have had the resources nor skill to make them

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Arcane
              • Jul 2008

You do the welding yourself?
              Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

yea, had the place where I bought the metal cut the pieces though, as I needed 45 degree angles in the corners and didn't have proper equipment to do it well myself.

Comment

• Arcane
                  • Jul 2008

Looking good. I've always wanted to learn but never got around to it. Is it hard?
                  Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• bestial
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
                    Looking good. I've always wanted to learn but never got around to it. Is it hard?
                    I found it less harder than I thought. Had to weld a stand for some ceramics we did at school. It was so basic it could be and just some point-welding (punktsvetsning?), but I did manage to do it pretty quick for it to be my first time.

Gues the hardest parts is to get it even and in a line, and also not to "weld up" the things you already welded togheter, so they loosens.

Note: I don't say that I KNOW how to weld, but I guess one could learn to do basic stuff pretty fast.

Mike: You do awesome things, really like to have things in my apartment that I've done myself. I have a coffetable that I did the design for when I finished high school. And for the time being I'm doing an installation at school, including metal, a backbone and hip and some fabrics, will probably show it when it's done.

EDIT: And of course! I play in a band http://www.myspace.com/endoramusik

Comment

• rn28
                      • Jun 2008

my graduate collection from last year

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rn28 View Post
                        my graduate collection from last year

http://www.pbase.com/frozenframes/_fashion_
                        This is really good!!! Congrats! Tailoring, leather, shearling in a graduate collection - awesome, you take no prisoners!
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
                          ¤¤¤
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                          this is something I did for our bedroom, its very simple storage system as I wanted it to look as much like a blank wall as possible. I had a carpenter make the doors as I wouldn't have had the resources nor skill to make them
                          Looks good, I really like this. How does it open?
                          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• rn28
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            This is really good!!! Congrats! Tailoring, leather, shearling in a graduate collection - awesome, you take no prisoners!
                            Thank Faust!

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
                              yea what bestial said, its not that hard once you get the hang of it. I've only welded once or twice in addition to a school woodwork class ten years ago.

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
                              Looks good, I really like this. How does it open?
                              thanks, the doors have pop locks or whatever they are called in english, you just press on them.

Comment

I'm quite into photography, and just assembled a small website with a selection of photos. Still very sparse, so some shots might lack in cnotext, but I'm planning to put alot of effort in this soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎