Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Czx
    • Feb 2011

Agreed. It felt like I was reading myself as I wrote something like that over and over. It's something you notice only after reading someone else's stuff. I'll add "just go mad" to what FTB said.
    néant
    Last.FM paranoia
    Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
    0 > ∞

Comment

• KarissmaYve
      • Feb 2012

Thanks for your responses! I will take this in and see what comes of it. I was especially restrained when writing that, so I can see why you say this. However, for me I think it properly articulates how I was feeling at that moment.

I can assume that the other works had little to no impact on either of you though?
      Particularly the garments. Having no formal training in any of these fields or proper critiquing, I'd like to see what it is that you have to say.

Comment

• Czx
        • Feb 2011

It matters the most that it properly articulates what you were feeling, don't get me wrong. And it's pretty much always like that, even if the (insert whatever creative piece) you made is shit (not refering to anything particular here, just generaly speaking, we all make shit pieces from time to time).
        It's of utmost importance to properly see the object of one's creation both as an canvas of emotional outing and an art form. One is uncriticable and purely own, subjective and impossible to be judged objectively (fuck off ethics and all that) while the other is prone to being called what it deserves to be called, or what it doesn't. It took me quite a while to reach that understanding and for example (I stopped writing when I no longer had depression, I used writing as a one uses a punchbag) in the process of creating electronic music it means for me to understand that technical tools are a necessary evil to getting my thoughts out and I have to work within various limitations (I think of making justice to the form as one of them) to reach a proper bridge between one's imagination and the form which is what is needed for a proper understanding of the piece by other people. I'm a strict beliver that there is a form everywhere in creative process, even when one's creations don't resemble anything else in the world. Yes, noise music also.
        A good understanding of that relation really helps in getting into the "zone" where your creations are really you. Hence "just go mad". This understanding stays purely in subconcious after it's reached.
        I know this may be pretty obvious or something but I'm telling you that because I neither have any training in any field of those that I'm working within (I mean if you don't count 2 years of keyboard playing like 10 years ago or so, and I don't - it was bullshit.) and I have learned that by being critiqued and sending pretty much every single thing I wrote to my friend/friends/humanities teacher for critique, I have never thought of making art like that before.

As for ze other stuff:
        I really love the room. I mean I wouldn't live like that but I really like what you did to the place, it's my kind of aesthetic.
        I can't comment on the garments currently as I'm a bit (a big bit) out of the game currently but as far as I can tell they seem nice and I like some of the touches that you made there.

Btw. do you by a chance have a tall mirror somewhere against that wall? I could really use a photo like that in b/w of just the mirror against such wall.
        néant
        Last.FM paranoia
        Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
        0 > ∞

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

i don't really know enough about garment design to comment on them. i liked your photos in the SZ Bulletin Board you just posted.

i am self taught in drawing/painting as well, have been drawing for about a year and started moving into paint a few months ago. i wrote poetry beginning a few years back but realized it was really just therapy and not poetry so i stopped for a few years. over the past 3-4 months i picked it up again and started writing more seriously and studying the craft by reading other poets. it helps as a writer to read more, that is the only real education or training there can be for the craft.
          Last edited by Fade to Black; 03-28-2013, 05:58 AM.
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Lane
            • Aug 2010

you tend to pour your heart into things when its therapeutic. Good thing you started again. Going to school is a waste most of the time unless you get a good mentor or something. Talkin outta my ass but its whatever.

Comment

• qazwsx
              • Feb 2012

^
              lane, first you're selling your entire closet cuz you care no more, now you're dropping out of school. I totally agree going to school without really knowing what you're doing except finishing this duty is a totally waste of time and parent's money, but well, I don't have the balls to do so. May i respectfully ask what you're planning? just curious.

"Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• Lane
                • Aug 2010

LOL
                ok
                Last edited by Lane; 04-13-2013, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• Muzuen
                  • May 2012

Lifedrawing conceptual project

A cover page that I've designed last year for an assignment.
                  Compressed charcoal + Vine charcoal + Pastel on newsprint

And one of the pages that was put up for display
                  Graphite Pencil then photoshopped

Comment

• ████████
                    • Aug 2010

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

sorry for the repost. but if you've been following this thread you may recall that near the top of this page i posted an oil painting titled "The Leer." Well, I deleted that post because I just painted over it. It's finished now:

Untitled, Oil on linen, 24 X 20 inches
                      www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

sick stuff, those last 3 posts!
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ████████
                          • Aug 2010

Comment

• ████████
                            • Aug 2010

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

Untitled, Charcoal on paper, 24 X 17 inches
                              Last edited by Fade to Black; 04-07-2013, 12:21 PM.
                              www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Muzuen
                                • May 2012

Here's a study I did a while back. I Referenced one of InAisce's model shoots from F/W '11.. I think.

Digital Painting on Photoshop.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎