X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Secretside
    • Jul 2008

Re: Did you know?

hang in there, kira! I've never undergone one of those (I'd cry like a little child), but I've heard some horror stories.
    </p>

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="kira"]

A patch test allergy test from a dermatologist consists of sticking big taped pieces of allergens to your back. Then, they put another layer of tape over that to keep it secure, which does not work. Then, you must keep them on for 72 hours. You can not exercise, take a deep bath, or get your back wet at all. You go back at the end of the 72 hours at which point they will look at all of the little irritated spots on your back and tell you what you are allergic to. </p>

I am on my 9th hour. [:(]
      </p>

[/quote]</p>

So sorry Kira :(</p>

Yeah the classic grid allergen test. There is unfortunately no more efficient way to find out what you're allergic to you know?</p>

Hang in there! Maybe wearing something that's snug to the body will hold them in place better and bother you less?</p>
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kira
        • Mar 2008

Thanks guys. [51] I have had smaller scratch tests where they use needles to inject the allergen right underneath the skin. But that was on my forearm and upper arm. This is much harder than I expected. I cant reach anything. I cant tell if it is the tape that is itching or the test. I feel like I have body armor on, besides that it probably looks horrible. Not that I can really see it since it is on my back.[86] I already had to go and meet one of my friends and have them retape me b/c the tape had started to pull away...[72] I think this week is just meant to not be an easy week.[:(]
        Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

Go Kira, be strong!
          </p>

Really, Albert?[:(]
          I've had the 'prick' test many years ago on my forearm where they prick your skin with a needle and apply drops of liquid allergen in a grid. The results were available much faster, but you ended up with a funny grid of scabs on your arm (didn't leave any scars). Perhaps that's outdated..</p>

edit: oh, you've already had that! wasn't that one enough?
          </p>
          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

i need this emoticon!!!!!!!! I absolutely [64] it. </p>

The prick test was not easy either, but I think there is more room for error there? Albert? not sure. The woman that did the one on my arm went too deep and my arm was full of bruises for 2 wks... I know in the end this is a good thing, b/c the alternative is way too traumatic. I need to find the cause. But I also have the thought that what if i dont find the cause with this round. then, there will be more tests...[72]</p>

</p>

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: 12px; "><h1 class="storyheadline" style="font-size: 32px; font-weight: bold; margin-top: 15px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); ">Dollar plumbs new low versus euro</h1><div><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: 32px; font-weight: bold;">http://money.cnn.com/2008/07/15/markets/dollar/index.htm<br class="webkit-block-placeholder"></span></div></span>
              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="kira"]

[/quote]</p>

Done. Hang in there, and I'll buy you a ticket to Dark Knight at IMAX.</p>

On a SECRET SIDE note, I love your new avatar. [73]</p>
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Secretside
                  • Jul 2008

just for you, Faust. just for you.
                  </p>

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="SECRETSIDE"]

just for you, Faust. just for you.
                    </p>

[/quote]</p>

[51]</p>
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: 12px;"><h1 class="storyheadline" style="margin: 15px 0px 10px; font-size: 32px; font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Dollar plumbs new low versus euro</h1><div><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: 32px; font-weight: bold;">http://money.cnn.com/2008/07/15/markets/dollar/index.htm<br class="webkit-block-placeholder"></span></div></span>[/quote]</p>

Thank our government, namely their mismanaged behemoths Freddie and Fanny.</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                        • Mar 2008

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="kira"]

[/quote]</p>

Done. Hang in there, and I'll buy you a ticket to Dark Knight at IMAX.</p>

On a SECRET SIDE note, I love your new avatar. [73]</p>

[/quote]</p>

Thank you sooooo much for the emoticon [51] I am sure that I will use it along with the others frequently. I see that pea pod used it before i did. [86] </p>

i am not here for opening weekend of Dark Knight, i am in LA [:'(][74] but if you have not seen it by the time i get back count me in definitely !!!!!
                        </p>

Comment

• kira
                          • Mar 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"][quote user="kira"]

A patch test allergy test from a dermatologist consists of sticking big taped pieces of allergens to your back. Then, they put another layer of tape over that to keep it secure, which does not work. Then, you must keep them on for 72 hours. You can not exercise, take a deep bath, or get your back wet at all. You go back at the end of the 72 hours at which point they will look at all of the little irritated spots on your back and tell you what you are allergic to. </p>

I am on my 9th hour. [:(]
                          </p>

[/quote]</p>

So sorry Kira :(</p>

Yeah the classic grid allergen test. There is unfortunately no more efficient way to find out what you're allergic to you know?</p>

Hang in there! Maybe wearing something that's snug to the body will hold them in place better and bother you less?</p>

[/quote]</p>

dr neglected to tell me that it takes 48hrs for the allergic reaction to start happening when it comes to a contact allergen- looked it up and read about it- so basically everyday the itching is going to get worse until they take the patches off thursday morning.- only 32 more hours to go- i am going to start looking like cat rubbing up against walls in order to scratch my back [86] </p>

then will remove them just in time to walk around in LA or Taos in a bathing suit with red splotches all over my damn back [71]</p>

but kira remains strong [88] (had to use it)
                          </p>

Comment

• kira
                            • Mar 2008

OMG. the last twelve hours are the absolute worst. [71] i am not sure if i am going to make it. i can not reach the spots that are itching on my back. and i think it is literally driving me insane.[70]

Comment

• Avantster
                              ¤¤¤
                              • Sep 2006

Keep fighting, Kira.
                              </p>

By the way, what brought about the tests in the first place?
                              </p>
                              let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• kira
                                • Mar 2008

i love that emoticon too- where do you guys find these. or maybe you should not tell me. i already have a problem using them...</p>

um. the tests. since the winter, this weird thing comes and goes on my eyes. they get really dry (eczema patches) and then get really red and itch- normal ezcema. but when it gets really irritated because it is on my eyes they swell and i look like someone beat me to a pulp... not to mention that it is really uncomfortable and so traumatizing to have to walk around like that- i had to become accustomed to wearing sunglasses everywhere, inside and outside. it will clear up for a few weeks and then come back. so the dr said that it is most likely caused by something that i am coming in contact with every so often, that i am not aware of... thus the numbered swatches on my back as an attempt to try to figure out what that something is. hopefully there will not be a round two.
                                </p>

</p>

</p>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎