X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patroklus
    Banned
    • Feb 2011

but if all my FLAC files don't make me a superior listener to the plebeians, how else will I conspicuously differentiate myself on the internet and at parties?

Comment

• doldrums
      • Dec 2008

...what are people using for found-sound sampling these days?...last i was doing this, just used a mic and a mini-disc player (obviously its been a while) and then processed with wavves/max msp/reaktor. Any recommendations for a good digital sampler that I can port over quick via usb etc?

Comment

• coup de grace
        x
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
        ...what are people using for found-sound sampling these days?...last i was doing this, just used a mic and a mini-disc player (obviously its been a while) and then processed with wavves/max msp/reaktor. Any recommendations for a good digital sampler that I can port over quick via usb etc?
        i have been trying to talk myself into this field recorder for a while; it comes highly recommended.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Are there good add-ons for scheduling email delivery in gmail? You'd think this is something gmail would provide.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endorphinz
            Banned
            • Jun 2009

^^^
            u could consider a Sony tcd d8.... digital walkman recorder that uses DAT. u can pick a used one up pretty cheaply.
            I have one that I haven't used in years but I like looking @ it.

Comment

• MaxM
              • Sep 2009

do u have a DAC ?? i cant hear a lot of improvement either but well i dont have a DAC i have cds and vinyls which sound better than my mp3s tho obviously.

but as patroklus said in theory lossless + dac should be the most accurate setup.

Originally posted by Dane View Post
              Then it's agreed...I was right and you were wrong. Now do some comparisons to see if you can actually tell the difference between 320 and flac.

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by MaxM View Post
                do u have a DAC ?? i cant hear a lot of improvement either but well i dont have a DAC i have cds and vinyls which sound better than my mp3s tho obviously.

but as patroklus said in theory lossless + dac should be the most accurate setup.
                In theory, yes, lossless + dac is the most accurate...my point was whether or not the human ear (at least mine, anyway) can actually hear the difference.

And yes, I have a dac...but once again, heard no difference and don't use it anymore. It wasn't high-end (was about $200), so could be that. Whatevs.
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• endorphinz
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2009

the new macs ship today and look very impressive. I would buy 1 immediately but I now realize I need a windows machine. I use too many windows only apps and have lots of proprietary files made with them that I couldn't open on a mac unless I ran windows.
                  I've been waitin for asus to release its new zenbook prime. I hope today's mac releases puts pressure on asus to get their new machines out soon... like tomorrow.

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

Retina displays, my only weakness...
                    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

just got a HTC One S. Not quite as boss as the One X, but I couldn't bear the size. This easily beats my Nexus S, the camera in particular seems great (same on the One S and X apparently)
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                        Retina displays, my only weakness...
                        ditto
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• neodym
                          • Jan 2009

Yeah, maybe no more buying clothes for a while, my old 13" pro feels kinda boring now.

endorphinz: Have you tried running bootcamp? It really works great, but it's of course time consuming to have to reboot to switch OS..

Comment

• Unexist
                            • May 2012

I thought they will release also macbook air not only macbook pro ((((

As i understand they will be in store really soon ?

Comment

• endorphinz
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009

I really don't wanna buy a mac to run windows. anyway. I bought the old MacBook air 3 weeks ago @ bestbuy knowing I would return it. ( bb 30 day return with no re stocking fee is great)
                              I just wanted to get the feel of a Mac and osx. tbh. I really wasn't impressed with the os. it prob was cuz I have used windows for so long. anyway, my patience is really wearing thin . I know there will be dozens/100's of new ivy bridge ultrabooks and laptops released in the next couple of months but I need one NOW. using an iPhone as a computer is getting very tiresome.

Comment

• theetruscan
                                • Jan 2008

I'd run windows to get that resolution. Fortunately, I don't have to. Unfortunately, I don't have that resolution.
                                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎