X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kira
    • Mar 2008

Re: technology - iphone 3g

[quote user="dji"]there is little chance of there been a line on the 2nd day. no other interface can even compare to the iPhone's, it really takes no time at all for it to become completely natural to use.
    [/quote]</p>

i am really good with technology, kind of geeky about it. i just want to be able to touch and pull my fingers to expand the screen that is all- totally stupid... but you cant do that on a blackberry. quick question though- can you have 4 emails on an iphone?</p>
    Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

it supports multiple email addresses so you should be able to configure it for 4 emails easily enough kira

Comment

• kira
        • Mar 2008

[quote user="dji"]it supports multiple email addresses so you should be able to configure it for 4 emails easily enough kira
        [/quote]</p>

am sold then- sick of the damn track ball that has now started to stick after 7 months... probably just fuzz but i really dont feel like taking a part the ball and cleaning it. - nice justification for getting a new toy. [86]</p>
        Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

I'll be getting one sooner or later, just waiting for the crappy plans to offer a better data rate pricing.
          </p>

The thought of an all in one device that I can organise myself with on the move and synchronise at work//home is what sold me.
          </p>
          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

the optus $59 cap plan (+$7 monthly handset repayment for the 16gb over 24 months) is probably the best value deal here in Australia, $350 worth of calls and text and 500mb of data should suffice for most people.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

<P mce_keep="true"></P>

haha its hilarious, kids are lining up for the iphone here and the prices are absolutely ridicilous, its only available through a plan/subscription option thing (whatever those are called) and totals at around ?500for the phone itself[74]</P>

I know its cheap in the US, but I wonder what the prices are like in other countries? this has to be among the most expensive and most retarded levels.</P>
              <P mce_keep="true"></P>
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Avantster
                ¤¤¤
                • Sep 2006

the price of the iphone dropped because it's being subsidised by A&amp;T. but being tied to a carrier shouldn't last for long, in the states, anyway. </p>

the switch to "cash now" from "ongoing revenue" looks
                much better if Apple plans to bail on AT&amp;T soon. (Assuming $300 in
                subsidies, and a doubling of sales due to the price drop, Apple pockets
                an extra $400 (another phone sale) and loses Apple's 30% take per month
                on around $70 in AT&amp;T revenue, (probably more like $100). That
                looks to me like a breakeven for Apple after 18 months. But if Apple
                was giving up 3-4 years of contract revenue, Apple is taking a loss.
                </p>

What does this say about Apple's expectations for: A. Sales growth due
                to the subsidies. B. Length of the AT&amp;T relationship? ...
                </p>

</p>

what apple is doing for the phone market is actually really great. more here.
                </p>

</p>
                let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Avantster"]

I'll be getting one sooner or later, just waiting for the crappy plans to offer a better data rate pricing.
                  </p>

The thought of an all in one device that I can organise myself with on the move and synchronise at work//home is what sold me.
                  </p>

[/quote]</p>

I thought it was the US that had the shittiest cell service in the developed world (and Internet, too)?</p>
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

i'm gonna kop dis. no doubt.
                    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

BTW, if anyone wants to get out of their Tmobile contract - call 1-800-FAUST-ME</p>

Well, no - but Tmobile is raising the price of SMS to 20cents (yes, Avantster, 20c), and they are letting anyone who does not have unlimited messaging out for free - good timing to switch to <strike>Geico </strike>ATT and get that iPhone.</p>
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

i need to find a loophole for verizon.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]I may bite, I don't know. I can get out of my Tmobie contract. I honestly don't need an iPhone by any stretch of imagination. They are bulky. [72]
                          [/quote]</p>

</p>

Fausters, you can use it with t-mobile no problem. Just use the application called iLiberty. Super easy, unlocks the phone in 5 minutes with 2 mouse clicks. You can also add 3rd party apps. Doesn't hurt the phone, you can roll with t-mobile and... best part is you can play SNES/NES/Game Boy Advance/PSx/Sega Genesis on it!!!!
                          </p>
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

/\ that's true. i unlocked my wife's with Zphone or something like that - works well. Only she does not have a data plan, so it's kinda useless. Also, ATT has better coverage in my experience (not that it matters in NYC that much).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

at the moment (i'm sure it'll change like tomorrow), you can't unlock the new iphone. you have to service it or whatever the term is at the at&amp;t store or at the apple store. from my understanding, you can't leave the store with it not serviced.</p>

edit: does anyone know if the new iphone will be capatible with g4 machines? i still have a g4 17" powerbook.
                              </p>

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Very interesting....</p>

sneaky apple. What a shame though as there are so many amazing 3rd party apps that are damn sure not going to make it into Apple's official app adding program... and certainly not for free. Boo.</p>
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎