• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
    looked at some av forum, i recall $3500 msrp..
    It must be pretty special to charge 50% of retail after 4 years.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

That's normal - usually high end a/v gear goes for about 70% of retail.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MaxM
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dane View Post
        audio magazines are about as trust worthy as fashion/beauty magazines...read with apprehension...they're selling products.
        hence the "supposedly". i dont know a lot bout amp tech, but this tech is said to be based on a hybrid A/D chip which seems to be a revolution and drastically improve the sound quality. i dont really care bout that since that amp costs 12K and i consider that too much, but whats interesting is this article i read recently where they said they are looking to integrate that chip in more affordable amps and ultimately make it available to mass products (and sell the chip tech to all audio manufacturers).

WTB : http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...ad.php?t=16112

Comment

• munch
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Unexist View Post
          What advatages of using this phone ?

Read a review about it and dont get it.
          I just like the looks, it's quite small, waterproof and sturdy. good camera too it seems. I have no idea about what the OS is like though.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by volta
            deepest black levels. the display only emits very very little light, which sounds simple by itself, but since no one has been able to copy that yet.. go figure. this allows you get an image how it was meant to be, black as black with clearer, more defined colours, and not some dim-grey piece of !@#* that washes out the colours and loom the whole picture. next time, compare how many tv's of today has a picture as black as the panel theyre built upon. none.
            And none of it will matter to 99% of the people, unless you put two TVs next to each other.

I agree though - Pioneer really does build quality electronics. My Pioneer BR is from 2008 and I wouldn't change it for anything.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by MaxM View Post
              hence the "supposedly". i dont know a lot bout amp tech, but this tech is said to be based on a hybrid A/D chip which seems to be a revolution and drastically improve the sound quality. i dont really care bout that since that amp costs 12K and i consider that too much, but whats interesting is this article i read recently where they said they are looking to integrate that chip in more affordable amps and ultimately make it available to mass products (and sell the chip tech to all audio manufacturers).
              My opinion - so take for what it's worth - amps don't change the sound quality. They power things, that's all. If they're strong enough to power your speakers, one won't sound different from another.

That's naturally a controversial opinion, and mine isn't the most experienced of opinions, so take that for what it's worth. I hadn't even thought about the concept until a stodgy old audio critic was pretty much ousted from the audio community for saying it.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Patroklus
                Banned
                • Feb 2011

having problems troubleshooting a brand new problem with my laptop

after about thirty minutes or running in normal mode, or just a few minutes of trying to run any video game, the monitor will cut to static for a minute before presenting me with a blue screen informing me that the display components have failed. However, it operates just fine in safe mode. That suggests that:

1) the display drivers are fine
                2) the monitor itself is fine.

So it's probably the graphics card itself malfunctioning, right? For whatever it's worth, the problem began when a program demanded that I updated Flash, and occurred while I was running it.

Comment

• endorphinz
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2009

it prob is the graphics chip itself but, in safe mode,I believe you are loading default os drivers so your assumption that the chips' drivers are ok may not be correct.

isn't the screen res different in safe mode?

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Sound like graphic card's ram to me, or even system ram.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Can somebody put the question of whether the new ipad is significantly better than ipad 2 to rest? Can you see the resolution difference? New iPad, $499+ tax, iPad 2 refurb $319+tax. That's a nice chunk of change.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endorphinz
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2009

iPhone 5

let the pre orders begin!

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Apple offered a hint of the name in its invitation to today's event, but it looks like a slip-up on its own website may have now let the cat of the bag. Searching for "iphone-5" brings up a number of results for (as yet nonexistent) pages related to a device that seems to clearly be called the "iPhone 5." What's more, as 9 to 5 Mac notes, there are also references to a "new iPod touch with Retina Display" and a new iPod nano, as well as a similar indication that iTunes 11 is set to be released today. Update: 9 to 5 Mac has also turned up another search result that would seem to confirm the presence of LTE in the new iPhone.

"Apple offered a hint of the name in its invitation to today's event, but it looks like a slip-up on its own website may have now let the cat of the bag. Searching for "iphone-5" brings up a number of results for (as yet nonexistent) pages related to a device that seems to clearly be called the "iPhone 5."

really? you mean, after 4 comes 5?

for fucks sake.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endorphinz
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2009

^ well 3 didn't come after 2 in the case of the iPad

Comment

• Crowzer
                              • Feb 2011

Cannot wait the see the "new" features of this iPhone 5. I have a iPhone 4 since 2010 and I do not know if I will change for the new one.
                              Last edited by Crowzer; 09-12-2012, 11:06 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Crowzer View Post
                                Cannot wait the see the "new" features of this iPhone 5. I have a iPhone 4 since 2010 and I do not know if I will change the new one.
                                I can't imagine I will bother...unless something extreme has changed. I'm more looking forward to the rumoured ipad mini!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎