• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endorphinz
    Banned
    • Jun 2009

PATIENCE

I didn't upgrade but will install the google app on my 5 once i receive it & apple approves the app. why did you guys upgrade? there isn't a jailbreak for ios 6 yet.... hs there?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

That new Apple plug, shooting themselves in the foot there. Of course it makes you wonder if Jobs approved it. Given that there is about 5 year lead in the labs, I suppose he did.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        That new Apple plug, shooting themselves in the foot there. Of course it makes you wonder if Jobs approved it. Given that there is about 5 year lead in the labs, I suppose he did.
        In a way, yes, but accessories market isn't complaining, and I highly doubt it would prevent too many from upgrading.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Yeah, it will be the next real test of Apple's prowess to change the markets. I actually thought there would be more of an outrage. I, for one, am not going to upgrade, since I have a few pieces of equipment with the old plug where you stick the iphone from top into the device. Unless they come up with an adapter that makes this possible.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endorphinz
            Banned
            • Jun 2009

again, patience. there will be 3rd party adapters,cables chargers..... everything on ebay in a month.

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Yeah, it will be the next real test of Apple's prowess to change the markets. I actually thought there would be more of an outrage. I, for one, am not going to upgrade, since I have a few pieces of equipment with the old plug where you stick the iphone from top into the device. Unless they come up with an adapter that makes this possible.
              i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Not good enough.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Czx
                  • Feb 2011

I must say I hardly see the point in upgrading my phone. I own an iPhone 4 with an old OS and I don't feel like I need anything more, yet alone pay for that. I feel like it's all only cosmetic and a money consuming well without a bottom. My friend upgraded not so long ago to Samsung Galaxy S3 from S2 and I didn't see the point at all. I don't need any of this functions and neither does he seem to need them. And apart from that - that phone is fucking huge.
                  I know what mobile will I be getting next, as my buisness one, an as old as possible Nokia. The best phones made ever, you could make a hole in a wall with the goddamned thing. My friends one was accidentialy drowned not so long ago to float a raft on the lake (most fun I had in a long time). Outcome? It worked still with quite a lot of water in it, after that we dried it piece by piece and it works perfectly.

Btw. Jesus, you guys really do pay a lot for the internet. I pay an equivalent of 6$ for 2GB of transfer, lol. Nevermind having a 500mb for free in my plan :c
                  néant
                  Last.FM paranoia
                  Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                  0 > ∞

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Not good enough.
                    Agreed, but an option.

The only docking station I own is a shitty $20 thing that I don't care about, so it's not a big deal for me, but if someone was to own a B&W Zeppelin or something like that, I can sympathize with the frustration.

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

I find it extremely ironic that people who have no problem spending the GNP of a third world country on clothes balk @ spending a few hundred $$$ on something that I now rely very heavily on..I use my iPhone continually throughout the day and rarely for the phone feature. I can not live without email and the web.

Hey, the new phone is faster & has a bigger display. earth shattering improvements? no,but the phone does everything. I really can't think of anything that is missing. (cordless charging? flash in safari?).
                      I dunno, a few hundred $$ on something that never leaves my side or a $1500 pair of boots. it's not even close.... not for me anyway.

and, you can sell your old phone if you want.

typed on an iphone 4

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

As CZX says, iPhone 4 is good enough. I can't think of anything 5 does that I would want. The only reason I'll consider it is when I qualify for an upgrade, so I can unlock my old iphone and use it when I travel in Europe.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endorphinz
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2009

As CZX says, iPhone 4 is good enough. I can't think of anything 5 does that I would want. The only reason I'll consider it is when I qualify for an upgrade, so I can unlock my old iphone and use it when I travel in Europe.

that's why I never upgraded to the 4s

I think the turnover of clothes in the classifieds is most ironic. grails seem to be very short lived

no one ever said any of this shit is necessary but yeah, faster is better. it's all about making yourself happy.

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

I'm more interested in what's been perfected than what's new. The iphone's mail app is relatively mature, which is something I rely on heavily. Mind you, getting most of the matured content only requires updating the OS, not the phone, but have the newer model's capacity makes the software run more efficiently.

Comment

• Crowzer
                              • Feb 2011

I'm more interested to buy an iPad than the new iPhone 5. Siri is available on the new iPad with the iOS 6 update

Comment

• endorphinz
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2009

I'll never use Siri and I'd never use an iPad. iPhone or ultrabook... btw, I'm lovin the Sony z

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎