Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • interest1
    • Nov 2008

After just telling a friend I was getting an iPhone, I think I wanna wait for this edition to come out:

And yes, I will be bringing Mr CK to as many threads as I can.
    sain't

Comment

• Ahimsa
      Vegan Police
      • Sep 2011

Interest 1: "I saw a thread where Louis C.K. was not, and I said no. This will not do."
      StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
        I want more control...I'm tired of them telling me what I can and can't do with my devices (save for the macbook I guess, which was just out of date).

Why can't I download a music file and save it on my ipad on whatever site I chose? Something simple like that is frustrating.

I hated ios7, it was slow and laggy and looked awful...why couldn't I make it look how I wanted it to look like I can with Android?

Once I rid myself of one product, I found the others far less useful, so they all gradually worked their way out the door. I understand why people like apple, it's very simple and user-friendly, but for nerds like me, that's a huge deterrent.
        don't do it man
        go back to apple, trust me PC life is really lonely and depressing.
        i gave up OSX back when they were still power pc's and started building desktop pc's as a nod to my childhood and gaming

fast forward a few years depinning a corsair power supply and wrapping it in milsepec heat shrink so it looks "cleaner" in a fractal define case

always have to have the newest/fastest SSD

go back to apple man, it's just easier for most people

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

too late now!

I'm using a Note 3 and a Microsoft Surface Pro 2. Both are usable, well designed, let me have my fun customizing and having "control", but still maintaining what I liked about apple - slick industrial design, etc.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Picasso
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Dane View Post
            too late now!

I'm using a Note 3 and a Microsoft Surface Pro 2. Both are usable, well designed, let me have my fun customizing and having "control", but still maintaining what I liked about apple - slick industrial design, etc.
            Ever had the Surface Pro? I'm trying to get one but can't afford the 800+ for a new one so ebay it is. My only concern is the battery life how is it on yours?

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

iOS7 is pushing me to android. But I can't see giving up os x anytime soon.
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

work supplied a GS4 (need to toe the company line right?) but ended up buying myself a iPhone 5S as soon as it came out. I owned the original Galaxy S, the SII and a couple of other Android phones and was hoping the user experience had improved since then but no dice, the operating system just doesn't feel fluid or intuitive enough to me.

in a related note my GF bought a new Nexus 7 after iOS 7 turned my iPad Mini in to a buggy mess (Chrome in particular enjoyed crashing) but ended up returning it a couple of days later as the keyboard and interface felt unresponsive to her even though all her smartphones have been Android devices. after I picked up the Mini with retina display she's taken to stealing my tablet again while mulling over buying a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I'm going for the new iPad. Every ounce in a device like that counts.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

Air or Mini? they're both great but decided to stick with the Mini's form factor after playing with both of them in store, planning to buy a 15" MB Pro on Black Friday so don't need another device with a large screen.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Air!!
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DamageX
                        • Dec 2008

I agree with dji. The mini is a much, much better form factor for a tablet and of course it is better for carrying around. I like that I can just pop it in my jacket pocket and have the option of not carrying a bag.

Go for the mini!

Comment

• endersgame
                          • Aug 2009

i've been hearing some retina mini suffer image retention and poor gamut range...

does anyone have any first hand experience with a beoplay V1?

i keep going to the store to look at it, and yes, I love the way it looks especially in white. i love all the ways you can mount it and how you can hide an apple tv in the back... but i just can't justify the price when everything else costs a fraction..

Comment

• theetruscan
                            • Jan 2008

Air is so much nicer to look at. I am enough of a geek that I spent an evening drinking whiskey and comparing them. The mini's screen isn't in the same league, and you give up too much screen real estate. No one here can fit a mini into a pocket, so what's the upside?
                            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                              does anyone have any first hand experience with a beoplay V1?
                              A friend of mine equipped his apartment with B&O stuff a few years ago, and just as it was 20 years ago, it still remains quite difficult to use. It almost seems as if they want to hide as many settings and functions as possible, I consider myself quite handy with technology but everytime I use B&O stuff I get aggressive. Don't know if the beoplay differs much from the rest.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• dji
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                                Air is so much nicer to look at. I am enough of a geek that I spent an evening drinking whiskey and comparing them. The mini's screen isn't in the same league, and you give up too much screen real estate. No one here can fit a mini into a pocket, so what's the upside?
                                The Mini with Retina is the same resolution as the Air though, arguably the Minis's screen is better due to the higher density. The Mini is more comfortable to hold for extended periods and is a better size to travel with, the only reason I really see for choosing the Air over the Mini is if your eyesight isn't great and you need larger text when reading.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎