• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DamageX View Post
    I agree with dji. The mini is a much, much better form factor for a tablet and of course it is better for carrying around. I like that I can just pop it in my jacket pocket and have the option of not carrying a bag.

Go for the mini!
    You obviously don't wear Paul Harnden
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
      A friend of mine equipped his apartment with B&O stuff a few years ago, and just as it was 20 years ago, it still remains quite difficult to use. It almost seems as if they want to hide as many settings and functions as possible, I consider myself quite handy with technology but everytime I use B&O stuff I get aggressive. Don't know if the beoplay differs much from the rest.
      I keep waiting for an article about how much Apple has swiped from B&O, but seems like no one is intent on publishing one.

10-15 years ago, I'd say B&O may be worth to blow your money on, if you have play money, but I think that mass market technology has bridged the gap significantly in terms of both design and quality. I don't see a reason to buy B&O these days aside from the way it looks.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Picasso View Post
        Ever had the Surface Pro? I'm trying to get one but can't afford the 800+ for a new one so ebay it is. My only concern is the battery life how is it on yours?
        No, I started with the 2. Battery life is excellent...at least 7 hours, usually more. Haswell has been good to the ultrabook.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

I've been a longtime Apple consumer but switched to my first Android phone (Galaxy S4 since Verizon doesn't support the Nexus 5) about a week and a half ago. It's thinner and lighter than the iphone 4 and way more user friendly IMO. Drag and drop capability for media uploading and same simple downloading of images and video when plugged into the macbook pro. Great battery life as well.

I made the switch due to acquiring Google Glass which will be used by me for some medical/surgical application development.

I really like Glass. Took a bit of getting used to, but once learning how to use it, it is an incredible piece of technology and has a lot of "smart" software built into it as well as some interesting hardware that hasn't even been fully implemented yet (including IR sensors that can detect eye blinks).

Being a big time multitasker, this is the greatest hands free method to keep working on one thing while taking care of others verbally or needing to physically be at a computer or doing things on the phone.

Be interested in knowing if there are any other Glass users on SZ.
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• jackg
            • Oct 2011

^ what do you do in the real world Chinorlz?

Glass seems like a pretty incredible piece of technology, although I feel like some of the potential (negative) consequences aren't often discussed. This lecture from Zizek (although pre-dating glass) discusses a similar concept and the implications of synthesizing technology so directly into our lives. Really interesting perspective and one that is more often a skewed in favour of the positive more practical implications of these kinds of technological advancements.

the lecture is long but well worth your time.

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by dji View Post
              The Mini with Retina is the same resolution as the Air though, arguably the Minis's screen is better due to the higher density. The Mini is more comfortable to hold for extended periods and is a better size to travel with, the only reason I really see for choosing the Air over the Mini is if your eyesight isn't great and you need larger text when reading.

TL;DR version: The color gamut and quality on the mini screen is rather poor. The Air is massively better.
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jackg View Post
                ^ what do you do in the real world Chinorlz?

Glass seems like a pretty incredible piece of technology, although I feel like some of the potential (negative) consequences aren't often discussed. This lecture from Zizek (although pre-dating glass) discusses a similar concept and the implications of synthesizing technology so directly into our lives. Really interesting perspective and one that is more often a skewed in favour of the positive more practical implications of these kinds of technological advancements.

the lecture is long but well worth your time.
                I may have to let that video play one of these evenings and just listen.

In the real world I am a physician, general surgery resident, medical device designer and I sometimes make wearable things under the line Collateral Concepts :)

New technology has always interested me. I like to think about the opportunities and implications of each device and perhaps how it may be used in a way not yet thought of; or at least applying it to the medical/surgical field.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ He is really the new 007, because I don't know how else he does all these things. Thumbs up, Albert, you never cease to impress me.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                    http://anandtech.com/show/7519/apple...lay-reviewed/3

TL;DR version: The color gamut and quality on the mini screen is rather poor. The Air is massively better.
                    Thanks for sharing although I still prefer the Mini personally for the form factor.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      /\ He is really the new 007, because I don't know how else he does all these things. Thumbs up, Albert, you never cease to impress me.
                      Thanks for the kind words boss

Just trying to fill the days with things that interest me :)

Comment

• doldrums
                        • Dec 2008

Hey Albert - I got one too and am working on medical use cases as well :)

We are practically the same person except I'm a cardiologist and more entrenched in IT world, qi, systems, and startups (in the past before joining the man) as opposed to devices/ hardware.

And most important difference - substitute electronic music composition for clothing design :)

We should collaborate if our respective employers can handle some encumbered IP.

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                        I've been a longtime Apple consumer but switched to my first Android phone (Galaxy S4 since Verizon doesn't support the Nexus 5) about a week and a half ago. It's thinner and lighter than the iphone 4 and way more user friendly IMO. Drag and drop capability for media uploading and same simple downloading of images and video when plugged into the macbook pro. Great battery life as well.

I made the switch due to acquiring Google Glass which will be used by me for some medical/surgical application development.

I really like Glass. Took a bit of getting used to, but once learning how to use it, it is an incredible piece of technology and has a lot of "smart" software built into it as well as some interesting hardware that hasn't even been fully implemented yet (including IR sensors that can detect eye blinks).

Being a big time multitasker, this is the greatest hands free method to keep working on one thing while taking care of others verbally or needing to physically be at a computer or doing things on the phone.

Be interested in knowing if there are any other Glass users on SZ.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
                          Hey Albert - I got one too and am working on medical use cases as well :)

We are practically the same person except I'm a cardiologist and more entrenched in IT world, qi, systems, and startups (in the past before joining the man) as opposed to devices/ hardware.

And most important difference - substitute electronic music composition for clothing design :)

We should collaborate if our respective employers can handle some encumbered IP.
                          We must talk :)

Will e-mail you tomorrow!

Comment

• Icarium
                            • Oct 2010

Have the nexus 5 upgrading from the nexus 4. Pretty awesome phone... kit kat has a few minor bugs I've noticed, but overall definitely an upgraded experience and a very well built and durable device.

Haven't looked back at apple devices quitting the 3g. I remember when they only allowed you to sync to one device and I choose my desktop at home instead of my work laptop and couldn't put an album on my phone while working halfway around the world without jailbreaking it. Was so retarded. Do not miss having to go through itunes at all.

Comment

• endorphinz
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009

^ as I previously stated,i hate apple. I don't know what I'd do without THIS.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
                                Have the nexus 5 upgrading from the nexus 4. Pretty awesome phone... kit kat has a few minor bugs I've noticed, but overall definitely an upgraded experience and a very well built and durable device.
                                it definitely feels and looks nice, I've had for a couple of weeks and to me its one of the best looking smart phones ever designed alongside the htc one. Then again I'm a sucker for anything stealthy looking
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎