X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

I went with a friend yesterday to look at them and the weight difference is significant...it almost made the mini look heavy in comparison. Even though I left the apple-camp, it still impressed me. I say go for it.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Dane View Post
      I went with a friend yesterday to look at them and the weight difference is significant...it almost made the mini look heavy in comparison. Even though I left the apple-camp, it still impressed me. I say go for it.
      Yeah, and when you travel quite a bit, mostly with only carryon, every ounce counts. I do find the iPad (especially with the cover), a bit heavy to hold in one hand - this promises to be perfect. Gonna go check it out. Goth ninja meeting at the Apple store on Prince at 6 p.m.!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endorphinz
        Banned
        • Jun 2009

Prob too late but best buy has the iPad air discounted today $50-$70 depending on model... You can buy online & pick up in store... My sis bought one... I'm typing on it now

So if you don't wanna deal with Apple credit it's a good option PLUS you have till jan 15 to decide if you wanna keep it.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

So, I went, I saw, I played around, and left without buying one. Mine is good enough.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endorphinz
            Banned
            • Jun 2009

So I couldn't resist best buys liberal holiday return policy. I bought the ipad air 64gb grey last night with full intentions of using it for a month and returning it. I really wanted to experience the mania first hand. After playing with it for a few hours,I realize that I won't need a month.

I can't see carrying & using this thing while running around. As I thought,everything I would use it for I already do on my phone and the phone is MUCH more convenient. IOS 7 sucks and embedded YouTube vids cause safari to crash (see google). There would never be a reason to listen to listen music thru the iPad. Perhaps it would be useful to load with video & watch while traveling or to play games.... Don't do much traveling these daze (unfortunately) and I never have played vid games. Yes, graphics are beautiful and reading on the big screen is very easy on the eyes. I'll continue to play for a couple of weeks but I really doubt I'll keep it; would return this one & exchange for 16gb if I did decide to keep.... Don't need storage space for music.

Odds are my apple hate will eventually win & I'll be "padless." I'll use my play period to determine if I need ANY tablet. I honestly don't think so. Between my sony ultra book and my phone,I believe I'm well covered.

Comment

• endorphinz
              Banned
              • Jun 2009

there's no doubt that the technology is great and some might really find a tablet useful. At this point I don't think I'm one of them but I'm still playin

and, the new Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 is getting great reviews... screen has higher res than air and is smaller & lighter ( screen is smaller tho)... does anyone have any first hand knowledge?

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

^ it's a nice device but the app selection is kinda limited as it only has access to the Amazon Appstore so it depends what you want to use it for. she ain't cheap either, especially if you factor in the neato origami case.

girlfriend ended up buying a 32GB iPad Air from Target on Thanksgiving, came with a $100 gift card which is about as good a deal as you're likely to see until the new model is out in a year or so. only problem now is finding a sleeve that's designed for the size..

Comment

• Liquid
                  • Jul 2009

I'm actually much more impressed by the new ipad mini than the ipad air.

All of the ipad air's hype and marketing are about how powerful yet how portable. Well the new ipad mini is every ounce as powerful... even higher density retina display... and it's like half the size! And it's $100 cheaper! If anything the ipad mini should be more expensive than the air.
                  Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society. -MT

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    So, I went, I saw, I played around, and left without buying one. Mine is good enough.
                    Forgot to say that I happened to be near an Apple store with my iPad 2, so I walked in and made a pretty thorough comparison (watching movie trailers side by side, and reading) and in my opinion 90% of iPad Air is hype and 10% improvement. It was not significantly slimmer or lighter and the graphics were not significantly better to my eye.

I've said it before here but it looks like innovation in a lot of technology has reached a plateau, which is natural, and until new technology comes along it will be mostly marketing ploys selling new devices. Now what to do with five hundred bucks?!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• curiouscharles
                      • Jan 2008

Forgot to say that I happened to be near an Apple store with my iPad 2, so I walked in and made a pretty thorough comparison (watching movie trailers side by side, and reading) and in my opinion 90% of iPad Air is hype and 10% improvement. It was not significantly slimmer or lighter and the graphics were not significantly better to my eye.

I've said it before here but it looks like innovation in a lot of technology has reached a plateau, which is natural, and until new technology comes along it will be mostly marketing ploys selling new devices. Now what to do with five hundred bucks?!
                      hrmmm, that's strange.

while i absolutely loathe all my apple products [iPhone 5, iPad "3"], the difference between non-retina & retina displays is nothing short of staggering.

resolution, colour depth, colour accuracy, the works...

playing around on peoples' old iPad 2's is like reading without glasses, with a strong astigmatism.
                      —
                      -

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

I have to agree...can't help but hate apple, but the retina vs non-retina is like night and day for me, and the weight difference in the ipad air is incredibly attractive to me.
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

Based on forum averages, you can buy one half of one shoe.

Funny thing, perspective.
                          sain't

Comment

• munch
                            • Aug 2008

yeah I'm with you on that one, I don't feel the need to upgrade from the earlier iPads (well the 1st one -> 2nd generation is big, and the retina resolution *is* nice but not worth the upgrade to me) either.

although I do need a new... what's it called... portfolio case?
                            but I don't want one that is just magnetic, and the ones that aren't are like way too big and clumsy. are there no good slim ones out there with button/velcro/whatever? that don't look like absolute poop. would prefer grippy hardcase or something.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Why is Safari 30mb in size and Chrome 300mb?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Wolfmechanic
                                • Jul 2013

Because Apple totally hates everything non-Apple. I switched over to an android for the first time in years because I got tired of dealing with crazy irregular file sizes and incompatibility between my PC and Iphone. Itunes on PC uses almost 4x the memory and system processes that the OSX version does.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎