Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Picasso
    • Jul 2013

I had to upgrade the ram on my 13' mcb pro to secure it for the future. Simply cause you can't upgrade the ram because they decided to solder it on -__- . I'm guessing this is to prevent the gen public from messing things up? But then again when will the gen pop ever try n upgrade their max solo

Comment

• interest1
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Actually, I have replaced the hard drive on my iMac myself with merely the help of a YouTube video Ditto for the cracked back screen of iPhone 4. Easy. I think most people are just scared to do it. But since NYC is notorious for shitty techs and overpriced services, my new motto is "If they can do it, I can do it."
      Truth. At Tekserve on 23rd St, the running joke was Oh, it's you again."

At one point, I asked if they had a punch card deal.
      sain't

Comment

• Lohikaarme
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Picasso View Post
        I had to upgrade the ram on my 13' mcb pro to secure it for the future. Simply cause you can't upgrade the ram because they decided to solder it on -__- . I'm guessing this is to prevent the gen public from messing things up? But then again when will the gen pop ever try n upgrade their max solo
        That's the general idea. Same reason why most laptop CPUs are soldered to the MoBo (and/or graphics card, can't remember). Theoretically, it can make it more stable from a drop, so that's a benefit. Conspiracy-wise it's so you can't upgrade/if anything goes wrong you have to shell out a bunch of money to Apple.

A smaller subset of the general public can and do upgrade laptop parts, usually RAM, hard drive, and fan. Generally this is due to failure of the parts or simply because it's a relatively cheap and easy way to get a performance boost (esp. from HDD to SSD). Though, many of them will call a repair center or something for that, but I'd say that's under the general public since they aren't sending the product directly back to Dell/Mac/whatever company.

Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

sain't

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Google Glass on the Daily Show. Couldn't stop laughing.

The Daily Show is an Emmy- and Peabody Award-winning program that looks at the day’s top headlines through a sharp, reality-based lens.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Haha just watched that episode on the plane
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

WHAT THE FUCK - All of a sudden my Safari autocorrect "No" into "i don't know"
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

because apple
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• DRRRK
                    • Aug 2009

I once wrote about how the word "no" is too hard for the generation that is used to get either likes or at worst, no opinion, so to replace it with the imprecise "i don't know" makes total sense.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I think it was my daughter messing with me. :)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

big phone is big but I need a larger battery, iPhone 5S and Samsung Galaxy S4 don't last past 7-8pm without a midday charge. checked out the 6 and the 6 Plus in store today, the Plus I ordered will arrive tomorrow so I guess I'll decide if I can live with it then..

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Surprised it took this long for a new iPhone post to pop up.
                          I got the 5S beforehand on purpose. These big phones are vulgar and bulky.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fncyths
                            • Apr 2010

Love the 5s. I agree with faust. the plus is like talking on an ipad mini. I couldn't imagine putting that up to my head and using it as a mobile. but, that being said, the camera on there is quite impressive and since I'm an instagram junkie it's quite enticing.

give us your thoughts dji
                            Originally posted by Shucks
                            it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                            Originally posted by interest1
                            I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

no doubt the designs of the 4 and 5 were much more elegant, the 6 series are just another (albeit well built) slab. unfortunately in my line of work I need to make a lot of calls, email, etc. and in areas with poor coverage due to interference sources so the battery always takes a caning.

delivery was delayed so mine should arrive tomorrow. on a positive note a colleague got the Plus and I can walk up stairs with it in the pocket of my Acne Ace jeans so should be golden for pocketability.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

I find the 5" display range (Nexus 5, Galaxy 4/5 and most other bigger android phones...) pretty perfect, it still fits in any jean/pant pocket but the display is big enough for everything. I guess its why I very rarely use a tablet. after using this size for a while the older iphones feel like toys.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎