Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

I would have gone for the regular 6 if not for the battery life issue, from reviews it has similar battery life to the 5S which won't cut it for me.

tried many times to enjoy using Android (had the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, SE Xperia Neo, Samsung GS 1, 2 and 4 so it's not for want of trying..) but the input lag still kills me every time.

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

so far so good on the 6 Plus. the size is without a doubt a tad unwieldy but the leather case helps give grip, the naked aluminium casing feels slippery otherwise. battery life is excellent (but ask again in 6 months after it starts to degrade), after 14 hours off the charger during a work day it was still at 50% charge.

Comment

• volta
        • May 2009

jesus christ. rename this thread "fapple" already. disappoints me every time.

*REDACTED*

Comment

• Monoral
          • Mar 2014

I got throw off a bit on the sizes of 6 and 6+

I was thinking of buying the 6+ because i play games and watch movies a lot on my phone. Now im not so sure what i should settling for...
          Last edited by Monoral; 09-27-2014, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• volta
            • May 2009

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
            i play games a lot on my phone.
            pffffft, no such thing.

let me guess, cnadry super crush deluxze ultra farm saga simulator flappy splashy fish bird 30000? it took that for "games" (using the term very loosely) to become more popular than ever?

UNBELIEVABLE! /s

this world is a joke.
            Last edited by volta; 09-27-2014, 03:51 AM.

Comment

• Monoral
              • Mar 2014

Originally posted by volta View Post
              pffffft, no such thing.

let me guess, cnadry super crush deluxze ultra farm saga simulator flappy splashy fish bird 30000? it took that for "games" (using the term very loosely) to become more popular than ever?

UNBELIEVABLE! /s

this world is a joke.
              Final Fantasy games and such, full length games.
              Last game i played while on the road for work is The world ends with you and it lend itself very well on touch devices.

Dont start insulting before you know all the fact.

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                Final Fantasy games and such, full length games.
                Last game i played while on the road for work is The world ends with you and it lend itself very well on touch devices.

Dont start insulting before you know all the fact.

Dude, that's his specialty.
                sain't

Comment

• Monoral
                  • Mar 2014

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                  Dude, that's his specialty.
                  Yes i've notice...

Comment

• pilgrim
                    • Apr 2014

I'm looking forward to the release of Nexus 6. Although it is considered a "phablet" at 5.9" and I'm not sure how I feel about that. How do any of you feel about larger phones? I dropped a galaxy s4 once, before I got the nexus 5.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Sizing was just discussed above, personally I think 5" is the perfect size, the Nexus 5 fits in all of my pockets as well as my hand, and it's big enough for me to never use my tablet. 6" might be pushing it..
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ryanhast
                        • Sep 2013

Ever since I stopped putting phones in my pocket size has become less important. As long as the phone fits in my wallet then my experience doesn't really change.

That being said the iPhone 6 Plus huge, too big IMO. But since it still fits in my wallet I am keeping it. I will say I am enjoying the larger screen for viewing media and it almost makes my iPad mini redundant.

Here's how my wallet / phone combo works for those curious.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

I feel like with the 6, Apple has abandoned the Jobs ethos of "we tell consumers what they want" and into "we are just another company whom consumers tell what they want." Personally, I liked the Jobs ethos. Anyway, the 6 seems to be a hit on the market.

I wonder how the watch will do.

Has any of you bought an UHDTV set yet?
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deltapie
                            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post

I wonder how the watch will do.
                            terribly most likely. the appeal of the smartwatch (and not just apple's) is very limited, it doesn't really do anything you can't accomplish by busting out your phone.
                            "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• etgreg
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Has any of you bought an UHDTV set yet?
                              Faust are you looking at buying a 4K TV soon? Just like HD in the beginning there is not that much content available.

Here is a good read to start with.

The latest technology news and reviews, covering computing, home entertainment systems, gadgets and more

The other issue you going to have when looking at TVs is that most of the retailers leave a feature on called Auto Motion, Auto Motion Plus or something similar also know as the "Soap Opera Effect." Ask them to turn it off.

Motion interpolation is a feature TVs use to increase the frame rate of content to match the TV's refresh rate. The goal of this is to help with the appearance of motion and smooth out fast-moving objects.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Thanks. Not looking to buy any soon. I am not an early adapter. Just thinking that my next TV set should already be one that's future-proof. But I don't mind waiting a couple of years.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎