• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by deltapie View Post
    terribly most likely. the appeal of the smartwatch (and not just apple's) is very limited, it doesn't really do anything you can't accomplish by busting out your phone.
    Normally I would agree, but Apple has proven me wrong before. The medical functions, if done right, could actually be the next thing. Instead of obsessively checking FB we will be obsessively checking our pulse. I think it will do in NY/LA and other health-obsessed areas full of rich people, and that might be enough to give it the initial leg to stand on.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Was looking forward to the new iMac but not at $2,500
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

It's pretty and all...but 4K monitors have dropped drastically in price as of late. Hard to justify $2500.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• deltapie
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Normally I would agree, but Apple has proven me wrong before. The medical functions, if done right, could actually be the next thing. Instead of obsessively checking FB we will be obsessively checking our pulse. I think it will do in NY/LA and other health-obsessed areas full of rich people, and that might be enough to give it the initial leg to stand on.
          I'm a bit skeptical about how well it would do just looking at it from a fitness perspective. You already have Nike Fuel and Fitbit, products that are adequate enough in that field and are compatible with Android/Windows/iOS. Buuuuut it's probably worth mentioning.....

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/10...e-watch-china/
          "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• darkbydesign
            • Sep 2010

^^That's a great article and does make me laugh that as Americans we always think everything is designed for us. That health "bigdata" software is a joke and could be sooooo much more integrated, but is simply an afterthought to apply the technology to Western culture and derive a 1-10% market, relative to exactly what the article above points out. They haven't even put in an app to add your genetic information or a proper EMR yet, which is weak. Apple's products will always do well in different parts of the world. I think based off the individuality of the iWatch (just by putting different designs on the screen) it'll do well in Japan as well, as fashion more than anything. I mean, since this is a fashion board, you can in theory make the iWatch match literally anything you wear instead of having to own tons of watches to do that (assuming you actually care about matching, since now everyone wears black/white/gray like all of us on SZ). For some people that's really attractive in itself. Just more as pop-culture accessory bling or whatever.

Take those populations and well....for marketing the iWatch.....who really cares about the Western world, right?

In contrast to most, I think it's not a bad deal for the price and function (relative to other watches, which don't appeal to me at all....in fact, I hate watches) I think it'll do extremely well, globally.

Comment

• darkbydesign
              • Sep 2010

Anyone else install OS X Yosemite with great results? I was expecting a nightmare since the online reviews are so poor, but it has improved performance really nicely on my MacBook Pro. The internet runs way faster and honestly, just about everything including Mail and iTunes seems to run faster. Pretty happy thus far.

Comment

• Eleven
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
                Anyone else install OS X Yosemite with great results?
                Yosemite seems to lag the brush strokes when used with a Wacom Tablet.

Other than that, seems pretty good especially with the new overall change in design.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Oops.

"Whatever happened to google glass?"

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Monoral
                    • Mar 2014

Oops.

http://business.financialpost.com/20...#__federated=1
                    It's a cool idea, but as far as im aware nobody seriously expect it to set the world on fire.

I don't think wearable tech will become a thing anytime soon and frankly i find it really uninteresting. However i think it will pave the way for things like mechanical augmentations in term of user interface. Imagine something similar to Google glass device that replace your eyes or something less drastic as contact lenses computer, now that would be effing rad.
                    Last edited by Monoral; 11-20-2014, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                      It's a cool idea, but as far as im aware nobody seriously expect it to set the world on fire.

I don't think wearable tech will become a thing anytime soon and frankly i find it really uninteresting. However i think it does will pave the way for things like mechanical augmentations in term of user interface. Imagine something similar to Google glass device that replace your eyes or something less drastic as contact lenses computer, now that would be effing rad.
                      I can't wait until we reach the point where we get the cyberpunk future we deserve and surveillance is everywhere, the rich are technologically enhanced and the poor are just walking organ farms.
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Monoral
                        • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                        I can't wait until we reach the point where we get the cyberpunk future we deserve and surveillance is everywhere, the rich are technologically enhanced and the poor are just walking organ farms.
                        I can't wait for that day to come. I already wear spectacles and a wristwatch, and I always carry a phone, which I'm currently in the process of duct taping to the side of my head. Would skip all this for a pair of computer eyeballs

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

Oops.

The liability got dangerously close to those revolutionary "Opti-Grab" glasses Steve Martin's character invented in The Jerk – where he gets sued for all he's worth when everyone who bought a pair ends up permanently cross-eyed, including the judge and jury.

sain't

Comment

• Monoral
                            • Mar 2014

More on robotic prosthetic limbs

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Wix or Squarespace for building a personal/portfolio website?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 550BC
                                • Jan 2013

Squarespace! I have experience with it and it keeps improving, never had drama with it
                                a fish out of water dies

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎