X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monoral
    • Mar 2014

What BC said, drama free and smooth.
    Last edited by Monoral; 12-19-2014, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• gregor
      • Oct 2014

Squarespace by far. Wix has such little versatility comparatively to me, though I admittedly haven't used it in a while, Squarespace is really good.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Thanks, guys - went with Squarespace and it was absolutely perfect and easy.

New question - were there any significant improvements made in the 2014 iMac over the 2013 one? My 9 year old iMac is finally giving up :-) (it's not broken but it simply does not have enough memory to cope with the current operating system). Thinking to save a few bucks by getting a refurbished unit from Apple.

I don't do anything data intensive except an occasional rudimentary Photoshop dabbling. Also trying to figure out if I should get a 21.5" (mine is 20") or 27"? I fear 27 would be just too big to sit in front of, but it would be great doubling as a small TV (it sits on a desk in my bedroom).

This seems like a good one:

P.S. Also tempted to just ball and get the retina one :-)
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Monoral
          • Mar 2014

Personally I prefer Retina, but that is just depends on what you're using it for. I went retina for laptop and desktop because I work a lot with photo editing and 3D rendering so Retina is obvious choice here.

So basically what do you need? is better, brighter screen important to you? do you watch movies or working with photography or others graphical works? is your budget allow for a little bit more expensive with minor improvement that you may or may not need.

But if you got the capital, feel free to go nuts

Comment

• Nickefuge
            • Nov 2014

If you got the fundz to ball out, then do it. You´ll have a system that will be suitable for many more operating systems to come.
            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Jtothewhat
              • Oct 2014

I consider myself pretty cheap when it comes to electronics, I hate paying full price and am often open to buying used even when I can afford the newest version..I just think the companies force obsolescence too often and people buy into it way too easily.. that being said as someone who has a non retina iMac (and macbook) at home and uses a retina at work, the retina is DEFINITELY worth the money, it makes such a big difference especially if you're doing any photo/web/design work (which I assume you do with the site/mag/forum).

Comment

• darkbydesign
                • Sep 2010

^^Absolutely good advice here! Go with the retina if you can. It's well worth it and once you note the difference you'll regret not having access to the clarity.

Comment

• fncyths
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  P.S. Also tempted to just ball and get the retina one :-)
                  Go retina for sure!

Also check out the mac rumors buyer's guide before making any purchases

Depending on how you have your home entertainment set up check out Apple TV as well.

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                  If you got the fundz to ball out, then do it. You´ll have a system that will be suitable for many more operating systems to come.
                  this is for you buddy. thanks for all your insightful contribution to the forum

Originally posted by Shucks
                  it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                  Originally posted by interest1
                  I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Should've kept my mouth shut - now you fuckers are convincing me to spend moneyz!!!
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• GucciAmen
                      • Sep 2014

I hope this doesn't push you over the edge... But the retina difference is staggering when it comes to reading text constantly on fora and enjoying HQ films/art . You won't regret it.

Comment

• finite-
                        • Dec 2014

if anyone is looking for a cheap mp3 player i recommend sansa clip+, its great. also thinkpad x201 is amazing for cheap tiny laptops and it runs linux perfectly

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

speaker hack
                          sain't

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Well, I took the plunge on the iMac Retina. Thank you, enablers
                            But, given how much time I spend in front of the computer, reading and looking at photos, and that it is my primary work, I hope it pays off in the long run.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Set up the Retina today. Damn. As advertised.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mononon
                                • Sep 2009

the problem with the retina screen is when I use non-retina screens it's just painful now!

calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎