X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

No, stumbled upon it by accident, actually.

The Air's resolution is notably pathetic when I put it next to my retina iMac. I think I am going to take it with me to the Apple store and compare side by side.

Before the naysayers pile in - I only use the laptop when I travel and that is for web browsing, word processing, and photo editing. I was planning to buy a wireless SD card anyway before my next trip so I can transfer quality photos straight from my camera onto my iphone for Instagram (in the aim to bring you quality photo reportage from Paris shows as opposed to the usual shitty pictures, so thank me later), and I don't remember when I used a USB port for anything else.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jtothewhat
      • Oct 2014

The screen on the new Macbook is nice and the physical design is great, but it's more money than a new macbook air and it actually performs slower, even than the 11 inch Macbook air (which is generally slower than the 13inch depending on what processor you go with). The Intel M chip it uses performs significantly worse in any sort of editing (photoshop) and multitasking (like 10+ tab browsing while running other programs) than the i5 chips used in Macbook Airs.. I guess the plus is that the retina display is advantageous for things like photoshop and it is a beautiful looking machine.

Still, I think I would rather have a 13 inch macbook air, to me 13 is the perfect screen size and I have no problems multitasking quite a few cpu intensive programs on the macbook air. If I am really in need of a better resolution screen for working on something like photos it is not expensive to get a good quality monitor to plug into at home.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

The 13" is a pound heavier. When I lug it around Pitti Uomo or Paris all day, every ounce counts.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

FMC, do you cover yours in potato sack cloth? #paulharnden

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
            • Jan 2013

looks like saving my money for that new super retina iMac is the way to go.

Comment

• Nickefuge
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
              Lol.

I can't see Paul ever releasing Apple accessories...
              ... maybe a traditional apple peeler?
              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
                looks like saving my money for that new super retina iMac is the way to go.
                Checked it out today. It didn't seem THAT light of thin compared to my Air, but I'll go back with it to do a side by side. The space gray color is pretty though and the display is nice, and so is they keyboard.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                  Vegan Police
                  • Sep 2011

The expanded keyboard is a big deal for me as the Air's isn't as wide as a regular macbook so my spider fingers miss the keys a lot.
                  StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                    • Jan 2013

looked again at (new?) Air offering, and it has 8mb memory upgrade option. So performance-wise Air is definitely superior to Macbook. But the latter has the retina display and 1lb lighter. 12" is getting a bit too small though.

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by t3hg0suazn View Post
                      looked again at (new?) Air offering, and it has 8mb memory upgrade option. So performance-wise Air is definitely superior to Macbook. But the latter has the retina display and 1lb lighter. 12" is getting a bit too small though.
                      Honestly every time I pick up an Air I marvel how close it feels to snapping in my hands -- not a fan of that product.

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

tempted by the new Macbook if I need to travel with a personal laptop in the future, I have a 15" MB Pro w/ Retina but only really use it around the home.

Comment

• dji
                          • Feb 2008

bit of a random question but does anyone know of a good e-invitation system that allows for invites via email and Facebook? tried Punchbowl but it includes a lot of BS animations, too many clicks to RSVP.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                            Vegan Police
                            • Sep 2011

^ Speaking of which, there must be an easier way than putting all the names from RSVPs from email manually into Excel to make a list.

So if anyone knows…

Comment

• timm3h
                              • Mar 2011

dji: You're looking for an integrated system where rsvps from both email and facebook write to the same source? Beyond placing a google doc link in both email and Facebook and trusting users to use that I'm assuming?

A more involved solution could use Facebook's Graph API to pull out a list of event attendees and export that to an Excel file or something.

Ahimsa: Does forcing people to use google docs count as easier?

Also relevant
                              Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

• Ahimsa
                                Vegan Police
                                • Sep 2011

Timm3h, after helping to integrate a company's entire document system to google, I'd say I'm more resistant than ever to use google's programs. (Excluding GA)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎